Congressman refuses pay raise (bribe) Obaboon illegally gave him

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
All executive orders are unconstitutional since the constitution says "all legislative power herein granted shall be vested in congress".

Blogland of Earl Capps: Rep. Jeff Duncan refuses Obama-ordered pay raise

For another example of politicos who put leadership ahead of ego, the Blogland commends Third District Congressman Jeff Duncan for showing real fiscal leadership during the ongoing disputes over how to resolve the "fiscal cliff" showdown in Washington.

This evening, Duncan was the first member of South Carolina's congressional delegation to reject the federal pay raise ordered by President Obama:

"The timing of President Obama’s executive order to raise salaries for Members of Congress and the Vice President shows how out of touch with reality the President is when it comes to spending. Congress doesn’t need a pay raise, and if given a raise I will return it. This executive order highlights the President’s serious lack of judgment when it comes to spending money. President Obama’s decision gives every American the right to question his judgment in managing our nation’s finances. Raising taxes will result in more government spending, not less debt for our children and grandchildren. I will not be fooled into believing that Washington intends to use tax increases to pay down the debt."

The whole reason Obama has for taking us over the cliff is that he realized that merely Taxing the rich wasn't going to be enough to pay for his reckless entitlement programs. It's nice to see someone isn't fooled.

• Banned
The whole reason Obama has for taking us over the cliff is that he realized that merely Taxing the rich wasn't going to be enough to pay for his reckless entitlement programs. It's nice to see someone isn't fooled.

Yup - obozo won the election by promising blacks and hispos he was gonna give them more and more free stuff. Now he has to deliver and the money isn't there.

He has nothing but contempt for the Constitution, and America - to fundamentally change is to destroy!

All executive orders are unconstitutional since the constitution says "all legislative power herein granted shall be vested in congress".

Basis in U.S. Constitution

U.S. presidents have issued executive orders since 1785. Although there is no Constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits executive orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 5. Most Executive Orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President's sworn duties,[2] the intent being to help direct officers of the U.S. Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the federal government: the consequence of failing to comply possibly being the removal from office.[3]

Other types of orders issued by 'the Executive' are generally classified simply as administrative orders rather than Executive Orders.[4] These are typically the following:

Presidential determination
Presidential memorandum
Presidential notice
Presidential directives are considered a form of executive order issued by the President of the United States with the advice and consent of a major agency or department found within the

Executive branch of government.[5] Some types of Directives are the following:
National Security Directives
Homeland Security Presidential Directives (presidential decision directives)

Go back to Stormfront, Bigot!! We don't need more toothless rednecks here, we're all filled up.

Calling me names and I am rude. I said last night I have never negged anyone who didn't do so first. But I was changing my mind on this one topic. So go ahead you racist. Make another baseless bullshit claim about my political afilliation.

honestly argueing on this board and name calling is so childish and immature. No one likes reading crap like that.

Please tell us how many NaziCons in Congress didn't refuse the raise...
Apparently this one has been refusing since he was first elected:

U.S. Congressman Howard Coble : 6th District Of North Carolina
If you are familiar with my record, you will know that I have historically opposed pay increases and excessive benefits for members of Congress. I fight hard to ensure your tax dollars are spent wisely. As a fiscal conservative, I have repeatedly voted against pay raises for members of Congress. Since the 1989 reforms to ethics rules, the congressional pay rise has been automatic unless the House passes legislation prohibiting the increase.
In case you did not know, I have refused to participate in the congressional pension program. I have labeled it a taxpayer rip-off. It is a much bigger abuse of the taxpayers than is a pay raise. I do not think you owe me a retirement package just because I decided to go into public service. I also refused to participate in the legislative retirement plan when I served in the General Assembly in Raleigh. In addition, when I retire, I will not be eligible to remain on the congressional health plan because I have refused the congressional pension plan.

U.S. presidents have issued executive orders since 1785. Although there is no Constitutional provision or statute that explicitly permits executive orders, there is a vague grant of "executive power" given in Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, and furthered by the declaration "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed"

HAHAHAHA. Now that is funny. Last summer obozo issued an EO that he will NOT enforce laws that make it a crime to be here illegally. And yet you libs say EOs are all about making sure laws are faithfully executed!! Can you think at all.?

Forum List

Back