Congressman Kanjorski - Minorities are not "good American people"

Poor way to articulate an idea but I think its a stretch to say he was contrasting minorities with good people. But I do agree that Republicans, neoconservatives, and their ilk do often insinuate that minorities are the ones most exploiting the welfare state and entitlement programs that democrats use to keep them down, dependent and voting democrat. That point is made ad nauseum on this board.

What a pile of right wing horse shit. There is no 'contrast' being made here. Kanjorski is answering right wing smear attacks that the program IS for minorities etc. It is disingenuous right wing garbage, AS USUAL.

Here is the FULL clip, IN context. http://www.criticalmention.com/vg/congressmankanjorski/2010-06-24_cspan2_0110.wmv

He could have left out the "they are not minorities" part of it. WTF would you call that if not a comparison?

they are not minorities...(the things you like to insinuate that these programs are about)
and they're not defective...(the things you like to insinuate that these programs are about)

Okay, I get your point, and the idea that that is probably what he meant by his comments.
But still.What is wrong with being a minority? Why is it appropriate to couple "minority" with "defective?" It was at least an inelegant choice of phrasing, and he shouldn't underline the stereotypes by saying this NEW batch of "deserving" poor are a superior group as compared to the near permanent underclass, who stay poor due to discrimination and poverty.

Poor way to articulate an idea but I think its a stretch to say he was contrasting minorities with good people. But I do agree that Republicans, neoconservatives, and their ilk do often insinuate that minorities are the ones most exploiting the welfare state and entitlement programs that democrats use to keep them down, dependent and voting democrat. That point is made ad nauseum on this board.

of course you do, you're a hack.

:lol:

i love this shit-if he had an r after his name and said the *exact* same thing you'd be all over him like a cheap suit.

extra points given for managing to work neoconservative and *ilk* into your pathetic attempt at defending this guy. :thup:

i love this shit-if he had an r after his name and said the *exact* same thing you'd be all over him like a cheap suit.

extra points given for managing to work neoconservative and *ilk* into your pathetic attempt at defending this guy. :thup:

See...there's a reason I didn't get into which letter is after his name in my OP.

I was wondering when someone would bring it up first. bfrgn wins teh internets!

Del:

I think this is an accurate statement. Shit is shit.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
What? Do you have mental retardation, or are you just stupid?

"Because of the longevity of the recession, these are people – and they are not minorities, and they're not defective, and they're not all the things you like to insinuate that these programs are about. These are average good American people. Most of them have been veterans who served, responsible, have worked all their lives, but they're not full of money," Kanjorski said. "They live pay check to pay check and they always will because they are in the lower margins of our society."
It's called projecting..... :eusa_shhh:

You are called a pea brain for a reason
Aww, man.
I saw "for a reason" was underlined and I was hoping it was a link, ala'Shaaman, to something to back up your claim.

But, shit, with such colorful names such as 'fuck-stick', 'shit-for-brains', et.al. available, all you could respond with is "pea-brain"??

Boring, really.
At least your butt-buddy Biden had the balls to say "Smartass":

VIDEO

"Because of the longevity of the recession, these are people – and they are not minorities, and they're not defective, and they're not all the things you like to insinuate that these programs are about. These are average good American people. Most of them have been veterans who served, responsible, have worked all their lives, but they're not full of money," Kanjorski said. "They live pay check to pay check and they always will because they are in the lower margins of our society."
It's called projecting..... :eusa_shhh:

You are called a pea brain for a reason

and that reason would be...you've got nothing. :rofl:

hack :eusa_shhh:

i love this shit-if he had an r after his name and said the *exact* same thing you be all over him like a cheap suit.

Not really. When Trent Lott gave Strom Thurmond his intellectual blowjob for his birthday years back I though the outrage over that was ridiculous. It might not have been the most thought out thing to say but it wasnt racist.

So which do you say it is for this guy. Should he be given a pass and acknowledged that hes not contrasting minorities with good people or should he be labelled racist and dragged through the mud?

And there are people on this board who make do say that day in and day out.

