Consequences of cutting Public Worker benefits.

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Retards never look past their nose for consequences, because they lack the ability to think logically, and always rely on their common sense, jesus, or some other crutch to justufy their actions. Here are some of those costly consequences from WSJ that will end up costing the taxpayers more, not less, for screwing with public employee benefits,

Public employees are retiring at a quickening pace around the U.S., providing a mixed blessing for state and local governments seeking to save money.

In Wisconsin, where lawmakers voted in mid-March to end workers' collective bargaining for future employment contracts, 3,362 people have applied to retire this year, a 73% jump from last year. And 10,975 people since the beginning of the year have taken the first step toward retirement—flooding the Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds with requests for estimates of their potential benefits. That's up 134%.

A teacher for 35 years who earns in the high 50s, Ms Herricks can now retire and collect nearly her former salary. "Retirement was supposed to be something happy. I'm so sad."

Given that pensions are off-limits to certain taxes, Mr. Herricks says they will bring home close to what they did before. They also plan to substitute teach.

The moves are motivating many public employees to retire sooner than expected, as public employees take the opposite approach of many workers who have put off retirement to recoup personal wealth lost during the recession.

In New Jersey, four big pension funds saw a record 20,327 retirements in 2010 versus 12,720 the year before amid the prospect of less-generous benefits.

In California, Guy Harris recently retired at 50 years old because he feared he would otherwise lose benefits he says he has counted on since joining the state transportation department 27 years ago as a civil engineer.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they change the rules and say you can't retire before 55," he says. "I didn't want to get stuck."

He was earning about $9,000 per month and will collect about a third of that as a retiree. Plus, he has been hired back as a consultant, and is working on his own walnut farm.

Public Workers Rush for Retirement - WSJ.com

WSJ also points out that states are expecting less qualified employees that will be working with the public and might affect communitys.

Good, get them out of the way so we can hire new folks to take their jobs at a lower pay level. Lower pensions and lower overall cost. They will probably work better too. I found it amusing that when there was a major storm here the government was told to keep "non-essential" workers home. They were so non-essential no one knew they weren't there.

Seems to me if you can not show up for work and there is zero effect (in one case the service was faster and better with the staff on hand) then maybe you ought naught be employed at that locale.

There are too many government workers doing the same jobs. Get rid of the waste.

Retards never look past their nose for consequences, because they lack the ability to think logically, and always rely on their common sense, jesus, or some other crutch to justufy their actions. Here are some of those costly consequences from WSJ that will end up costing the taxpayers more, not less, for screwing with public employee benefits,

Public employees are retiring at a quickening pace around the U.S., providing a mixed blessing for state and local governments seeking to save money...

Wow you're right, we are stupid. Of course we have to pay ridiculous retirement benefits to lifetime bureaucrats, so we have to keep paying them to work so they don't retire. This site is so educational...

It's not "retardation", exactly. It's more a feeling of helplessness..which translates into a "Quisling" like syndrome..or identification with those that are victimizing you. In essense you "become" them..and strike out at people at your same level..

That's why they can't see the danger of one person in a company making 20 million dollars while that same company cuts benefits and employees. These people are "Corporate Quislings".

Public employees are retiring at a quickening pace around the U.S., providing a mixed blessing for state and local governments seeking to save money.

In Wisconsin, where lawmakers voted in mid-March to end workers' collective bargaining for future employment contracts, 3,362 people have applied to retire this year, a 73% jump from last year. And 10,975 people since the beginning of the year have taken the first step toward retirement—flooding the Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds with requests for estimates of their potential benefits. That's up 134%.

A teacher for 35 years who earns in the high 50s, Ms Herricks can now retire and collect nearly her former salary. "Retirement was supposed to be something happy. I'm so sad."

Given that pensions are off-limits to certain taxes, Mr. Herricks says they will bring home close to what they did before. They also plan to substitute teach.

The moves are motivating many public employees to retire sooner than expected, as public employees take the opposite approach of many workers who have put off retirement to recoup personal wealth lost during the recession.

In New Jersey, four big pension funds saw a record 20,327 retirements in 2010 versus 12,720 the year before amid the prospect of less-generous benefits.

In California, Guy Harris recently retired at 50 years old because he feared he would otherwise lose benefits he says he has counted on since joining the state transportation department 27 years ago as a civil engineer.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they change the rules and say you can't retire before 55," he says. "I didn't want to get stuck."

He was earning about $9,000 per month and will collect about a third of that as a retiree. Plus, he has been hired back as a consultant, and is working on his own walnut farm.

Public Workers Rush for Retirement - WSJ.com

WSJ also points out that states are expecting less qualified employees that will be working with the public and might affect communitys.

The status quo is unsustainable, a concept moonbats will never understand.......

It's not "retardation", exactly. It's more a feeling of helplessness..which translates into a "Quisling" like syndrome..or identification with those that are victimizing you. In essense you "become" them..and strike out at people at your same level..

That's why they can't see the danger of one person in a company making 20 million dollars while that same company cuts benefits and employees. These people are "Corporate Quislings".

Ummm, maybe. Of course if it is a good CEO they are worth the 20 million. If theysuck as a CEO they should be fired without a Golden Parachute. On the other hand, too many here have been on the recieving end of the "public servant" turned petty tyrant reality of dealing with public sector employees.

Here in Nevada where I have to deal with government workers on a fairly regular basis I see the gamut from the merely incompetent (the majority) to the tyrannical (a small percentage but they wreak great havoc and earn their fellow workers nothing but enmity) and of course the good average worker who can do a basic job but is incapable of doing the type of work that would get a promotion in the private sector (the useable minority) and finally, every now and then you find a gem, one who is competent, friendly, who really wants to help people. They are so rare that they need to be discovered early and nourished so that they will hopefully flourish. Of course most of them get disgusted with their fellow employees so migrate over to the private sector where they earn less money but generally like the work better.

