“Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals.”

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Regarding your George Carlin quote, in order for a statement like that to be funny, there has to be an element of truth to it.

“Today’s so-called ‘conservatives’ don’t even know what the word means. They think I’ve turned liberal because I believe a woman has a right to an abortion. That’s a decision that’s up to the pregnant woman, not up to the pope or some do-gooders or the Religious Right. It’s not a conservative issue at all.”
~Barry Goldwater

Guess Barry’s a ‘RINO.’

Mark Twain said that and there's more little gems at this link -

45 Quotes To Use When Describing Conservatives And Republicans To Your Friends -

Enjoy finding your favorite.

Here's mine:

“Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It’s because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time.”
~George Carlin
:lol:

I see you found another site for idiots.

45 Quotes To Use When Describing Conservatives And Republicans To Your Friends -

Here's mine:

“Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It’s because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time.”
~George Carlin

Possibly you had Obamunism in mind....

Conservatism is based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

Here's mine:

~George Carlin

I see you found another site for idiots.

that's his life

blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals

it's funny how these accusations from the left always seem to describe themselves more than it does those who they try to attack.

Liberals, completely bereft of logic, are over-emotional and full of fear. Fear of not being able to take care of themselves. Fear of having to take responsibility for their own actions. Fear of a contrary opinion.

Libs can also be described as being ignorant or "blind", as they always ignore facts, usually the most relevant ones.

it's funny how these accusations from the left always seem to describe themselves more than it does those who they try to attack.

Liberals, completely bereft of logic, are over-emotional and full of fear. Fear of not being able to take care of themselves. Fear of having to take responsibility for their own actions. Fear of a contrary opinion.

Libs can also be described as being ignorant or "blind", as they always ignore facts, usually the most relevant ones.

Interesting take. I think the right wingers can only "see" the facts that they "make up".

Which is better you think; making shit up or ignoring things?

Interesting take. I think the right wingers can only "see" the facts that they "make up".

Liberals do both.

Doesn't matter what the issue is, they have to be selective on which facts they use. Then they just make shit up to fill in the rest.

Take the Zimmerman case that libs are obessed with, their version of the account is usually summed up as "a racist white man that killed a young black kid walking home".
The "racist" and "white" are totally made up, and they cherry pick the fact that he did kill a black "kid", but refuse to acknowlege at one point the "kid" was on top of Zimmerman trying to crack open his skull agaisnt the pavement. That very relevant little fact changes it from "murder" to "justifiable homicide" to those of us who like to factor in all the facts.

Here's mine:

~George Carlin

I have read all the peals of wisdom in your article, some of which - sadly - I must agree with, some of which is nothing more than fallacious vomit from useless Democrats, some of which are the definition of hypocrisy, such as the mental and physical cripple of the ages, FDR, yakking - I find the comment by George Carlin the most offensive, because, based on my own personal experience, it is the biggest lie.

From 1993 until 2003 I devoted two weeks of my vacation time to volunteer work, mostly with Habitat for Humanity, and after 2003 when I retired, even more. I met hundreds of people from the States, Canada, Europe and elsewhere, and lots of times when the work for the day was done we chatted about things, including politics.

Progressives will, undoubtedly discard this as anecdotal, but I can safely and honestly say that in all those years, during all those evening pow-wows the people I met with Democratic inclinations, I could count on my two thumbs.

George Carlin maybe a genius comic, but I bet he never spent a single minute of his life doing volunteer work. Kind of like Jimmy Carter who usually showed up for a couple swings of a hammer someone let him for the photo op.

Here's mine:

~George Carlin

mark twain wrote books about lazy underachievers floating down a river. not someone i'd rely on for a political perspective

Here's mine:

~George Carlin

I have read all the peals of wisdom in your article, some of which - sadly - I must agree with, some of which is nothing more than fallacious vomit from useless Democrats, some of which are the definition of hypocrisy, such as the mental and physical cripple of the ages, FDR, yakking - I find the comment by George Carlin the most offensive, because, based on my own personal experience, it is the biggest lie.

From 1993 until 2003 I devoted two weeks of my vacation time to volunteer work, mostly with Habitat for Humanity, and after 2003 when I retired, even more. I met hundreds of people from the States, Canada, Europe and elsewhere, and lots of times when the work for the day was done we chatted about things, including politics.

Progressives will, undoubtedly discard this as anecdotal, but I can safely and honestly say that in all those years, during all those evening pow-wows the people I met with Democratic inclinations, I could count on my two thumbs.

George Carlin maybe a genius comic, but I bet he never spent a single minute of his life doing volunteer work. Kind of like Jimmy Carter who usually showed up for a couple swings of a hammer someone let him for the photo op.

Guess you can't count.

I did work for Habitat for Humanity. As did many of my "Liberal" friends.

I've also done work for the Red Cross, God's Love We Deliver, New York Cares and many other charities.

I generally don't see many conservatives there. Unless of course it was a management type looking for a photo op.

Here's mine:

~George Carlin

mark twain wrote books about lazy underachievers floating down a river. not someone i'd rely on for a political perspective

He did a story about the NYPD?

When???

Here's mine:

Guess you can't count.

I've also done work for the Red Cross, God's Love We Deliver, New York Cares and many other charities.

I generally don't see many conservatives there. Unless of course it was a management type looking for a photo op.

I guess we both have the tendency to see what we want to see, but while I give you the benefit of doubt, you, in typical liberal fashion accuse me of not being able to count.

Strange that you never doubted my experience of seeing Jimmy Carter showing up for a couple swings of a borrowed hammer for the photo op, but accuse conservative "management types" for posing for a photo op. Sorry, that is the permanent purview of the ultimate useless free-loader, Jimmy Carter.

Where and when did you do volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity? We may have crossed each other's path not even knowing.

Liberals, completely bereft of logic, are over-emotional and full of fear. Fear of not being able to take care of themselves. Fear of having to take responsibility for their own actions. Fear of a contrary opinion.'t like?

Making shit up like the quotes in the OP? Or are you just talking about making up things you don't like?

Here's mine:

~George Carlin

Not to mention that, if Twain really said that, it would have been a criticism of the people who were fighting to end slavery, not the people of modern America who Luddly wants to bash.

Here's mine:

Guess you can't count.

You should look around more.

Forum List

Back