Connecticut mountain lion flattened By SUV

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
The news that a mountain lion spotted roaming through western Connecticut last month hadn’t been an escaped pet, as experts first believed, but in fact had been a wild animal that wandered here all the way from the Black Hills of South Dakota, would have been much more thrilling if the hapless creature hadn’t been flattened by an SUV on the Wilbur Cross Highway in Milford June 11.

I suppose it would have been equally ignominious if the cougar had been hunted and shot after devouring somebody’s beloved Lhasa Apso — either way it was a sad end, and I wished I could have seen the critter while it was still standing (from a safe distance, of course).

Turns out the 140-pound cat, estimated to have been 2-5 years old, probably was done in by an all-too-familiar temptation — a long, lonely search for a mate, said Daniel C. Esty, commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.

In other words, he was looking for love in all the wrong places
TheDay.com Connecticut's Mountain Lion: Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places Southeastern Connecticut News, Sports, Weather and Video The Day newspaper

Last edited:

Forum List

Back