Conservative blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama Children

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Conservative Free Republic blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama children

"A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative 'Free Republic' blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds."

Though this may sound like the sort of thing one might read on an Aryan Nation or white power website, they actually appeared on what is commonly considered one of the prime online locations for U.S. Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing - and for a short time, the comments seemed to have the okay of site administrators

"The writer has a point," wrote site owner Jim Thompson sarcastically. "We should steer clear of Obama's children. They can't help it if their old man is an American-hating Marxist pig."

Such was the onslaught of derision on the site that the person who originally complained about the slurs, a Kristin N., claims only one comment in the first hundred posted actually criticized the remarks as inappropriate.

Hmm :eusa_think:

Not a huge surprise from the same party that made regular jokes about Chelsea Clinton? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
what seems to be the problem? Double standard much? liberal blogs demean white people every day.. hypocrite..have you seen the names they call Palin?? We mock your faux outrage! mock mock mock

Conservative Free Republic blog in free speech flap after racial slurs directed at Obama children

"A typical street whore." "A bunch of ghetto thugs." "Ghetto street trash." "Wonder when she will get her first abortion."

These are a small selection of some of the racially-charged comments posted to the conservative 'Free Republic' blog Thursday, aimed at U.S. President Barack Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia after she was photographed wearing a t-shirt with a peace sign on the front.

The thread was accompanied by a photo of Michelle Obama speaking to Malia that featured the caption, "To entertain her daughter, Michelle Obama loves to make monkey sounds."

Though this may sound like the sort of thing one might read on an Aryan Nation or white power website, they actually appeared on what is commonly considered one of the prime online locations for U.S. Conservative grassroots political discussion and organizing - and for a short time, the comments seemed to have the okay of site administrators

"The writer has a point," wrote site owner Jim Thompson sarcastically. "We should steer clear of Obama's children. They can't help it if their old man is an American-hating Marxist pig."

Such was the onslaught of derision on the site that the person who originally complained about the slurs, a Kristin N., claims only one comment in the first hundred posted actually criticized the remarks as inappropriate.

Hmm :eusa_think:

Not a huge surprise from the same party that made regular jokes about Chelsea Clinton? :eusa_eh:

Double standard much?

what seems to be the problem? Double standard much? liberal blogs demean white people every day.. hypocrite..have you seen the names they call Palin?? We mock your faux outrage! mock mock mock

Except that they don't mock her because she's white. They mock her because she's a fucking idiot. :razz:

Except that they don't mock her because she's white. They mock her because she's a fucking idiot. :razz:

bullshit,, all we've hear since this election was about white people, go check out the race forum, and quit defending your stupidity and nasty behavior.

one thing I have noticed QUITE a lot lately from conservatives...not just on this board but in general is that since Obama took office many and I do mean MANY turn a blind eye to the extreme racism put forth towards the Obama's in general and claim that "well you guys trashed Bush for 8 years and slammed Palin so its only deserving we can do the same to OBAMA".......come on...wrong is wrong no matter what side of the aisle its from and as the saying goes two wrongs do NOT make a right:(

one thing I have noticed QUITE a lot lately from conservatives...not just on this board but in general is that since Obama took office many and I do mean MANY turn a blind eye to the extreme racism put forth towards the Obama's in general and claim that "well you guys trashed Bush for 8 years and slammed Palin so its only deserving we can do the same to OBAMA".......come on...wrong is wrong no matter what side of the aisle its from and as the saying goes two wrongs do NOT make a right:(

One thing I've notices QUITE a lot for a LONG time is the double standard set forth by democwats,,, extreme reverse racism justified by you.. now,, we cannot play the game both ways,, either you are for racism or you are against it.. which is it?

bullshit,, all we've hear since this election was about white people, go check out the race forum, and quit defending your stupidity and nasty behavior.

Public figures are fair game for nasty remarks, but personal attacks are for assholes.
Welcome to my ignore list.

One thing I've notices QUITE a lot for a LONG time is the double standard set forth by democwats,,, extreme reverse racism justified by you.. now,, we cannot play the game both ways,, either you are for racism or you are against it.. which is it?

I an against ALL forms of racism but you can not deny the abundance of vitral hate coming from the right towards the Obamas justified by you all as payback for the 8 years of Bush trashing and dogging of Palin...all of which I can honestly say I NEVER took part in. Wrong is wrong no matter who it comes from...I cant stand Palin and never liked Bush but never took part in ANY hate speech of ANY kind towards either of them.

The people saying these things are assholes and there are assholes on all sides of the political spectrum. Families should be off limits, period. Bullshit that 'they're in the limelight therefore, anything is fair game'. Just because one side does it does not make it ok for the other side to do it. You all should grow a pair.

The people saying these things are assholes and there are assholes on all sides of the political spectrum. Families should be off limits, period. Bullshit that 'they're in the limelight therefore, anything is fair game'. Just because one side does it does not make it ok for the other side to do it. You all should grow a pair.

agreed....but sadly it is the way of most conservatives these days to claim their juvenile...disgusting hate filled behavior is payback for Bush Bashing...I was critical of Bush but even more critical of those that dogged him in a downright mean way. To say that things being said now about the Obamas is nothing compared to what was said of Bush is not only beyond hypocritical and assinine, it defies mature logic! Two wrongs never make a right and all this is doing is fueling the fire inside the unstable far right radical mind to do wrong to this country and dare I say justify serious wrongs that have been or will be commited.

Please show some class. Palin is not a fucking idiot. She is simply a Republican politician.

I an against ALL forms of racism but you can not deny the abundance of vitral hate coming from the right towards the Obamas justified by you all as payback for the 8 years of Bush trashing and dogging of Palin...all of which I can honestly say I NEVER took part in. Wrong is wrong no matter who it comes from...I cant stand Palin and never liked Bush but never took part in ANY hate speech of ANY kind towards either of them.

You are a rare breed of liberal demcwat then.. for the hate for Palin permeates this board.

New Topics

Forum List

Back