Congressman Receives Threats From Gun Advocates Warning Him To ‘Watch His Back’

What is it that you fail to understand the registration is the first step in confiscation, history has proven that many times.

But, I'll tell ya what, just as soon as you can give me a verifiable 100% guarantee that the whole 7600+ miles of US coast and boarders are secure and there is no possibility that guns can be smuggled in, I will support that. Start with the criminals first, then you can worry about the rest of us.

I'm not interested in the state of a screwed up mind and stop trying to change the subject!

What a freaking lib doesn't understand that in order for any gun control to work, it has to be part of a comprehensive program, without insuring illegal weapons can't enter the country all the rest is just so much window dressing? Are you saying you're not interested is a plan that actually woks and restricts real criminals? Or are you just like your dear leader, going after just the easy ineffective cotton candy solutions, that do nothing but burden law abiding citizens. Come on turn that phone around and see if you can find just a bit of intellectual honesty in there.

First off, just because someone doesn't agree with you nutters doesn't make them a liberal. If it did, 70% of this country would be liberal and you wouldn't even have a voice in what happens.

Second, I gave you a comprehensive program that would remove firearms from criminals. I've even expanded on it in other threads. Yes it would be inconvinient to take your weapons and get them all registered. It would be inconvinient to go in each year and renew that registration. Having a cooling off period to purchase a weapon would make someone wait. I even proposed annual ballistic tests so a person wouldn't want to use a registered firearm to shoot someone. I proposed penalties for possession of an unregistered firearm, including suspension of firearm privilege from a minimum up to life, fines and/or jail time, which would probably be served on probation. Of course, it would be a hastle for the law abiding citizen, but the reward would be the peace of mind as criminals lose access to firearms. It would drastically reduce the possibility of an armed person coming to your house. It would stop street killings, because the guns would be removed from the streets. It would work and the status quo will never work.

You gun nuts oppose it, because your paranoid they will take your guns. Who would need to?

I'm not interested in the state of a screwed up mind and stop trying to change the subject!

What a freaking lib doesn't understand that in order for any gun control to work, it has to be part of a comprehensive program, without insuring illegal weapons can't enter the country all the rest is just so much window dressing? Are you saying you're not interested is a plan that actually woks and restricts real criminals? Or are you just like your dear leader, going after just the easy ineffective cotton candy solutions, that do nothing but burden law abiding citizens. Come on turn that phone around and see if you can find just a bit of intellectual honesty in there.

First off, just because someone doesn't agree with you nutters doesn't make them a liberal. If it did, 70% of this country would be liberal and you wouldn't even have a voice in what happens.

Second, I gave you a comprehensive program that would remove firearms from criminals. I've even expanded on it in other threads. Yes it would be inconvinient to take your weapons and get them all registered. It would be inconvinient to go in each year and renew that registration. Having a cooling off period to purchase a weapon would make someone wait. I even proposed annual ballistic tests so a person wouldn't want to use a registered firearm to shoot someone. I proposed penalties for possession of an unregistered firearm, including suspension of firearm privilege from a minimum up to life, fines and/or jail time, which would probably be served on probation. Of course, it would be a hastle for the law abiding citizen, but the reward would be the peace of mind as criminals lose access to firearms. It would drastically reduce the possibility of an armed person coming to your house. It would stop street killings, because the guns would be removed from the streets. It would work and the status quo will never work.

You gun nuts oppose it, because your paranoid they will take your guns. Who would need to?

LOL, you are a nutter if you actually think that your plagiarized bullshit would fly.

LOL, you are a nutter if you actually think that your plagiarized bullshit would fly.

What the hell are you talking about, Sassyquatch?

By Igor Volsky

Rep. Rick Nolan (D-MN), gun safety advocate who represents “real gun country,” told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on Saturday that his office is receiving anonymous threats, warning the Congressman to watch his back.

“I have never, ever in all my life feared for my security, and I’m not fearful of it now,” Nolan began. “But I’m a little more [fearful] than I ever had been before. We’ve been getting a lot of not very thinly veiled threats and calls into my office. You know, things like, ‘you tell Nolan he better watch his back’”:

More: Congressman Receives Threats From Gun Advocates Warning Him To 'Watch His Back' | ThinkProgress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1nZYPy--rts]Nolan on NRA threats - YouTube[/ame]

I expect nothing less from these gun nuts. They claim to be responsible gun owners, yet they are digging their own graves.

By Igor Volsky

Rep. Rick Nolan (D-MN), gun safety advocate who represents “real gun country,” told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on Saturday that his office is receiving anonymous threats, warning the Congressman to watch his back.

“I have never, ever in all my life feared for my security, and I’m not fearful of it now,” Nolan began. “But I’m a little more [fearful] than I ever had been before. We’ve been getting a lot of not very thinly veiled threats and calls into my office. You know, things like, ‘you tell Nolan he better watch his back’”:

More: Congressman Receives Threats From Gun Advocates Warning Him To 'Watch His Back' | ThinkProgress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1nZYPy--rts]Nolan on NRA threats - YouTube[/ame]

I expect nothing less from these gun nuts. They claim to be responsible gun owners, yet they are digging their own graves.
Great job instantly and unquestioningly believing an uncorroborated report from a guy with an agenda. :clap2:

It's true that none of us know if there were threats against a House member, but that applies to anything we haven't personally witnessed.

