Congressman admits saying, 'Liberals hate real Americans'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Congressman admits saying, ‘Liberals hate real Americans’ - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) — A North Carolina congressman locked in a tight re-election race admitted Tuesday to recently telling a crowd of John McCain supporters that "liberals hate real Americans," the latest in a string of comments from Republicans that appear to question Democrats' patriotism.

In his statement Tuesday, Hayes suggested he meant to differentiate between the liberal and conservative philosophies rather than directly impugn the patriotism of his opponents.

"Liberals are advocating higher taxes, which I believe punish success — and they are advocating policies like gay marriage that I feel undermine strong families," he said. "We have a strong difference of opinion about the future of our nation, but obviously this was the wrong way to get that difference of opinion across."

McCain spokeswoman Nancy Pfotenhauer also turned heads when she said over the weekend that Northern Virginia, did not represent 'real Virginia' because of the influx of Democrats to the region in recent years.
“I certainly agree that northern Virginia has gone more Democratic. And as a proud resident of Oakton, Virginia I can tell you that the Democrats have just come in from the District of Columbia and moved into northern Virginia. And that’s really what you see there. But the rest of the state, ‘real’ Virginia if you will, I think will be very responsive to Senator McCain’s message," she said.

Remember, if your state votes Democrat then your a treason making terrorist who is out to destroy America. :eusa_whistle:

It has been the party of US and THEM for a couple of decades now.

Nixon: those long haired hippies hate America

Reagan: Those who want to tax the wealthy hate America, those who dont want to build massive usless weapons systems hate America.

Bush 41: read my lips no new taxes, well maybe this guy did hate himself.

Bush 43: You are either with us or against us.

Now McCrustys anyone from a big city hates America.

They're getting out of control... even for wingnuts. But Rush told them it's okay to think/act this way for how many years?

His entire career. The fact a man like him can have such a long profitable career is a testament to how sad this country has gotten in some aspects.

this ACORN crap already got a Obama canvasser grabbed by the hair and punched.

Rush probably is proud of his part in that.

The puncher was a man and the punchee was a woman.

Oh jeez Louise. Looney Tunes re-run night tonight.

That the best you have Willow? I noticed you haven't responded to any of my new threads, why is that? Usually you have something to say to everything. :eusa_whistle:

That the best you have Willow? I noticed you haven't responded to any of my new threads, why is that? Usually you have something to say to everything. :eusa_whistle:

Yes, sometimes the mile high mountain of donkeydung leaves me speechless.

Kerry on DUmmie!

... as were the fomenters of the Boston Tea Party out to destroy the American Colonies, as seen by the conservatives of the day...

-Joe

Psst, don't use facts Joe. You might confuse certain people. :lol:

If voting Democrat makes me a terrorist, then sign me up. :rofl:

Maybe I agree with the facts? There's that possibility. Go Congressman!

Oh so you agree with Hayes that Liberals hate "real americans."

I guess all those soldiers serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and in the country past who are Liberals aren't real americans to you.

See how that logic of yours is fucked right there? If you do believe that, you sicken me. :mad:

Never mind all the other Liberals in this country who love this country but hate the path it's on.

How about if voting democratic makes you a patriot?

-Joe

I think voting Democratic makes you a patriot.

Seriously though, I think what this congressman said was very wrong and there is no use in him saying sorry for it since he actually believes it.

I may joke around on this thread pretending to use the Republican POV in this case but I can't stand people like this congressman really.

I think voting Democratic makes you a patriot.

Seriously though, I think what this congressman said was very wrong and there is no use in him saying sorry for it since he actually believes it.

I may joke around on this thread pretending to use the Republican POV in this case but I can't stand people like this congressman really.

Voting at all is what makes us patriots... that and spirited discussions at USMB! :cool:

Lets give them a 90% + turn out this year!

-Joe

Oh so you agree with Hayes that Liberals hate "real americans."

I guess all those soldiers serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and in the country past who are Liberals aren't real americans to you.

See how that logic of yours is fucked right there? If you do believe that, you sicken me. :mad: I kinda get sick from your views too. It's totally understandable.
Never mind all the other Liberals in this country who love this country but hate the path it's on.

don't see so much differnt than crazy old joe biden telling us the rich had to pay more taxes to be patriotic, kinda makes the poor guy dislike the rich, same damn thing. you guys just don't like the goosey gander stuff much do you? That's what makes you so hypocritical. You always find a way to condone it in you own world.

Voting at all is what makes us patriots... that and spirited discussions at USMB! :cool:

Lets give them a 90% + turn out this year!

-Joe

Well see, I was going to say voting in general makes us patriots then I remember some parties of the present and past that aren't really PRO American and people's rights if you know what I mean.

I'd vote if I could, not just throw that right away like I see so many doing.

Forum List

Back