Connecticut killings reopen debate on forcibly committing the mentally ill

No problem. Competent 3rd party evaluation and testimony should be permissible for an involuntary lock up for a specified time. If the evaluation comes back tough, then mandatory 6-month to 5-years stays until the next evaluation.

You are fascist to the bone, Fakey. That kind of violates the 5th Amendment and the due process clause, don't you think?

who decides what is rational comrade Noomi ?

I think the parent or guardian can make that choice.

Sorry, but I wouldn't want either of my parents deciding if I'm rational. They're both a couple of loony tunes. Furthermore, people often have ulterior motives. That's why we have things like due process and trial by jury in this country.

Due Process of Law and the 5th, if the law is crafted to meet their needs, impose no impediments from protecting the mentally ill and others from the actions of the former.

To suggest that such is "fascism" reveals a juvenile understanding of basic terminology.

No problem. Competent 3rd party evaluation and testimony should be permissible for an involuntary lock up for a specified time. If the evaluation comes back tough, then mandatory 6-month to 5-years stays until the next evaluation.

You are fascist to the bone, Fakey. That kind of violates the 5th Amendment and the due process clause, don't you think?

Also..I just want to say...

It's stupid to pick on the mentally ill... it could be a drug addict, a drunken person. somebody in a bad mood, somebody who is feeling aggressive ..etc...etc...

It could apply to anybody because there is a certain acceptability of violence in the culture.

Blaming the mentally ill is just a populist cop out!

In any case, if you include a lot of common symptoms such as depression ... most people are mentally ill at some stage in their lives.

Sometimes you can't tell who is actually mentally ill, or have some other illness that makes them go whacko! My husband had an overactive thyroid years ago...it would make him violent, the least little thing would set him off. There was almost a divorce, i was actually scared of him, until we found out about his thyroid. He would go through what's called a "thyroid storm" and the Dr explained there was no way for him to stop it. So his problem was medical, not mental. And at that time i could actually see him doing something horrible to someone (including me!). Once it was taken care of, he's just fine.

This always made me wonder how many people don't know they have a problem like this and get no medical help....people just think they're mean and crazy!!

Due Process of Law and the 5th, if the law is crafted to meet their needs, impose no impediments from protecting the mentally ill and others from the actions of the former.

To suggest that such is "fascism" reveals a juvenile understanding of basic terminology.

There's no due process when a couple of offspring or your parents can have you committed for years on their testimony alone and without any kind of trial.

You're a boot licking fascist government toady, Fakey.

Constitution and case law defeats your whining in this matter, bripat. You would have given such if that was not the case.

The time will come again when the mentally ill can be properly cared for in mental institutions.

There's no due process when a couple of offspring or your parents can have you committed for years on their testimony alone and without any kind of trial.

You're a boot licking fascist government toady, Fakey.

Each state should have a taxpayer supported mental hospital where family and friends can drop off someone for evaluation for 30-60 days before they are either released or kept for treatment. The Feds could help support these special hospitals for the public safety and security.

Some people don't get mental treatment because they don't have health insurance, this would ensure people can get admitted and either treated or locked up for their mental problems before they shoot up a school, mall, church, etc.

Oh your frends can 'drop you off' too? Only place my friends would end up is bouncing down the front steps with s hearty hi ho get the fuck out.

Keep telling yourself that as you are medicated and forced into restraint clothing.

Oh your frends can 'drop you off' too? Only place my friends would end up is bouncing down the front steps with s hearty hi ho get the fuck out.

Huh? Here's a clue for you: Committing people without a jury trial is a violation of the Fifth Amendment. Furthermore, a person who is mentally ill hasn't committed any crimes.

That's exactly what it is, Fakey.

Show me the law that says people cannot be committed to a mental institution without a jury trial. Show me that law cannot be crafted to protect from themselves and to protect others.

It can be done and will be done.

And you have not the slightest idea of what is "fascism" much less "libertarianism.

Yours is the age-old desire to do whatever you want regardless of its effect on others.

Huh? Here's a clue for you: Committing people without a jury trial is a violation of the Fifth Amendment. Furthermore, a person who is mentally ill hasn't committed any crimes.

That's exactly what it is, Fakey.

Show me the law that says people cannot be committed to a mental institution without a jury trial. Show me that law cannot be crafted to protect from themselves and to protect others.

That's very easy to do, Fakey. Try reading the 5th and 14th Amendments. The Fifth says your rights can't be revoked without a trial by jury, and the 14th says you're entitled to "due process of the laws."

It can be done and will be done.

Well, that wouldn't surprise me, but only because this country is full of bootlicking fascists like you.

And you have not the slightest idea of what is "fascism" much less "libertarianism.

Sure I do, Fakey. Wanting to lock everyone who doesn't behave the way you want them to is definitely part of it.

Yours is the age-old desire to do whatever you want regardless of its effect on others.

So long as you don't violate anyone else's rights, that is called "freedom."

I realize you're opposed to it, Fakey, but try not to be so obvious about it.

Since you were unable to provide any corroboration and objective evidence otherwise, incarceration for the mentally insane is a fact and not prohibited by the 4th and 5th Amendment.

And bripat does not the slightest idea of what is "fascism" much less "libertarianism.

bripat does not know what is the definition of "freedom".

The guy at Sandy Point was mentally ill but there are loads of killers out there who have no mental problems at all.

They are greedy and as sane as you or I. They are killers and would think nothing of killing folks to get what they want.

Unfortunately you can't lock them all up. Just have to hope they come up against someone with a bigger gun and who can shoot straight.

Since you were unable to provide any corroboration and objective evidence otherwise, incarceration for the mentally insane is a fact and not prohibited by the 4th and 5th Amendment.

really? where does either amendment say "except for the mentally insane?" are you claiming the insane don't have rights?

And bripat does not the slightest idea of what is "fascism" much less "libertarianism.

Of course I do. You're a fascist, Fakey.

bripat does not know what is the definition of "freedom".

Fakey believes it means the government can lock you up and throw away the key without a trial.

bripat continues to babble on and on and on. :lol:

I see you're giving up and running away like a scared little puppy.

wise decision, Fakey. You never look smart claiming it's OK for the government to lock people up and throw away the key when they haven't done anything to anyone. You just look like a despicable fucking A-hole.

The guy at Sandy Point was mentally ill but there are loads of killers out there who have no mental problems at all.

They are greedy and as sane as you or I. They are killers and would think nothing of killing folks to get what they want.

Unfortunately you can't lock them all up. Just have to hope they come up against someone with a bigger gun and who can shoot straight.

You have it part right.

Most mass shooters are perfectly sane when they commit the crime. Then, when they are holed up in a jail cell and realise they might spend the rest of their lives behind bars, they suddenly 'become' mentally ill. They get a lawyer to support their bullshit, a shrink to testify that the killer is suffering from an illness, and an idiotic jury to believe it.

Since bripat was unable to provide any corroboration and objective evidence otherwise, incarceration for the mentally insane is a fact and not prohibited by the 4th and 5th Amendment.

Where are the facts, bripat?

bripat continues to babble on and on and on. :lol:

I see you're giving up and running away like a scared little puppy.

wise decision, Fakey. You never look smart claiming it's OK for the government to lock people up and throw away the key when they haven't done anything to anyone. You just look like a despicable fucking A-hole.

Forum List

Back