Congressmen Confirm That Boehner Will Either Resign Speakership Or Be Forced Out

So where is the resignation that was suppose to happen last night? Guess he's being forced out today huh? Or maybe the OP was just total crap by partisans?

Seems to be total crap as you suggest. Yesterday morning Peter King (New York - Republican) was tearing Boehner a new one for yanking the Sandy relief bill off the House calendar at the very last minute Tuesday night. Few hours later he was affirming that he intended to vote for Boehner.

So I don't see any storm clouds for Boehner other than the fact that he was stupid enough to yank that bill off the calendar at the last minute seems to indicate that he is cracking under the strain.

The Boehner is making promises to NJ & NY in exchange for votes.

Maybe - or maybe he realized what an idiotic move he had made.
At any rate, I believe this move weakened him within his own party but the Republicans he jerked around on the Sandy bill are probably the type to forgive and forget if he makes amends.

The radical right know no such words as forgive and forget (or good government - but that's a whole different thing). We'll see when the speaker vote happens exactly how strong the radical right has become within the GOP.

the problem with Republicans like Boehner is that they try to play the game by the Left's rules....they fail to realize that the Left has no rules.....so they wind up 'compromising' against themselves....while the Left furthers its agenda....

BO did a total flip-flop on the Bush tax cuts (except for 'the rich').....and the lemming liberals now congratulate themselves on what was originally a Republican position...:cuckoo:

Really? Who supports it? I don't. It was part of the compromise. It means everybody either likes it a little or hates it a little.

"Libs" are pointing out that it is not a "hike" because it was a cut that is expiring...as it was meant to. (Much like the Bush tax cuts)

We still don't support letting the holiday expire yet, but we are having fun watching you bitch about something the GOP pushed for.

wake up....

BO has been 'championing" the middle class big time......in his effort to 'tax the rich'.....this means he has been FOR extending the Bush Tax Cuts....a long-time Republican stance...

of course all his 'championing' is really a lie....because he is taxing the middle class in many other ways....including the letting the 'tax holiday' expire on the payroll taxes....lots of people including dumbfounded liberals will feel the pain in their paychecks this month...

I can't imagine what the Democrats would have done if Bush had allowed relief funds to be on hold for 60 days or longer...

Good riddance to the DC CRYBABY.. Can't happen soon enough!

We need some one with balls. Too bad Hillary is sick and not a Republican Congresswoman.:D

I was thinking that very same thing last night.. What a bunch of pansy crybabies Repiblicans are.. They can't stand up NOT EVEN ONCE for their so called core principles.. Democrats NEVER wave the white flag.. NOT EVER and surrender is written all over the cowards on the right. Im so over it.

Good riddance to the DC CRYBABY.. Can't happen soon enough!

We need some one with balls. Too bad Hillary is sick and not a Republican Congresswoman.:D

I was thinking that very same thing last night.. What a bunch of pansy crybabies Repiblicans are.. They can't stand up NOT EVEN ONCE for their so called core principles.. Democrats NEVER wave the white flag.. NOT EVER and surrender is written all over the cowards on the right. Im so over it.

I totally agree. One thing Dems do is stick together. That I'll give them credit for..even here.

How many instances here have we both witnessed where a Conservative is getting lambasted from all sides and our fellow conservatives sit there with their typing fingers up their asses while 5 or so Libs attack?

When one goes after a Lib here, five or more libs chime in.

So there is something to it. Gotta give them credit for that much.

Congressmen Confirm That Boehner Will Either Resign Speakership Or Be Forced Out
Cybercast News Service.com ^ | 1/2/13 | Ron Meyer

Congressmen Confirm That Boehner Will Either Resign Speakership Or Be Forced Out | CNS News
I have confirmed with a group of Congressmen that House Speaker John Boehner will not be reelected Speaker tomorrow.

He will either resign or be forced out tomorrow.

Only 17 members are needed to block Speaker Boehner's election tomorrow. A Speaker needs an absolute majority of all votes cast for a specific person.

If no one has a majority, the House is speakerless. I've confirmed these rules with the House Parliamentarian.

Boener sliced his throat passing this cliff deal. Good bye!

No Congressmen were named. Odd.

So where is the resignation that was suppose to happen last night? Guess he's being forced out today huh? Or maybe the OP was just total crap by partisans?

Seems to be total crap as you suggest. Yesterday morning Peter King (New York - Republican) was tearing Boehner a new one for yanking the Sandy relief bill off the House calendar at the very last minute Tuesday night. Few hours later he was affirming that he intended to vote for Boehner.

