Connecticut abolishes the death penalty

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
:clap2:(CNN) -- Connecticut's governor says he will sign a bill abolishing the death penalty, making it the 17th state to abandon capital punishment.
On Wednesday night, lawmakers in Connecticut's House of Representatives passed the bill by a vote of 86-63. The state Senate approved it last week.
"I'm pleased the House passed the bill, and when it gets to my desk I will sign it," said Gov. Dannel Malloy, a Democrat. "When I sign this bill, Connecticut will join 16 other states and almost every other industrialized nation in moving toward what I believe is better public policy."
<more>
Connecticut lawmakers vote to repeal death penalty - CNN.com

The Death Penalty isn't only about perceived "justice".
It's about revenge and compense. And I've come to believe that we should be alloted our revenge.
Kill the killers. Exact revenge and placate the memory of the dead.
Sate the thirst of the bequiled.

California spends $185,000,0000. a year to keep the death penalty. Is it worth it?

Good on Connecticut for joining the 20th Century,

Good on Connecticut for joining the 20th Century,

And why is that? Because it's the "touchy-feely" thing to do?

Put to death those who have brought death upon you.

The 20th Century is all about accomodating killers?

Kill or be killing faster sins correct the flow

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2o0Fq1eZTY]Yes - The Gates Of Delirium Live 1975 - A Celebration 2DVD set - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2:(CNN) -- Connecticut's governor says he will sign a bill abolishing the death penalty, making it the 17th state to abandon capital punishment.
On Wednesday night, lawmakers in Connecticut's House of Representatives passed the bill by a vote of 86-63. The state Senate approved it last week.
"I'm pleased the House passed the bill, and when it gets to my desk I will sign it," said Gov. Dannel Malloy, a Democrat. "When I sign this bill, Connecticut will join 16 other states and almost every other industrialized nation in moving toward what I believe is better public policy."
<more>
Connecticut lawmakers vote to repeal death penalty - CNN.com

The next step is for states to look at the rate of wrongful convictions by over zealous SA or what may be outright malicious prosecution. Prosecutors should not be able to skirt lawsuits based on immunity.

They should be held liable if they cause or participate in or do not immediately rectify a situation where someone is illegally arrested, falsely imprisoned and prosecuted wrongfully and maliciously.
There are many instances of this taking place and a big reason why states are now repealing the death penalty.

http://wrongfulconvictionsblog.org/

Last edited:
Will it spare those poor souls Joshua Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes from the justice they received for raping and murdering Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11?

Maybe we can set those misunderstood lads free when the Democrats come to town?

Conservatives struggle to name one thing any government does well. They are beyond skepticism but true believers in the incompetence of government.

Except when it comes time to throw the switch on someone. Then, and only then do Conservatives believe that the state is infallible. In spite of case loads showing biased prosecutors, DNA evidence, evidence never disclosed to defense attorneys, judges fast asleep during oral arguments and on and on.

The death penalty does not provide justice, it provides vengeance. And, as the state is a feeble and inept institution, should they have the power of life and death?

So William Petit just buries his raped and murdered wife and daughters while Komisarjevsky and Hayes keep grabbing three square meals a day?

Will it spare those poor souls Joshua Komisarjevsky and Steven Hayes from the justice they received for raping and murdering Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11?

The OP calls for life without parole.

The OP calls for life without parole.

Which is probably a fate worse than death.

Conservatives struggle to name one thing any government does well. They are beyond skepticism but true believers in the incompetence of government.

Except when it comes time to throw the switch on someone. Then, and only then do Conservatives believe that the state is infallible. In spite of case loads showing biased prosecutors, DNA evidence, evidence never disclosed to defense attorneys, judges fast asleep during oral arguments and on and on.

The death penalty does not provide justice, it provides vengeance. And, as the state is a feeble and inept institution, should they have the power of life and death?

No it should be up to the victims' families. If we were allowed to take matters into our own hands, like as not most of the assholes who murdere would never see the inside of a prison.

It makes me think of one my favorite movies "El Dorado" with John Wayne. Mississipi (James Caan) search for 2 years for the pieces of crap who shot the old man who raised him. He finally found them and then the last one in the tavern. The guy admitted killing him and he told him to stand up. When he drew Mississippi threw the knife at him. Killed him. He was not arrested. That was the end of it. But no, today excuses are made for murderers, we mustn' kill the little darlings, heavens no. What we SHOULD do then is make THEM kill themselves. they were so all fired anxious to kill somebody, they can kill themselves. I have no sympathy for a murderer, none at all. And child killers don't fare well in prison, so the job is usually taken care of.

Wesley Allen Dodd who raped and killed 2 little boys here in Washington was a slimey little piece of shit -- anyway he was smart enough to know what his fate would be in prison and he BEGGED to be put to death, BEGGED for it. he got his wish. Good riddance.

No it should be up to the victims' families. If we were allowed to take matters into our own hands, like as not most of the assholes who murdere would never see the inside of a prison.

It makes me think of one my favorite movies "El Dorado" with John Wayne. Mississipi (James Caan) search for 2 years for the pieces of crap who shot the old man who raised him. He finally found them and then the last one in the tavern. The guy admitted killing him and he told him to stand up. When he drew Mississippi threw the knife at him. Killed him. He was not arrested. That was the end of it. But no, today excuses are made for murderers, we mustn' kill the little darlings, heavens no. What we SHOULD do then is make THEM kill themselves. they were so all fired anxious to kill somebody, they can kill themselves. I have no sympathy for a murderer, none at all. And child killers don't fare well in prison, so the job is usually taken care of.

Wesley Allen Dodd who raped and killed 2 little boys here in Washington was a slimey little piece of shit -- anyway he was smart enough to know what his fate would be in prison and he BEGGED to be put to death, BEGGED for it. he got his wish. Good riddance.
Leaving such matters up to the victim's families isn't justice. It's vengeance. I would rather rely on a system of jurisprudence than raw revenge. We are a society of laws. Would you throw that away in exchange for blood lust?

Sometimes you gotta kill. A motha fucka just has to die for you to prove that you won't stand for the crime to be committed. It's not about vengeance it's about prevention. :)

Forum List

Back