Conservatism

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Is about observing the speed limit and keeping your front lawn tidy.

It isnt about imposing bogus religious values on the rest of society.

'religion' is not 'faith' , in fact the two are almost mutually exclusive in that one tries to bottle,package and sell the other.

There is also nothing conservative about religion ,other than it's predatory predilection of those less than endowed with grey matter swayed into believing the fabric of society is dependent on their blind patronization

Further, and of possibly greater gravity, nothing was ever solved by conservatism , because those that sign onto it are usually scared rabbits at heart . America's FF"s were radicals. Our entire history of conflict, either foreign or domestic , was mitigated by whatever right or left factions.

All the great moments in history ,along with all the great leaders who took on all the big issues through the course of human history were usually shackled by those conservative nay sayers afraid to take the leap , insisting a value system handed down from celestial sources they can't explain be maintained.

~S~

No. Conservatism is creating a budget that meets but does not exceed the needs of a nation. Conservatism is bringing down our unsustainable debt. Conservatism is keeping families safe and vetting foreigners who come into this country. Above all, it follows our constitution that you liberals find intolerable.

Liberalism...

Is about making up laws as you go along then ignoring them and throwing your garbage on your neighbors lawn to clean up.

It's about imposing bogus dictates and ruling over everybody else.

So what's your your point Tyrant?

So in your world the only people who value some form of religion are conservatives. Got it. And I can't wait to tell a few of my Catholic friends who are Democrats they've either got to give up the Church or leave the dark side and join us enlightened conservatives.

The point I am making is that true conservatism is being dragged through the mud by right wing lunatics. I think I am a conservative on many issues but the right has lurched so far right that you all consider me a liberal.

Nothing wrong with conservatism, as I define it.Cut your grass, pay your bills and be a good neighbour. World is a better place.

The point I am making is that true conservatism is being dragged through the mud by right wing lunatics. I think I am a conservative on many issues but the right has lurched so far right that you all consider me a liberal.

Nothing wrong with conservatism, as I define it.Cut your grass, pay your bills and be a good neighbour. World is a better place.
Your observation is an ocean away. Living only what you are told to believe.

I'd say I'm more liberal than conservative, except when it comes to fraud waste and abuse of the Treasury.

I know many conservatives. Those you insist are right wing lunatics.

Tommy, you are not even remotely conservative. Those like you have lurched so far left you fail to accept anything right of Marxism.

The conservatives I know just want to be left alone and to raise their families according to their values. Like those of other political leanings.

I do not fault them. Nor do I question nor insult their religious beliefs. Most of those I know who are deeply religious are Democrats in my neck of the woods. Never realized there were churches in Progressive Maryland, did you?

You think conservatives only want to just cut their grass, pay bills and pretend to be a good neighbor?

Life isn't limited to your desire to corral people and define what they should be doing or who they should be.

The world would be a better place if those like you stopped telling the rest of us who we should be, what we should be doing and how to live our lives or what we should think. Not everyone is like you nor wants to be like you.

You Marxists can't get your own house in order.

You'd be a good neighbor if you stayed out of everyones business.

Last edited:

But you don't get to define it; for anyone but yourself

As you define conservatism defines you as a complete idiot.

Nope, its a good definition that covers the vast mass of conservatives. People like me.

Nope, its a good definition that covers the vast mass of conservatives. People like me.
Well don't look now but you're lawn needs serious attention.

Mrs Tainant is in charge of the gardens.

And you in charge of posting crap like this? Your last thread had a proper answer, does this one?

And you in charge of posting crap like this? Your last thread had a proper answer, does this one?
Well you could just agree with me. It would indicate that you have intelligence.

Well you could just agree with me. It would indicate that you have intelligence.

I have nothing to do with grouping anyone anywhere. There are good conservative things and there are bad. Your post, like your one on color, is divisive. We need unity.

As someone who sincerely loves listening to all views, period, I have no idea what conservatism is or stands for anymore as much as I don't know what liberalism is and stands for. Contemporarily at least. And I actually thank this election for that, it's bringing out the oddest maneuvers and positions in people who are supporting whichever candidate. Just as a minor example on the Trump side, I'd always heard Republicans and conservatives of all stripes defending the hell out of Bush in the 2000s and shunning people like Alex Jones because he was of the thought that Bush and the government orchestrated 9/11. Conservatives (not just the so-called "neo-cons") also defended Bush's invasion of Iraq. With Trump, all that has pretty much gone out the window and I find them to be and sound a bit more on the conspiratorial end now. With Clinton, you have a lot of these liberals who demanded transparency and were highly against war and intervention, now sort of defending those certain traits that are not common for the Democratic party, all to help out Hillary. I'm just all sorts of confused in general. I mean I never thought of Trump as a true conservative and when someone like Glenn Beck defied him, he lost listeners, even though that should come as no surprise to anyone who has listened to him since '08, or even 2012. On the left, people are pissed off at Mike Malloy for supporting Hillary, since he's been a strong, defiant and vehement progressive. I don't know. It's all confusing now. I don't know where people stand anymore, in terms of core ideals

Ah , i think i see now.

Defining 'conservative' in today's political arena , where the goal posts have been moved....

1) One who espouses a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change.

2) One who believes in less government being better government.

3) One who believes in such "outmoded" ideas as civil liberties (freedom of speech, separation of church and state, right to keep and bear arms, that kind of thing)

4) One for whom the Republican Party no longer truly speaks.

5) a word that today's so-called "conservatives" don't know the definition of.

~S~[/url]

Forum List

Back