It doesn't make a difference to a person who sees all these posts on this thread without people mentioning the simple reality that it is absolutely stupid for people to make threats to someone elected by the American people. Gee, the Congressman supports some gun control legislation, but that issue is important enough for people to overlook threats like: "watch you back?" Such nonsense doesn't just dishonor an elected official, but it dishonors the American people who elected him and the whole country. To me it wouldn't make a difference what a Congressman's ideology is or what position he/she has on any issue. It's against the principles of democracy. It's against the principles of a Republic, too.

You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

By Igor Volsky

Wow, the poor guy, I hope that thinkprogress and the congressman have those messages copied so they can substantial the threats, or is this like Tea Partiers spitting at Congress people with no proof while videos ensured it never happened. Nice try Lahkota but think progress? You have to be kidding.

It's true that none of us know if there were threats against a House member, but that applies to anything we haven't personally witnessed.

It doesn't make a difference to a person who sees all these posts on this thread without people mentioning the simple reality that it is absolutely stupid for people to make threats to someone elected by the American people. Gee, the Congressman supports some gun control legislation, but that issue is important enough for people to overlook threats like: "watch you back?" Such nonsense doesn't just dishonor an elected official, but it dishonors the American people who elected him and the whole country. To me it wouldn't make a difference what a Congressman's ideology is or what position he/she has on any issue. It's against the principles of democracy. It's against the principles of a Republic, too.

Great job instantly and unquestioningly believing an uncorroborated report from a guy with an agenda. :clap2:

Yeah, this Dub guy is a real quack. I have only been back a day and noticed that right off. ~shrug~

One question hero, who pays for all this pie it the sky crap your talking about, do we borrow it from China? And all this hassle you want to put law abiding people through, I still haven't seen a damn thing to get the guns out of the hands of criminals or the black market that supplies them.

Yeah, this Dub guy is a real quack. I have only been back a day and noticed that right off. ~shrug~

Yep he fancies himself as quite the little statist, he can come up with a thousand schemes to inconvenience and charge law abiding citizens for exercising their constitutional rights but has yet to come up with one viable plan to have any effect on crime. Typical nanny state ass who thinks government can do anything it wants. A truly pathetic little boy.

Funny, all the Marxists were calling Joshua Boston a whiner in the thread about the death threats he received for his Di Fi letter, yet in this thread, it's poor, poor Rick Nolan.

Jesus Christ dude, you actually get so involved in this drama you remember all the details and names? :eusa_clap: good gawd man....get a life. :lol:

I'm a very intelligent man, Dainty. Don't be hatin' just because I retain information better than you.

LOL! Ownage the Dainty!

By Igor Volsky

Typical, only a lefty would view, "if you don't vote this way, I won't vote for you," as a threat.

You gun nuts have reading problems. The first think I said is we can't know about something that occurred away from or presence, but we can know it' wrong to threaten the people elected to serve our government.

By Igor Volsky

A retired Des Moines Register columnist made similar threats:

Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.

In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published this junk on December 29.

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders | Fox News

One question hero, who pays for all this pie it the sky crap your talking about, do we borrow it from China? And all this hassle you want to put law abiding people through, I still haven't seen a damn thing to get the guns out of the hands of criminals or the black market that supplies them.

One of the best places to do that kind of work is in gun stores. Many have the ability to test fire a weapon and they are set up for background checks. Doing that kind of work would give the gun store a steady cash stream, because the renewal of registration is scheduled throughout the year. There would be a fee involved in renewing registration and performing a ballistics test. The whole thing could be accomplished rather quickly and it wouldn't be that expensive. The person who owns the guns pays for it. I see no reason why a person couldn't own an assault weapon or any present day legal firearm under those conditions.

Take a look at all the expenses involved in it? The guy checks the registration against the serial number and a background check automatically determines if that person should still have that weapon. It doesn't take much equipment to test fire a weapon. The bullet is packaged, labelled and set to the FBI for scanning. The gun dealer can package a bunch of bullets before he has to mail it. The only thing involved is a little paper work that can be automated and the test. The computer can be set up to do the rest, like notification to the background check system. Maybe the guy trying to renew the registration of the gun should have turned his guns in, because of criminal charges. Whatever, there are all kinds of law enforcement measures that can be included in the system of universal and renewable registration. They would know all the guns registered in a person's name. The point is the system wouldn't be very expensive and people aren't going to want to shoot someone with a gun already having a ballistics test on record.

Eventually, the unregistered firearms will be rounded up. People caught with unregistered weapons will lose their gun owning priveleges for a minimum and maximum period of time, depending on the case. That means they can't legally buy or own a gun. The guns can set in the nearest armory to determine their fate.

There would be some expenses to the state involved, but the costs would be offset by present expenses to investigate crime. Eventually with that system, if you put a bullet in someone, it is sent to a crime lab and the owner of the gun's name and address is determined. That is enough evidence to get a search warrant and take the person in for questioning. There could be false positives, but the police are smart enough to handle that and do so properly.

Forum List

Back