Congressman Receives Threats From Gun Advocates Warning Him To ‘Watch His Back’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Igor Volsky

Rep. Rick Nolan (D-MN), gun safety advocate who represents “real gun country,” told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on Saturday that his office is receiving anonymous threats, warning the Congressman to watch his back.

“I have never, ever in all my life feared for my security, and I’m not fearful of it now,” Nolan began. “But I’m a little more [fearful] than I ever had been before. We’ve been getting a lot of not very thinly veiled threats and calls into my office. You know, things like, ‘you tell Nolan he better watch his back’”:

More: Congressman Receives Threats From Gun Advocates Warning Him To 'Watch His Back' | ThinkProgress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1nZYPy--rts]Nolan on NRA threats - YouTube[/ame]

By Igor Volsky

Rep. Rick Nolan (D-MN), gun safety advocate who represents “real gun country,” told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes on Saturday that his office is receiving anonymous threats, warning the Congressman to watch his back.

“I have never, ever in all my life feared for my security, and I’m not fearful of it now,” Nolan began. “But I’m a little more [fearful] than I ever had been before. We’ve been getting a lot of not very thinly veiled threats and calls into my office. You know, things like, ‘you tell Nolan he better watch his back’”:

More: Congressman Receives Threats From Gun Advocates Warning Him To 'Watch His Back' | ThinkProgress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1nZYPy--rts]Nolan on NRA threats - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder what % of murders in the U S are preceeded by a reminder note.

Claims of anonymous boggy men, in the era of caller ID, really? And why is all the commiecrats say is we must do something, shouldn't they be concentrating on doing something effective?

I don't know why but his whining made me think of something Jefferson said that went something like, when government fears the people there will be liberty, when the people fear government there will be tyranny. So maybe a congressman being just a little nervous is a good thing.

you truly need to get out more often. If you don't know how to get around caller ID or even how to use a throw away phone...

jesus, you're in the Tea Party aren't you?
:eusa_shifty:

I guess unlike you I just don't think like a criminal.

of course you do. It is criminal to think of overthrowing the USA

Who appointed you thought police? And that would only apply if I acted against a government that were operating in a Constitutional manner. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, not an unconstitutional governement. Acting to uphold that oath is not only legal, it is required. Too bad your dear leader doesn't feel the same way.

I guess unlike you I just don't think like a criminal.

of course you do. It is criminal to think of overthrowing the USA

Who appointed you thought police? And that would only apply if I acted against a government that were operating in a Constitutional manner. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, not an unconstitutional governement. Acting to uphold that oath is not only legal, it is required. Too bad your dear leader doesn't feel the same way.

Are you shirking your duties, then? Either you think the government is operating in a constitutional manner, you are not doing what is required of you, or you are just a ridiculous clown whose talent is being a blowhard.

So what? When you attempt to enslave people you should expect some backlash. Even the Founders understood that to undluly restrict the 2nd Amendment rights for law abiding citizens was a precurser to their enslavement. Maybe ALL the leftist politicians should stop and think of the repurcussions their pissing on the Constitution can bring about. It's not unrealistic to think that this latest piss on the rights of the People will be the final straw that breaks the camel's back and leads this nation to another civil war.

Yeah, the word of some congressman with an agenda that he got anonymous phone calls that might be threatening just isnt credible here. If it were, he'd have the FBI on it.
Fail.

Forum List

Back