So I don't see any storm clouds for Boehner other than the fact that he was stupid enough to yank that bill off the calendar at the last minute seems to indicate that he is cracking under the strain.
Yet another faux republican, sniveling about where his federal bailout is.

Nope...Not a dime's worth of difference.

I totally agree. One thing Dems do is stick together. That I'll give them credit for..even here.

How many instances here have we both witnessed where a Conservative is getting lambasted from all sides and our fellow conservatives sit there with their typing fingers up their asses while 5 or so Libs attack?

When one goes after a Lib here, five or more libs chime in.

So there is something to it. Gotta give them credit for that much.

Seen that go both ways. And if you're a middle of the roader - you get it from BOTH sides.

But I don't recall Democrats being asked to sign pledges to vote along with the party.

It's not going to happen.

And if it did, it would cripple the Republican Party for years.

I agree it's not going to happen, but not sure why you think it would cripple them. I think it's a good thing. Boehner has been terribly weak.

So "Real" Republicans don't ask for federal disaster assistance?

Cybercast News Service.com ^ | 1/2/13 | Ron Meyer

Congressmen Confirm That Boehner Will Either Resign Speakership Or Be Forced Out | CNS News
I have confirmed with a group of Congressmen that House Speaker John Boehner will not be reelected Speaker tomorrow.

He will either resign or be forced out tomorrow.

Only 17 members are needed to block Speaker Boehner's election tomorrow. A Speaker needs an absolute majority of all votes cast for a specific person.

If no one has a majority, the House is speakerless. I've confirmed these rules with the House Parliamentarian.

Boener sliced his throat passing this cliff deal. Good bye!

That remains to be seen. That said, Boehner is a spineless prick who caves into obama faster than a souffle in a machine shop. Someone with a set of balls needs to be Speaker.

If no one has a majority, the House is speakerless. I've confirmed these rules with the House Parliamentarian. Boener sliced his throat passing this cliff deal. Good bye!
I'm not fooled by Boner, he knew exactly what he was doing. What's more, the Republicans knew it all along and want to use him as a Whipping Boy to placate ignorant "Fans" of the Republican Party.

I saw some dumb assed Republican Representative on TV yesterday claiming that she was forced to vote a "Reluctant Yes".

"Oh I didn't want to, but I HAD to!"

No you didn't Bitch! :mad:

Last edited:

Same thing I said.. He and Christie make me sick acting as though that money is GUARANTEED THEIRS... 60 BILLION DOLLARS and most of it isn't even for emergency spending.. only 9 billion is needed for the emergency Sandy bill.. IT'S SUCH BS

Is there some Sandy relief in this list?

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.
The Pork Filled and Expensive Non-Relief Sandy Relief Bill - Katie Pavlich

Is there some Sandy relief in this list?

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.
The Pork Filled and Expensive Non-Relief Sandy Relief Bill - Katie Pavlich

The Senate Added $400 million in extras to their bill. (Stupid move) The House bill that Boehner yanked off the House calendar at the last minute Tuesday night did not include these items.

You need to get outside of the echo chamber every now and then.

ohhh Oddball .....

You didn't answer my question. Is it your contention that "real" Republicans don't ask for federal disaster relief?

Same thing I said.. He and Christie make me sick acting as though that money is GUARANTEED THEIRS... 60 BILLION DOLLARS and most of it isn't even for emergency spending.. only 9 billion is needed for the emergency Sandy bill.. IT'S SUCH BS

As you know I live in NJ. Christie is a blowhard RINO. I actually liked the guy when he first ran. He's proven that he's his own biggest fan. Remember his convention speech...all about HIMSELF.

Now he's setting the stage for his 2016 run (which will go nowhere) by putting on his latest act. He needs a hug. Is oBUMa around?

The biggest mistake was giving Obama 2 years of unlimited spending before facing the "Fiscal Cliff"

Nobody who has ever done a workout would have given a bum owner such lenient terms. Ideally, you remove the bad owner and replace him with someone who knows what the fuck they're doing, but that aside., the House should have made Obama report to them every 6 months on how they were making out cutting spending, eliminating programs and departments in exchange for an increase in the debt ceiling. You don't hand a bad owner your checkbook for 2 years.

The biggest mistake was giving Obama 2 years of unlimited spending before facing the "Fiscal Cliff"

Nobody who has ever done a workout would have given a bum owner such lenient terms. Ideally, you remove the bad owner and replace him with someone who knows what the fuck they're doing, but that aside., the House should have made Obama report to them every 6 months on how they were making out cutting spending, eliminating programs and departments in exchange for an increase in the debt ceiling. You don't hand a bad owner your checkbook for 2 years.

I thought the House had to authorize spending????

Forum List

Back