Congresswoman Bachmann Questions Geitner About Constitution

And her "You Da man" to M Steele was a real gut buster

I missed that. Like I said, a train wreck. She's hyped up about this worldwide currency thing that nobody in our government has suggested right now. Nobody even really knows what she's talking about, least of all her.

Nobody except the Treasury Secretary who refused to rule it out when initially questioned about it. :cuckoo:

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Doogie went as far as he needed to. He correctly identified that the Congress gave him the authority to do what he's doing. It is the Congress that has acted in an extra-Constitutional manner by granting the authority to do it in the first place.

Now, that said, if a "Constitutionalist" government had been in power, they would have not used the unconstitutional powers granted it by the Congress. But, the current government couldn't care less what the Constitution says or if their actions are supported by it.

:cuckoo:
it amazes me how stupid Bachmann is ... here gietner was answering her an she kept asking the same question over an over ... geitner had this look of is she getting understanding the answer ??? how many times to I have to answer her repetitive question ..

Are you not educated enough to know that he wasn't answering the question? She was asking him under what provision of the Constitution was he acting. (You know the federal government must act only in accordance with a power enumerated in the Constitution) and he was basically saying, "Well, the Congress gave me authority." You do understand that this Congress did not write the Constitution, right?

Now, that said, she was just exploiting li'l Timmy's ignorance of the Constitution. He should have answered that the Constitution empowers the executive and its departments to carry into execution the laws properly made my Congress and signed into law by the president and that is his authority. Bachmann was taking out her frustration on Li'l Timmy because her real foe was the Banking Queen himself Chairman Frank. Since he will never testify about why he created unconstitutional laws (HERE'S WHERE THE LACK OF AUTHORITY LIES), she had to make her point on Li'l Timmy's head.

it amazes me how stupid Bachmann is ... here gietner was answering her an she kept asking the same question over an over ... geitner had this look of is she getting understanding the answer ??? how many times to I have to answer her repetitive question ..

I agree. Bachmann is not only a member of the party of No, she goes further making it a party of dumb. The constitution and law are living documents that need to fit the times we live in not some imaginary past that never was.

http://www.acslaw.org/files/Barry Friedman Vanderbilt Paper 6-2007.pdf

AllBizFROM925 said:
The constitution and law are living documents that need to fit the times we live in not some imaginary past that never was.

Let's see...."the times" requires that you surrender 95% of your paycheck...."the times" requires that you turn in your cars for one two-seater "smartie" car for your family...."the times" requires that you donate 25 hours of your free time after work per week as "voluteers" for Obama's "civic duty" army he says "the times" requires.....y'all up for that? If so, there are a lot more things that "the times" will require of you....

....you libs are like dumb sheep heading for the slaughterhouse...

Sorry if you have already seen this but this is important for people to know that the US Constitution is no longer relevant...

Geitner doesn't even know what's in the Constitution yet he has pledged to defend it...LOL

YouTube - Congresswoman Questions Geithner on Constitution

After Bushes regime you are all of a sudden concerned about the constitution?

ROFL... Isn't it cool how this thread bear implication NEVER seems to be found in the company of an actual argument which would show that Bush violated the Constitution or even as much as a valid example of where Bush did so...

Now I'm not sayin' that he didn't... maybe he did... but we've no way to know if we relied on these knotheads.

Imo, the GOP needs to keep Bachman front and center as the face of the Republican party.

Along with Rush, Hannity and Steele who has recently shown his own delusions of grandeur regarding his position in the uber powerful RNC. :lol:

You know, as much as I disagree with Rush and company, at least they are coherent. Bachman is a train wreck on par with Sarah Palin. I think I remember she was actually excited about McCain picking Palin.

Really? I didn't have any problem at ALL understanding Bachman...

Nor did I have any understanding the Sec. of the Treasury or the Fed Chairman who were throughly incapable of giving the Congresswoman an answer to her question.

The Constitution is clear... CONGRESS writes the checks... Not the Secretary of the Treasury, NOT the Federal Reserve... Congress. Why? Because it's SLOW... Because it's a committee and when its WORKING... a mixed bag of nuts where each one is fighting the next and nothing gets spent.

There's nothing constitutional about giving the Fed and Executive, the power to side step the legislature.

Of course they'll argue that it was an emergency... when it was nothing close to an emergency.

Imo, the GOP needs to keep Bachman front and center as the face of the Republican party.

Along with Rush, Hannity and Steele who has recently shown his own delusions of grandeur regarding his position in the uber powerful RNC. :lol:

You know, as much as I disagree with Rush and company, at least they are coherent. Bachman is a train wreck on par with Sarah Palin. I think I remember she was actually excited about McCain picking Palin.

You're right, I used to listen to Rush the first 3 years or so that he was on the air. I thought he was entertaining.

At this point, he takes himself way too seriously.

You're right, I used to listen to Rush the first 3 years or so that he was on the air. I thought he was entertaining.

At this point, he takes himself way too seriously.

I heard a little bit of Rush today. He's not as coherent as I remember him, but maybe I just caught him in a bad moment. He was saying that 10% of the country receives food stamps. But he wasn't saying they were lazy, at least not most of them. He was talking about a culture of helplessness. I understand that argument about the effects of welfare in general, but to not acknowledge the the growing disparity between the wealthy and the average American, and the drop in effective spending power for the average American worker which has occurred in recent years which is eroding the middle class just seems irresponsible. Didn't he used to be more populist rather than a cheerleader for the wealthy?

$3.10 for an automatic knife with free shipping, now thats cheap how about the
buck 110 auto? Do they still make that thing here in the states? I think they were being converted into autos out west. Nice
knife, these guys also have a copy of a Buck 110 auto.

:razz::razz::razz:

You are an idiot. This thread is about Michelle Bachmann.

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Doogie went as far as he needed to. He correctly identified that the Congress gave him the authority to do what he's doing. It is the Congress that has acted in an extra-Constitutional manner by granting the authority to do it in the first place.

Now, that said, if a "Constitutionalist" government had been in power, they would have not used the unconstitutional powers granted it by the Congress. But, the current government couldn't care less what the Constitution says or if their actions are supported by it.

I cannot imagine that President Obama would ever claim that the Constitution was "just a peice of paper".

Forum List

Back