They are of course a very, very small percentage. Less than 1% in my experience.

Fewer public workers standing around scratching their butts... How will America cope???

Well they will be "scratching their butts" on the unemployment lines..while the people left pick up the slack.

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.
Less buses and trains running.

And rich folks get to keep more of their money while their companies move offshore, or fail while the taxpayer picks up the tab.

Mission accomplished.

:clap2:

Fewer public workers standing around scratching their butts... How will America cope???

Well they will be "scratching their butts" on the unemployment lines..while the people left pick up the slack.

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.

And rich folks get to keep more of their money while their companies move offshore, or fail while the taxpayer picks up the tab.

Mission accomplished.

Nope. Government will have to become more efficient and operate like a private company. (Or better yet, outsource jobs to private companies.) Now maybe government employees won't get injured by standing too close to the exit when 4:30 p.m. rolls around.

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.

Mission accomplished.

Nope. Government will have to become more efficient and operate like a private company. (Or better yet, outsource jobs to private companies.) Now maybe government employees won't get injured by standing too close to the exit when 4:30 p.m. rolls around.

That's ridiculous. Private companies are in it for profit. That's it. That's why we need laws and regulations regarding how they conduct business. Greed has no ethics. Left up to Private companies we'd have dangerous food, underaged and overworked employees working in unsafe conditions, pollution up the wazzoo, monopolies and dangerous products.

They are not about keeping people alive. That's a big part of the reason we have government. Imperfect as it is..

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.

Mission accomplished.

That's ridiculous. Private companies are in it for profit. That's it. That's why we need laws and regulations regarding how they conduct business. Greed has no ethics. Left up to Private companies we'd have dangerous food, underaged and overworked employees working in unsafe conditions, pollution up the wazzoo, monopolies and dangerous products.

They are not about keeping people alive. That's a big part of the reason we have government. Imperfect as it is..

Tell that to the non-profit hospital that saved my life. Government is too bloated and it has no incentive to become more efficient because they are not using their own money. They have zero respect for money because they don't make it. They may earn it...some of them, but they don't create wealth so they have no clue how difficult it is to make a company thrive. No private company could survive for more than 4 months if they did what government does.

Ummm, maybe. Of course if it is a good CEO they are worth the 20 million. If theysuck as a CEO they should be fired without a Golden Parachute. On the other hand, too many here have been on the recieving end of the "public servant" turned petty tyrant reality of dealing with public sector employees.

Here in Nevada where I have to deal with government workers on a fairly regular basis I see the gamut from the merely incompetent (the majority) to the tyrannical (a small percentage but they wreak great havoc and earn their fellow workers nothing but enmity) and of course the good average worker who can do a basic job but is incapable of doing the type of work that would get a promotion in the private sector (the useable minority) and finally, every now and then you find a gem, one who is competent, friendly, who really wants to help people. They are so rare that they need to be discovered early and nourished so that they will hopefully flourish. Of course most of them get disgusted with their fellow employees so migrate over to the private sector where they earn less money but generally like the work better.

They are of course a very, very small percentage. Less than 1% in my experience.

Hire 20 public employees over 65 years with 20 million or one CEO over a year for 20 million. I think the 20 public employees are paid more efficiently. The CEO of the Tennessee Valley Authority only gets paid 3.25 million. His pay has increased over the years so I guess the public sector must be increasing efficiency by consolidating pay at the top and rising rates.

So..

More kids in classrooms.
More firehouse closures.
More crime.
Dirtier streets.

Mission accomplished.

Forgive me. I thought we were talking about human beings. You must be talking about some highly-advanced extraterrestrial life form.

Tell that to the non-profit hospital that saved my life. Government is too bloated and it has no incentive to become more efficient because they are not using their own money. They have zero respect for money because they don't make it. They may earn it...some of them, but they don't create wealth so they have no clue how difficult it is to make a company thrive. No private company could survive for more than 4 months if they did what government does.

This makes no sense. Non-profit that saved your life?

And our government has plenty of checks and balances to make sure they are spending money efficiently. Like I pointed out..it isn't perfect..but it's far better then most governments in the world that I've seen. And a well run, government with little or no corruption creates an enviroment where people can generate wealth. So yeah..government is responsible for wealth generation. And we've had "Private Corporate" type people running government..mostly they fail at it. One big example of this was George W. Bush. Of course..he failed in the private sector as well.

And our government has plenty of checks and balances to make sure they are spending money efficiently. Like I pointed out..it isn't perfect..but it's far better then most governments in the world that I've seen. And a well run, government with little or no corruption creates an enviroment where people can generate wealth. So yeah..government is responsible for wealth generation. And we've had "Private Corporate" type people running government..mostly they fail at it. One big example of this was George W. Bush. Of course..he failed in the private sector as well.

You said, and I quote, "private companies are in it for profit". I guess in your six figure income world it never occured to you that most hospitals are private companies and many are not for profit ones to boot.

You said, and I quote, "private companies are in it for profit". I guess in your six figure income world it never occured to you that most hospitals are private companies and many are not for profit ones to boot.

Again..what sort of "Non-profit" are you talking about?

Generally I've found, and this is through my work with "Non-Profits" like the Red Cross, they recieve government subsidies or tax break/exemptions. So what are you talking about?

I'm sure if it was up to you and the rest of your kind you would make sure that Steve Jobs over at Apple would only be "allowed" to get paid maybe a million a year. The rest of the money that he should have gotten would go to those poor 99ers who by their own admission
will only begin to look for work when the benefits ran out.I friggin love the left who want to decide what is done with other peoples money .:(

Forum List

Back