Conservative Family Values Bigot Arrested.

Way to double bump your own lame thread douchenoodle! :rofl:

Douche.gif

Hold the Noodles...

:)

peace...

The man in question, in the OP, show me where he has taken a stand against the evils of drinking. I mean if he's to be a hypocrite, then surely there is some evidence of it.

I've been speaking generically and don't think I've referenced the OP at all, so I'm not sure which person you're referring to. That said, an anti-gay Family Values conservative was arrested for drunk driving after leaving a gay bar with another man. Do I really have to explain which part of this is hypocritical?

So it's fair to judge all liberals by the actions of one? Truth is, the man you're speaking of may not have been aware that he was in a gay bar or that he was in there long enough to get inebriated. Maybe once he realized what kind of bar he was in, he left. Or perhaps he was there to try to convince others that their lifestyle was risky. I don' tknow the entire story and I doubt you do either. But that doesn't stop idiots like you from making rash judgements.

No, and I have not done that. I have, however, consistently watched in disgust as the GOP snows the general public with talk of being the party of family values yet they abuse the rules more than just about anyone. Speaking about the evils of the gay lifestyle and then engaging in it themselves; speaking of the evils of drugs and then indulging; speaking of the need to abide by existing rules and then breaking them whenever possible. These are the things I take umbrage with. When Republicans fight tooth and nail to outlaw abortion and then secretly take their daughters to personal physicians to have them performed; when Republicans work to increase penalties for non-violent drug offenders and then use their political pull to keep their kids from doing jail time (and then doing it all over again with the same kid, Governor Bush!). No, I have simply observed facts and made an educated opinion based on them. There are no "rash judgments" here. Go be an apologist for the GOP somewhere else.

What a bunch of liberal idiots. Just because someone has family values and/or Christian values, doesn't mean they can't or don't sin.

Liberals basically Admit that they don't have Standards to be Held to, but they are Quick to Pounce on those on the Right who do not Live up to the Standards that a Society should Aspire to.

peace...

I think this bears repeating here. I guess it's easy to not spout any values because then you're not held accountable when you don't live up to them. That's what you people want from the people running our country? I'll take my chances on the person that has 'family values' and if they fall from grace, then they will be voted out. I think that's better than voting for someone who won't take a stand on anything at all, i.e. democrats, at least according to all the dem supporters on here. Apparently their candidates don't have any values to live up too.

Last edited:
What a bunch of liberal idiots. Just because someone has family values and/or Christian values, doesn't mean they can't or don't sin.

Liberals basically Admit that they don't have Standards to be Held to, but they are Quick to Pounce on those on the Right who do not Live up to the Standards that a Society should Aspire to.

peace...

I think this bears repeating here. I guess it's easy to not spout any values because then you're not held accountable when you don't live up to them. That's what you people want from the people running our country? I'll take my chances on the person that has 'family values' and if they fall from grace, then they will be voted out. I think that's better than voting for someone who won't take a stand on anything at all, i.e. democrats, at least according to all the dem supporters on here. Apparently their candidates don't have any values to live up too.

Except that when conservatives fall from grace, they usually have the decency to resign or not seek re-election. But liberals... not so much.

peace...

No, you're missing the point. Of course our politicians should espouse the notion of living to higher standards, and by and large we should hold them to it. But we've devolved far from there. Both parties are full of hypocrites, but the GOP sets themselves apart by condescending to the rest of us, all while playing by whatever rules they think are appropriare for themselves. This isn't just a Christian man getting caught cheating on his wife and having to divorce. It's the moralizing double-standard of ratcheting up mandatory minimums for crack cocaine and then using one's position of authority to get their junkie kids sent to posh rehab clinics instead of serving time like everyone else. It's the chickenhawk mentality of playing military games with other people's children when they were conspicuously 4-F themselves. It's the doublespeak of "compassionate conservatism". If you wanna talk about the ways in which the Dems are hypocrites on their pet issues - and surely plenty of them are too - start that thread and I'll hop in. But the GOP is the discussion at hand, and they provide far too much fodder in this area.

And I prefer my candidates to not moralize on much of anything other than what they can do to help run the country as efficiently and as constitutionally sound as possible. That's what they are elected to do. Not lecture on values they are knowingly flouting as they give the speech.

Gawd, these awful family values people who stand up in public and condemn others for behavior that is benign compared to how they live their personal lives.

I bet he gets a liberal lawyer to protect his civil rights.:eusa_whistle:

Sen. Roy Ashburn arrested on suspicion of drunk driving

March 3, 2010 | 11:18 am

State Sen. Roy Ashburn (R-Bakersfield) was arrested early Wednesday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.

