Congressman admits saying, 'Liberals hate real Americans'

And yet almost everything you pick up in a store today is from China, and American business' are down in Mexico! go figure. go ahead raise corporate taxes.. :cuckoo:

It has absolutely nothing to do with corporate taxes. It has to do with wages and the fact that they can pay a dollar a day in Mexico and China, but we can't here.

So, standing up for America is "acting like a shitbag" in your eyes. Pathetic.

And you wonder why conservatives say that liberals hate America.

Jailing and blacklisting people based on their thoughts and opinions isn't "standing up for America".

Nobody is advocating jailing Americans because of their opinions. We don't do that here. Oh, wait....we do. It's called a "hate crime". My bad.

Blacklisting is something else entirely. Blacklisting is an action taken by a private enterprise. A private enterprise should be able to blacklist people for ANY reason, ideological or otherwise. I may not agree with you, but I stand up for your right to be a bigot.

...speaking in the universal "you", naturally...

Nobody is advocating jailing Americans because of their opinions. We don't do that here. Oh, wait....we do. It's called a "hate crime". My bad.

Please list a "hate crime" which you can be convicted of without committing an act of violence. Its not jailing people because of their opinions.

Blacklisting is something else entirely. Blacklisting is an action taken by a private enterprise. A private enterprise should be able to blacklist people for ANY reason, ideological or otherwise. I may not agree with you, but I stand up for your right to be a bigot.

...speaking in the universal "you", naturally...

No, actually, blacklisting was done by the US government during McCarthyism, which is NOT a private enterprise. He also had books removed because they were related to communism, and compared communism with treason.

Am I wrong, or doesn't being convicted of a hate crime add to one's sentence? That's serving jail time for "wrong thinking". And it's Orewellian, but don't tell your fellow libs that. They can't handle that much truth.

Oh, and communism IS treason. You're either with us or against us. It really is that simple.

Am I wrong, or doesn't being convicted of a hate crime add to one's sentence? That's serving jail time for "wrong thinking". And it's Orewellian, but don't tell your fellow libs that. They can't handle that much truth.
Oh, and communism IS treason. You're either with us or against us. It really is that simple.

So serving jail time for "wrong thinking" is Orwellian, but you should serve jail time for being a communist (i.e. "wrong thinking")?

So basically you just admitted to being Orwellian. Alrighty then. Good job there.

Oh and hate crimes aren't about opinions, they are about motives. We've been taking motive into consideration for crimes for hundreds of years, it has a long, long precedent, its nothing new.

So serving jail time for "wrong thinking" is Orwellian, but you should serve jail time for being a communist (i.e. "wrong thinking")?

So basically you just admitted to being Orwellian. Alrighty then. Good job there.

Oh and hate crimes aren't about opinions, they are about motives. We've been taking motive into consideration for crimes for hundreds of years, it has a long, long precedent, its nothing new.

Actually, you can support communist ideals all day long for all I care. You can even get together with other misguided communists and trash talk America, burn flags and write ugly things on the internet until you're blue in the face. Who cares? You're just wasting your own life, as far as I'm concerned. It's when you become an active communist operative against the government that I have a problem with you.

Hate crimes are TOTALLY about opinions. Opening the argument up to "motives" precludes the possiblity that the act is justifiable because of that motivation. It's the "yer honor he needed killin'" defense. Surely, you didn't intend to stumble into that.

Actually, you can support communist ideals all day long for all I care. You can even get together with other misguided communists and trash talk America, burn flags and write ugly things on the internet until you're blue in the face. Who cares?

McCarthy cared. He wanted people blacklisted from US government jobs because of their beliefs. And yet you idolize him.

You're just wasting your own life, as far as I'm concerned. It's when you become an active communist operative against the government that I have a problem with you.

Well good that your coming to your senses. But communism does not entail a violent overthrow of the government

Hate crimes are TOTALLY about opinions. Opening the argument up to "motives" precludes the possiblity that the act is justifiable because of that motivation. It's the "yer honor he needed killin'" defense. Surely, you didn't intend to stumble into that.

Umm, you need to figure out what the word preclude means. You mean includes. But regardless, motive has, and is, a factor in violent crimes and has been for hundreds of years, as it should be. Hence the difference between missing a red light cause you weren't paying attention and hitting a pedestrian and killing them, and ignoring the red light because you want to kill someone and hitting a pedestrian and killing them.

Not being eligible for a government job because you can't get a security clearance is not "black listing". DUH!

Whether communision entails a violent overthrow or a quiet subversion of our American government is irrelevant-- it's still treasonous either way.

Of course I meant 'preclude'....brain moving faster than my hands. Thanks for being the grammar police.

You're still wrong about hate crimes. Your analogy is off. It's more like the difference between purposely running down a pedestrian because you are mad and don't like people vs. running down a pedestrian because you are mad and wanted to "kill a n****r". Both are henious, and both are premeditated murder. One is legally worse because of your opinion about the victim. And THAT is Orwellian.

Not being eligible for a government job because you can't get a security clearance is not "black listing". DUH!

It had nothing to do with security clearances.

Whether communision entails a violent overthrow or a quiet subversion of our American government is irrelevant-- it's still treasonous either way.

Communism doesn't entail subversion in any way. If you want to fight against treason, do that and leave communism out of it.

Of course I meant 'preclude'....brain moving faster than my hands. Thanks for being the grammar police.

Umm, its not grammar, its choosing the correct word which completely changes the meaning.

You're still wrong about hate crimes. Your analogy is off. It's more like the difference between purposely running down a pedestrian because you are mad and don't like people vs. running down a pedestrian because you are mad and wanted to "kill a n****r". Both are henious, and both are premeditated murder. One is legally worse because of your opinion about the victim. And THAT is Orwellian.

Its different because of the motive. If you hate black people and you happen to hit one, thats not a hate crime. If you hit them BECAUSE (read: motive) they are black, THAT is a hate crime.

Its different because of the motive. If you hate black people and you happen to hit one, thats not a hate crime. If you hit them BECAUSE (read: motive) they are black, THAT is a hate crime.

To my way of thinking if you purposely hit someone with a car, it's a crime. Period.

If you happen to hate them, so what? It doesn't change anything.

To my way of thinking if you purposely hit someone with a car, it's a crime. Period.

If you happen to hate them, so what? It doesn't change anything.

Because MOTIVE matters. Just as its a difference between your motive being you were trying to get a new CD, ran a red light, and killed someone v. motive was to run them down.

Motive has always mattered. Its just with hate crimes, conservatives suddenly care about it and act as if its something new. Its not.

Because MOTIVE matters. Just as its a difference between your motive being you were trying to get a new CD, ran a red light, and killed someone v. motive was to run them down.

Motive has always mattered. Its just with hate crimes, conservatives suddenly care about it and act as if its something new. Its not.

Maybe you're deliberately misunderstanding. Fine. We agree -- intentional is intentional. Good point.

*MY* point is that there is NO difference between "intentional because I'm just a general asshole" and "intentional because I'm a bigotted asshole".

Pardon my language, please.

Maybe you're deliberately misunderstanding. Fine. We agree -- intentional is intentional. Good point.

*MY* point is that there is NO difference between "intentional because I'm just a general asshole" and "intentional because I'm a bigotted asshole".

Pardon my language, please.

If I kill someone because I love them do I get a lighter sentence ?

Forum List

Back