Conservative David Brooks refers to Donald Trump as a "morale pygmy".

R

rdean

Meet the Press - July 31, 2016

David Brooks, I just want to get your reaction. Let's start with the Khizr Khan.

DAVID BROOKS:

You know, I've been on this program a lot, I've been frequently disturbed by what Donald Trump has said, but I've never felt as nauseated as I was as when I saw his comments about Mrs. Khan. Disgust doesn't begin to cover the range of emotions. I felt and I think a lot of people have felt that it stems from a lack of empathy, a lack of respect, a lack of basic decency. And I wonder what this morale pygmy on top of a ticket what's doing to the country and what will do as President. And I have to say, when I see Paul Manafort on the program issuing a regret, it didn't strike me as an emotion, it just struck me as a word.

DORIS KEARNS GOODWIN:

You know what, Alex? I do think this is a moment that will be remembered. I think it's almost a moment like using your word "decency," when Joe Welsh said to Joe McCarthy, "Have you no decency?" Somehow, you have a powerful story told by a man and the candidate somehow is able to look at the wife and say, "Why didn't she say anything? Was she told not to say anything?" I had a son in combat almost the same time as this young soldier was killed. I don't know what I'd be able to do if he had been lost and I'm standing there behind his picture. How you can assume that that kind of temperamental quality is going to be able to understand other people's points of view-- I think he stood as a symbol of pride for Muslim-Americans.

I've always predicted "a bridge too far" when he said that John McCain wasn't a hero, I thought that was it. So maybe everything's topsy turvy this year, but I agree with David. Elections are topsy turvy, this is going to make a difference.

-----------------------------

And look at what Trump said about John McCain. Remember, there were many US POW's in Germany and Asia during WWII. If an American running for president suggested that only heroes are the ones that didn't get captured, he might have gotten tomato face cream.

giphy.gif

Trump goes after the PC police and now you are upset?

The only way to beat you fuckers is take it to your level

Yeah....he's no conservative.

But not according to New York Times faux-conservative David Brooks. The same man who said that Barack Obama would be a tremendous president because of how he creased his pants now says that Hillary is a woman who has “dedicated herself to public service. From advocate for children to senator, she has pursued her vocation tirelessly.” Forget that she laughed over working to exonerate a child rapist, or her endless corruption, or her ceaseless ambition. She’s wonderful, says Brooks!

NYT Faux-Conservative David Brooks Gushes Over Hillary: 'Warm and Caring'

Conservative? Yet he called Sarah Palin a cancer?
David Brooks: A Martian Watching the Conventions Would Say Dems More Patriotic, Conservative
David Brooks: Clinton Can Make You "Warm And Fuzzy" When You Hear Her
David Brooks: A Pseudo-Conservative Exposes Himself (Again

www.forbes.comdavid-brooks-a-pseudo...

Dec 23, 2013 · If his December 16 New York Times column, “Strengthen the Presidency,” is any indication, faux-conservative David Brooks has been hitting the …

I am roflmbo!!

Meet the Press - July 31, 2016

David Brooks, I just want to get your reaction. Let's start with the Khizr Khan.

DAVID BROOKS:

You know, I've been on this program a lot, I've been frequently disturbed by what Donald Trump has said, but I've never felt as nauseated as I was as when I saw his comments about Mrs. Khan. Disgust doesn't begin to cover the range of emotions. I felt and I think a lot of people have felt that it stems from a lack of empathy, a lack of respect, a lack of basic decency. And I wonder what this morale pygmy on top of a ticket what's doing to the country and what will do as President. And I have to say, when I see Paul Manafort on the program issuing a regret, it didn't strike me as an emotion, it just struck me as a word.

DORIS KEARNS GOODWIN:

You know what, Alex? I do think this is a moment that will be remembered. I think it's almost a moment like using your word "decency," when Joe Welsh said to Joe McCarthy, "Have you no decency?" Somehow, you have a powerful story told by a man and the candidate somehow is able to look at the wife and say, "Why didn't she say anything? Was she told not to say anything?" I had a son in combat almost the same time as this young soldier was killed. I don't know what I'd be able to do if he had been lost and I'm standing there behind his picture. How you can assume that that kind of temperamental quality is going to be able to understand other people's points of view-- I think he stood as a symbol of pride for Muslim-Americans.

I've always predicted "a bridge too far" when he said that John McCain wasn't a hero, I thought that was it. So maybe everything's topsy turvy this year, but I agree with David. Elections are topsy turvy, this is going to make a difference.

-----------------------------

And look at what Trump said about John McCain. Remember, there were many US POW's in Germany and Asia during WWII. If an American running for president suggested that only heroes are the ones that didn't get captured, he might have gotten tomato face cream.

giphy.gif
See my sig and understand why I refer to you as an intellectual pygmy.

Trump goes after the PC police and now you are upset?

The only way to beat you fuckers is take it to your level
Republicans us "PC" as a shield to protect their racism and ignorance. It's their very own "get out of jail" free card.

Hating gays is OK because it's not PC.

Calling Obama boy, uppity and tar baby is OK because it's not PC.

Saying no flat chested woman could be a 10 is OK because it's not PC.

Calling Mexicans rapist is OK because it's not PC.

Yea, not "PC" is a good thing.

Forum List

Back