Ashburn was arrested just before 4 a.m. by California Highway Patrol officers in Sacramento, according to public records and law enforcement officials. The arrest was confirmed by Sacramento County sheriff's spokeswoman Sharon Chow.

Online arrest records show Ashburn was arrested at 3:56 a.m. and released later in the morning. Ashburn was scheduled to appear Wednesday morning at a press conference advocating his bill to allow rural hospitals to directly employ physicians.

The press conference was canceled due to a "personal emergency," according to press conference organizers. Ashburn has served in the Legislature since 1996. He is barred by the state term limits law from seeking reelection this year.

An aide at his Capitol office said no one was immediately available for comment.

--John Howard and Anthony York in Sacramento

Bakersfield Rallies Against Anti-Gay Zealots
Written by Administrator
Wednesday, 06 April 2005
By Whitney Douglas-Weddell

Background:
I learned on Wednesday night that religious bigot Lou Sheldon was bringing his anti-gay Traditional Values Coalition(TVC) to my hometown of Bakersfield the following Saturday. Our local State Senator, Roy Ashburn was to host a rally to promote an agenda against marriage equality, domestic partnerships, and gay & lesbian rights in general. Assemblyman Bill Maze and City Councilman Mike Maggard were also scheduled to speak, along with some local religious leaders.

some things...

ya know?

:eusa_whistle:

Faces.net

This is the "bar" he left when he was arrested for DUI.

They say they accept everyone:

"And of course FACES itself welcomes everyone in the rainbow … Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered, Transsexual, Intersex and friendly Straight folks 21 and over are all welcome to come join the party!"

-------------------------------------

Ashburn takes leave amid questions over his sexual orientation

Equality California, the state's leading gay rights lobbying organization, has consistently given Ashburn a zero percent rating in its annual scorecard of lawmakers' votes on gay rights. Ashburn has voted against bills establishing same-sex marriage, banning discrimination based on sexual orientation in businesses and strengthening anti-bullying and harassment protections for gay kids in public schools.
---------------------------
I never could understand why the right is comfortable with children being bullied?

Gawd, these awful family values people who stand up in public and condemn others for behavior that is benign compared to how they live their personal lives.

I bet he gets a liberal lawyer to protect his civil rights.:eusa_whistle:

Sen. Roy Ashburn arrested on suspicion of drunk driving
March 3, 2010 | 11:18 am

State Sen. Roy Ashburn (R-Bakersfield) was arrested early Wednesday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.

Ashburn was arrested just before 4 a.m. by California Highway Patrol officers in Sacramento, according to public records and law enforcement officials. The arrest was confirmed by Sacramento County sheriff's spokeswoman Sharon Chow.

Online arrest records show Ashburn was arrested at 3:56 a.m. and released later in the morning. Ashburn was scheduled to appear Wednesday morning at a press conference advocating his bill to allow rural hospitals to directly employ physicians.

The press conference was canceled due to a "personal emergency," according to press conference organizers. Ashburn has served in the Legislature since 1996. He is barred by the state term limits law from seeking reelection this year.

An aide at his Capitol office said no one was immediately available for comment.

--John Howard and Anthony York in Sacramento

What may or may not be significant is that before this happened he and another fellow, the one who was with him when he was busted for the DUI, were hanging out at and drinking at a local watering hole here in Sacramento, FACES, which among other things is known for a great transvestite review, and is a "GLBTI Club."

What is "strange" is that of all areas, and Ashburn has been around Sac for a minute or two, the "K" Street Club area, closing time and thereafter has every cop, highway patrol and any other law enforcement type in the city on the streets and watching. The guy really didn't have good sense to drive in that area that way, I mean he REALLY REALLY didn't have good sense to drive in that area that way...

Report: Anti-Gay Senator Gets DUI After Leaving Sacramento Gay Bar - cbs2.com

Bakersfield Rallies Against Anti-Gay Zealots
Written by Administrator
Wednesday, 06 April 2005
By Whitney Douglas-Weddell

Background:
I learned on Wednesday night that religious bigot Lou Sheldon was bringing his anti-gay Traditional Values Coalition(TVC) to my hometown of Bakersfield the following Saturday. Our local State Senator, Roy Ashburn was to host a rally to promote an agenda against marriage equality, domestic partnerships, and gay & lesbian rights in general. Assemblyman Bill Maze and City Councilman Mike Maggard were also scheduled to speak, along with some local religious leaders.

Last edited:

I bet he gets a liberal lawyer to protect his civil rights.

I bet he gets a liberal lawyer to protect his civil rights.
I agree with you man. Its shocking that a person who supports family values, isnt perfect in every way. Anyone who likes family values should be held to a MUCH higher standard than the rest of us. We can be imperfect, but THEY cant. He should probably just be executed.

Forum List

Back