Connecticut GOP Blasts Non-Citizen Voting Proposal as 'Publicity Stunt

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The chairman of the Connecticut Republican Party is dismayed by a mayor's plan to ask state legislators to allow illegal immigrants who live in New Haven to vote in municipal elections, characterizing the proposal as a "publicity stunt."
Connecticut Republican Party Chairman Jerry Labriola told FoxNews.com that while the organization believes in "inclusiveness," citizenship has long been a standard requirement for voting rights.
"In fact, the right to vote in free elections is still an issue that people in many other countries continue to fight and die for," Labriola said. "We support legal immigration and reasonable measures to provide a path to citizenship, but we don't support providing rewards for illegal immigration."

Read more: Connecticut GOP Blasts Non-Citizen Voting Proposal As 'Publicity Stunt' | Fox News

See? TruthDon'tMeanShit? You cannot bullshit the troops.

many states.. blue and red.. already allow non citizens to vote in local elections.......

citizenship has never been a "long been a standard requirement for voting rights".....

this is futher proof that republicans are morons that have no understanding of history or law.......

labriola is an inbred moron who is a good representation of the rest of republicans.......

many states.. blue and red.. already allow non citizens to vote in local elections.......

citizenship has never been a "long been a standard requirement for voting rights".....

this is futher proof that republicans are morons that have no understanding of history or law.......

From your Wiki link
Non-citizen voting has been extinct since Arkansas became the last state to ban it in 1926

From your Wiki link
Non-citizen voting has been extinct since Arkansas became the last state to ban it in 1926

lol....I laugh at the morons who post links without reading through them to ensure they support the point they are making.

Now if legal aliens are property owners in a community allowing them to vote in local elections would be reasonable because they pay taxes and have a stake in the community but they are here legally.

But by the same token illegals have the same interests but there is one fact that separates them. They broke the law and are in continuing violation of the law and therefore forfeit any right to have a say in how the community is ran or how their taxes are spent. If they want a say become a citizen or immigrate legally.

From your Wiki link

thats for federal elections, you moron........

From your Wiki link

Still from your link:

In 1931, political scientist Leon Aylsworth noted: "For the first time in over a hundred years, a national election was held in 1928 in which no alien in any state had the right to cast a vote for a candidate for any office -- national, state, or local."[11]
Only U.S. citizens have the right to vote in federal elections, and it is a federal crime for a non-citizen to vote in a federal election or to register to vote in one.[12] "Non-citizen voting has been extinct since Arkansas became the last state to ban it in 1926."[13][14]
Right of foreigners to vote in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your Wiki link

Whereas I see how you can make that mistake.....if you review all of the data....you will see what the artricle is saying is that for federal elections, it was illegal since day one....but for local and state elections, Arkansas was the last state to ban it back in 1926.

I suggest you retract your referring to ZZZZ as a moron. For you are the one looking like a moron.

From your Wiki link

Whereas I see how you can make that mistake.....if you review all of the data....you will see what the artricle is saying is that for federal elections, it was illegal since day one....but for local and state elections, Arkansas was the last state to ban it back in 1926.

I suggest you retract your referring to ZZZZ as a moron. For you are the one looking like a moron.

you are absolutely right......

i misread that and embarrassed myself not only in this thread but in the other thread where i posted it as well......

i stand completely corrected.......

Forum List

Back