Conservative Democrats...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
:lmao:& :crybaby:.. they no longer exist...not enough room in the big tent is my guess.

:lmao:& :crybaby:.. they no longer exist...not enough room in the big tent is my guess.
They all became republicans, as LBJ said they would, when he signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Close- but there is more to it.

There is less room for moderation in either party.

Conservative Democrats couldn't compete with Conservative Republicans when it came to getting Conservative votes- they lost both liberal Democratic votes, and Conservative Republican votes.

Just as liberal Republicans have lost Conservative Republican votes, and liberal Democrat votes.

Fewer and fewer of what we would consider 'moderates'- everyone wants to appeal to the loud fringe on the right and left- and are willing to eat their own if any Republican or Democrat strays too far from the 'proper' path.

They all became republicans, as LBJ said they would, when he signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Conservative Democrats couldn't compete with Conservative Republicans when it came to getting Conservative votes- they lost both liberal Democratic votes, and Conservative Republican votes.

Just as liberal Republicans have lost Conservative Republican votes, and liberal Democrat votes.

Fewer and fewer of what we would consider 'moderates'- everyone wants to appeal to the loud fringe on the right and left- and are willing to eat their own if any Republican or Democrat strays too far from the 'proper' path.
Having two distinct choices is probably better for the nation than having two virtually indistinguishable choices, making elections quasi-farcical.

Senator-Joe-Manchin-Assault-Weapon.jpg

Having two distinct choices is probably better for the nation than having two virtually indistinguishable choices, making elections quasi-farcical.

I disagree- what a shock.

Conservative Democrats and Liberal Republicans provided a nuance that is antithetical to the extremes of the right and the left that demand that candidates toe some extreme set of views.

I disagree- what a shock.

Conservative Democrats and Liberal Republicans provided a nuance that is antithetical to the extremes of the right and the left that demand that candidates toe some extreme set of views.

The election marketplace fixes any such problem. Voters won't support a party which is too extreme. This sets in motion an internal purge and a softening of positions.

I don't see a downside to having two CLEAR choices. I see plenty of downsides to having two mushy liberal parties where all positions are reduced to the greatest common factor.

The democrat party of 2014 more resembles a party the Bavarian press was writing about with considerable sarcasm back in the early 1930's. It was a magnet for degenerates, homosexual pedophiles, homosexual pederasts, queer thugs, criminals of every stripe, Jew-haters and race-baiters of rabid enthusiasm, and all other manner of societal reptile. Its leader was a queer who entertained the very sickest fetishes. That shouldn't surprise anyone should it...I mean the analogy?

Last edited:
The democrat party of 2014 more resembles a party the Bavarian press was writing about with considerable sarcasm back in the 1930's. It was a magnet for degenerates, homosexual pedophiles, homosexual pederasts, queer thugs, criminals of every stripe, Jew-haters and race-baiters of rabid enthusiasm, and all other manner of societal reptile. Its leader was a queer who entertained the very sickest fetishes. That shouldn't surprise anyone should it...I mean the analogy?
More rewrite of history. I should have clarified that they've rewritten "World History". They teach that anything that's ever been bad was Liberal.

I can't seem to find any conservative (in practice) republicans either. Politicians are all the same, both sides mostly selling out to business anyway.

The democrat party of 2014 more resembles a party the Bavarian press was writing about with considerable sarcasm back in the 1930's. It was a magnet for degenerates, homosexual pedophiles, homosexual pederasts, queer thugs, criminals of every stripe, Jew-haters and race-baiters of rabid enthusiasm, and all other manner of societal reptile. Its leader was a queer who entertained the very sickest fetishes. That shouldn't surprise anyone should it...I mean the analogy?
More rewrite of history. I should have clarified that they've rewritten "World History". They teach that anything that's ever been bad was Liberal.

Those hundred and fifty million murdered corpses liberals, "progressives," have left in their wake, a "rewrite"?

Those hundred and fifty million murdered corpses liberals, "progressives," have left in their wake, a "rewrite"?
Yep -

Arg!!

First of all, conservative democrat is an oxy-moron. The democrat Party and platform has, since 1917, perhaps 1913, been progressive liberalism, not conservative. We are reaping their destruction now. We can discuss.

But yes, both political parties have moved left. The Republican's are now statists, and the Dems are now radical ideologues. The only stake in the ground for the American people is the Tea Party, which both sides besmirch out of fear of losing the size and scope of their centralized power. And the media supports the statists, of course.

As far as your "big tent" is concerned, what a joke. You think the intolerant Left would tolerate a big tent?

Let's debate.....

Forum List

Back