Congressman show us who they're working for: Foreign Pharmaceutical Corporations

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Is it treason to change legislation to promote foreign interests over that of your constituency? I think so, but hey, what do I know?

From the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/us/politics/15health.html?bl

WASHINGTON — In the official record of the historic House debate on overhauling health care, the speeches of many lawmakers echo with similarities. Often, that was no accident.

Statements by more than a dozen lawmakers were ghostwritten, in whole or in part, by Washington lobbyists working for Genentech, one of the world’s largest biotechnology companies.

E-mail messages obtained by The New York Times show that the lobbyists drafted one statement for Democrats and another for Republicans.

The lobbyists, employed by Genentech and by two Washington law firms, were remarkably successful in getting the statements printed in the Congressional Record under the names of different members of Congress

Rules of fair use require that you link to copyrighted material and prohibit posting of entire articles.

~Dude

• Banned
Of course, no-one really cares about this kind of thing unless there is some partisan mudslinging involved. LOL.

Of course, no-one really cares about this kind of thing unless there is some partisan mudslinging involved. LOL.

I really don't care because I don't mind foreign competition. I know its ruff for American companies but when they make better products then I will buy them and Americans are free to make a choice between foriegn and American.

Forum List

Back