Yeah...ABC...that bastion of rightwing talking points. :cuckoo:

Full quote:

Yeah...still sounds bad no matter how you cut it.

you're gonna throw your back out again :lol:

this is hilarious because if it was a republican you'd be starting threads about the *pea brain racist teabagger*, but since it's someone on your *team* he can't possibly be what he obviously has shown himself to be with his own words. :rofl:

i hope you loosen up before you post....

Hey del, bring all that stored up animosity you can muster. It still doesn't change the meaning. It is disingenuous and a REACH to say he is making a disparaging statement about minorities. He IS making a disparaging statement about YOU (you being) those people (who) like to insinuate that these programs are about minorities etc.

Is THIS really that hard for you to comprehend? Either you are dumber than dogshit or YOU are ignoring what he REALLY said, because he is a Democrat.

i love this shit-if he had an r after his name and said the *exact* same thing you be all over him like a cheap suit.

Not really. When Trent Lott gave Strom Thurmond his intellectual blowjob for his birthday years back I though the outrage over that was ridiculous. It might not have been the most thought out thing to say but it wasnt racist.

So which do you say it is for this guy. Should he be given a pass and acknowledged that hes not contrasting minorities with good people or should he be labelled racist and dragged through the mud?

I vote "neither".
Just chalk him up as someone, who is a professional speaker, who doesn't know how to convey his thoughts clearly.
IOW......fail
:eusa_whistle:

my own opinion is that his words show him to be a racist. he is contrasting minorities with good people unfavorably. he also seems to think, again by his own words, that minorities = defectives. i have no desire to drag him through the mud nor will i give him a pass. he's not my problem since i don't live in his district.

you last sentence makes no sense to me.

Congressman Contrasts 'Minorities' with 'Good American People' - ABC News

Rep. Paul Kanjorski made the comments Wednesday during the House and Senate conference on the financial reform bill.

"Because of the longevity of the recession, these are people – and they are not minorities, and they're not defective, and they're not all the things you like to insinuate that these programs are about.
Fuckin' racist teabagger.

Don't you mean fucking racist Democrat?

Congressman Contrasts 'Minorities' with 'Good American People' - ABC News

Rep. Paul Kanjorski made the comments Wednesday during the House and Senate conference on the financial reform bill.

"Because of the longevity of the recession, these are people – and they are not minorities, and they're not defective, and they're not all the things you like to insinuate that these programs are about.
Fuckin' racist teabagger.

Don't you mean fucking racist Democrat?

shhhhhh....there is no such thing as racist Democrats....

this is hilarious because if it was a republican you'd be starting threads about the *pea brain racist teabagger*, but since it's someone on your *team* he can't possibly be what he obviously has shown himself to be with his own words. :rofl:

Hey del, bring all that stored up animosity you can muster. It still doesn't change the meaning. It is disingenuous and a REACH to say he is making a disparaging statement about minorities. He IS making a disparaging statement about YOU (you being) those people (who) like to insinuate that these programs are about minorities etc.

Is THIS really that hard for you to comprehend? Either you are dumber than dogshit or YOU are ignoring what he REALLY said, because he is a Democrat.
WTF???

:eek:

I get "pea brain" and Del gets "dumber than dogshit"???
Why'd ya save the colorful one for him??
:doubt:

That's not really fair.Del is pretty even-handed and intellectually consistent in his views regardless of party politics.

That's not really fair.Del is pretty even-handed and intellectually consistent in his views regardless of party politics.

Taking that to its logical conclusion: Bfgrn isn't.

You racist fucking teabagger
:clap2:

del is not even-handed and intellectually consistent in his views of ME.

That's kind of a leap too. Bfgrm posts a lot of very valuable information, and he has a firm grasp of the social and political landscape, as well as how it came to be. Intemperance is not necessarily a sign of intellectual inconsistency, although it tends to suggest it, and is not helpful to cooperative or constructive dialogue sometimes.
To be fair, I think that could be said for many of us, myself included, at times.

Forum List

Back