Consequences of personhood amendments

Or maybe they are priming themselves to get ready for a time when Roe V. Wade can be overturned, and the issue gets sent back to the legislatures, both state and Federal.

Planned Parenthood v. Casey is the current case law, not Roe v. Wade, and the cases addressed privacy rights, ‘abortion’ being peripheral. The issue can’t be returned to the legislatures, as that would be a violation of 14th Amendment equal protection doctrine.

Roe V. Wade is based on implied rights, not specific ones. Given a struturalist enough court it can be overturned.

Griswold/Roe/Casey is predicated on substantive due process as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment:

"Substantive Due Process" is the fundamental constitutional legal theory upon which the Griswold/Roe/Casey privacy right is based. The doctrine of Substantive Due Process holds that the Due Process Clause not only requires "due process," that is, basic procedural rights, but that it also protects basic substantive rights. "Substantive" rights are those general rights that reserve to the individual the power to possess or to do certain things, despite the government’s desire to the contrary.

DUE PROCESS -
The right to privacy is neither 'implied' nor 'made-up.'

Or maybe they are priming themselves to get ready for a time when Roe V. Wade can be overturned, and the issue gets sent back to the legislatures, both state and Federal.

Planned Parenthood v. Casey is the current case law, not Roe v. Wade, and the cases addressed privacy rights, ‘abortion’ being peripheral. The issue can’t be returned to the legislatures, as that would be a violation of 14th Amendment equal protection doctrine.

Roe V. Wade is based on implied rights, not specific ones. Given a struturalist enough court it can be overturned.

Griswold/Roe/Casey is predicated on substantive due process as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment:

"Substantive Due Process" is the fundamental constitutional legal theory upon which the Griswold/Roe/Casey privacy right is based. The doctrine of Substantive Due Process holds that the Due Process Clause not only requires "due process," that is, basic procedural rights, but that it also protects basic substantive rights. "Substantive" rights are those general rights that reserve to the individual the power to possess or to do certain things, despite the government’s desire to the contrary.

DUE PROCESS -
The right to privacy is neither 'implied' nor 'made-up.'

To you, maybe. I don't see it written in the consitution as something the federal government, or state governments for that matter, cannot regulate or ban based on due legislative process.

Where does it say "abortions shall not be banned by the federal or state governments"?

There would be a funeral for every miscarried fetus. So many burial plots would be taken up with embryos there would be no room for actual people. But the funeral homes would make a fortune.

You do know that a lot of people already have funerals for miscarriages, don't you? That some psychiatrist actually advise it for their patients?

There would be a funeral for every miscarried fetus. So many burial plots would be taken up with embryos there would be no room for actual people. But the funeral homes would make a fortune.

You do know that a lot of people already have funerals for miscarriages, don't you? That some psychiatrist actually advise it for their patients?

They don't have a burial plot though. If they did, they shouldn't be allowed to. Its a waste of space.

They don't have a burial plot though. If they did, they shouldn't be allowed to. Its a waste of space.

Just to prove how stupid you are.

New Zealand
completion - burial options

ireland
The Miscarriage Association of Ireland

two countries that have a lot less space than us, and neither of them have a problem with burying miscarried children.

For the record, burying anyone is a waste of space. I don't complain about it though, I have compassion.

New Zealand

ireland

two countries that have a lot less space than us, and neither of them have a problem with burying miscarried children.

For the record, burying anyone is a waste of space. I don't complain about it though, I have compassion.

I am not stupid, and I resent you calling me such.

Bah... I didn't read the whole thread... Maybe I will tomorrow.

But I think it's a good idea to define personhood.

New Zealand

ireland

Resent away, it won't make you less stupid. You did try to argue that no miscarried baby is allowed to be buried in a plot after all.

New Zealand

ireland

Resent away, it won't make you less stupid. You did try to argue that no miscarried baby is allowed to be buried in a plot after all.

I said they shouldn't be allowed to. I never said they couldn't. Learn to read, dickhead.

I said they shouldn't be allowed to. I never said they couldn't. Learn to read, dickhead.

Lying on top of being stupid.

I don't live in New Zealand so that law doesn't apply to me.

Where do you live? Do you want me to show you the nearest cemetery that offers plots for miscarriages?

I will state this with full confidence, every country in the world allows people to bury a miscarried baby. In fact, it is actually illegal in most countries to simply toss a child into the trash when you are done with them.

I have to apologize to the stupid people of the world for associating them with you. My guess is that you are the only person on the entire planet that thinks it should be illegal that parents can bury a miscarried child. You are so far beyond stupid they haven't invented a word to describe it.

Actually I think all in-vetro would be illegal.

We'd have to create some sort of law that limits the number of times a woman can miscarry before she's liable under the law.

In vitro would be perfectly legal....If and only if every embryo divided, every embryo was implanted and everyone survived.:lol:

reckless endangerment at least...

Where do you live? Do you want me to show you the nearest cemetery that offers plots for miscarriages?

I will state this with full confidence, every country in the world allows people to bury a miscarried baby. In fact, it is actually illegal in most countries to simply toss a child into the trash when you are done with them.

I have to apologize to the stupid people of the world for associating them with you. My guess is that you are the only person on the entire planet that thinks it should be illegal that parents can bury a miscarried child. You are so far beyond stupid they haven't invented a word to describe it.

Holding a funeral is okay, because it helps the family come to terms with their loss. Also naming the child can help with the healing process. But I do not believe there should be burial plots for miscarried babies. Babies that were stillborn, yes, but embryos expelled at six weeks? Heck no.

Holding a funeral is okay, because it helps the family come to terms with their loss. Also naming the child can help with the healing process. But I do not believe there should be burial plots for miscarried babies. Babies that were stillborn, yes, but embryos expelled at six weeks? Heck no.

Your beliefs are irrelevant to the universe, and all sane human beings. Get over it.

Forum List

Back