Connections--who cares

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
With all due respect to the painstaking efforts that so many have made, why do we even care if ANY of the Radical Islamic Terrorists are connected to Al Quaeda, Hussein, or Gunga Din ? Ya ya, I know--it was given as one of the reasons for invading Iraq so both sides feel the need to debate the fine points ad infinitum yet the RITs blast away and we quickly ask the most important issue here. Were they AQ ? Were they conected to Hussein? Were they connected to a second cousin twice removed who belonged to a group that ever heard of either one of them?

I'll settle for anyone that fits the blame game evidence because I no longer care WHO started it all. The historians can duke that out all they like. All I know for sure is that certain muslims want to kill western civilizations and are have begun by killing and terrorizing people who won't do as they say. They will even kill the friends of those who will not submit.

I'd love to hear more realistic ideas of how to stop it than spending massive amounts of brain power trying to figure out whose fault it is. It's absurd and maybe the result of our inabilty to do so so far.
Finding the culprit stops nothing. I would confess to everything if it was that easy.

dilloduck said:
With all due respect to the painstaking efforts that so many have made, why do we even care if ANY of the Radical Islamic Terrorists are connected to Al Quaeda, Hussein, or Gunga Din ? Ya ya, I know--it was given as one of the reasons for invading Iraq so both sides feel the need to debate the fine points ad infinitum yet the RITs blast away and we quickly ask the most important issue here. Were they AQ ? Were they conected to Hussein? Were they connected to a second cousin twice removed who belonged to a group that ever heard of either one of them?

I'll settle for anyone that fits the blame game evidence because I no longer care WHO started it all. The historians can duke that out all they like. All I know for sure is that certain muslims want to kill western civilizations and are have begun by killing and terrorizing people who won't do as they say. They will even kill the friends of those who will not submit.

I'd love to hear more realistic ideas of how to stop it than spending massive amounts of brain power trying to figure out whose fault it is. It's absurd and maybe the result of our inabilty to do so so far.
Finding the culprit stops nothing. I would confess to everything if it was that easy.

Ahhh answered my own question----if we can connect everything to Al Qaeda, all we have to do is kill a few leaders and the war will be over ! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back