Consequences

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, May 20, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I've always liked that word:

http://victorhanson.com/articles/hanson051906.html

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Seems to me that the author has the emphasis reversed. Given that the BUsh administration squandered every last bit of the good-will towards America after 9-11 in his pursuit of a war of choice based on sexed-up and manufactured intel. The estblishment of the prison in GITMO and secret prisons elsewhere, where US treaty obligations and federal laws regarding the treatment of prisoners may be conveniently ignored. The gutting of the Constitution justified by the 'war on terrorism' and the domestic spying program which it spawned. THe failure to secure our own ports and borders. The failure to nuclear and cheimical facilities. The general disregard shown the American people by the utter failure of the Bush Administration to prepare for natural disasters. The abandonment of fiscal sanity as evidenced by the burgeoning federal deficits, where much of the debt is held by nations which might not have America's best intersts at heart...like China.

All of these have very real consequences and are the result of a corrupt and venal administration more interested in expanding the personal fortunes of its members than of serving the people who elected them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Bully, Stop acting as though you had any good will toward the President in the first place. You guys have been attacking him since he won in 2000. and he did win in 2000 despite your sides attempts to cheat. I thought maybe something would change after 911. Unfortunately you guys were playing the same exact game less than a week later.

Do you want to know why the rest of the world has no good will towards us? its because we have people like you in our own country badmouthing us to the rest of the world despite every good thing we do.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I wish I could rep you again!

:clap:

5. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001

Thanks Avatar for expressing exactly what I wanted to say to this clown. I am amazed at the lack of coherent thought everytime I read his posts.

It has to be tough living in a country you hate so much Bull-pull-it. I can't believe you are still repeating the lies about Katrina....wait a minute, yes I can believe it. You are like the rest of the America haters on DU, you misinterpret the simplist statements, lie repeatedly, act ignorant to the facts no matter how well documented. Why don't you just get the hell out and take the rest of your kind with you, I'm sure Hugo would gladly take you in.

Kathianne, once again you have found an author that states the truth in such an incredibly well thought out way....DAMN THAT WAS GOOD.....Thank you. A virtual rep to you lady since I have to spread it around before I can actually give you a real one.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :thanks:

7. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    How can you draw the conclusion that BP hates America? Is criticism of the Bush Administration tantamount to hating America? Is it? I'm interested to know the answer.

8. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001

I have been reading his Bullshit long enough to come to that conclusion "mate". And that idiot line that all of you clowns parrot about criticizing the Bush Administration is kind of a joke since most of Bush's biggest supporters have been doing a very heavy dose of criticizing of numerous things this administration has done lately.

What do you care anyway, your on the other side of the globe and have plenty of problems in your own country. I just watched "Little Fish" last night and it seems that Heroin is quite popular there. Yea I know, it's just a movie, but then again that is how most of the rest of the world judges the United States isn't it?

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    Maybe if decisions made in this country didn't affect his part of the world he wouldn't care.

10. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Prickly! Simple question not answered. Never mind, of itself that's an answer. If you feel like actually addressing it it could be interesting.

"Little Fish" - haven't seen it. From what I've read about it it's a pretty accurate portrayal of a suburb of Sydney called Cabramatta which has a big heroin problem and of course a big crime problem associated with heroin. Huge social problem there.

Now stop being so bloody defensive. No-one's criticising the United States, just your government's various policies. I try to refrain from commenting on purely domestic issues (eg immigration) not because I'm not interested (I am) but because on a purely domestic policy I think it's a bit cheeky for someone not living there to chip in with a view - just my own view. But when it comes to commenting on policies that affect the rest of the world (that's the big bit outside the US) I feel free to do so and I will do so. Get used to it, there's more coming.

So, mate, if you feel the need to criticise my country then feel free to do so. I may agree with you, I may disagree with you, but I won't bounce you for doing so.