Congressional Town Halls...what happened?

the title of the thread is "Congressional Town Halls...what happened?" and the OP posted

The last one my Democratic Congressperson held was summer 09.

Take off your partisan blinders and perhaps you'll be able to read what was actually written instead of what you "think" was written.

Yes, yes, I'm wearing "Partisan Blinders". Which is why the OP mentioned some un-named "Democratic Congressperson", instead of just "congressperson" or a specific name.

And I talked about random Republican Congressmen, in general, in response. Which was a perfectly reasonable thing to to.

But, I guess responding to what amounted to a partisan inquiry with an equally partisan inquiry is just an outrageous way to respond, right?

They had to stop holding them once they saw that real people were showing up to rip them a new one. They couldn't stack their meetings with Dem Boot-Lickers so they had to call it quits on the whole Town Hall meeting concept. If they got a question that wasn't scripted,they had the person removed from the meeting. Pelosi even called them "Un-American Nazis" for God's sake. They really couldn't believe that real citizens were showing up asking them tough questions. They were shocked. They don't want to talk to the people. So don't expect Pelosi and her gang to hold anymore of these meetings. The People are beneath them at this point.

the title of the thread is "Congressional Town Halls...what happened?" and the OP posted

Take off your partisan blinders and perhaps you'll be able to read what was actually written instead of what you "think" was written.

Yes, yes, I'm wearing "Partisan Blinders". Which is why the OP mentioned some un-named "Democratic Congressperson", instead of just "congressperson" or a specific name.

And I talked about random Republican Congressmen, in general, in response. Which was a perfectly reasonable thing to to.

But, I guess responding to what amounted to a partisan inquiry with an equally partisan inquiry is just an outrageous way to respond, right?
Do you get dizzy when you spin that fast? :lol:

Once the Dems found out that they couldn't stack their "meetings" with only Dem-Boot-Lickers,they had to immediately put a halt to such meetings. Anyone who dared to ask an unscripted question was declared an "Un-American Nazi" by that cretin Pelosi. They were all shams.

Once the Dems found out that they couldn't stack their "meetings" with only Dem-Boot-Lickers,they had to immediately put a halt to such meetings. Anyone who dared to ask an unscripted question was declared an "Un-American Nazi" by that cretin Pelosi. They were all shams.

When the TP crowd shows up at a Republican town hall meeting, do they qualify as Rep-Boot-Lickers? :eusa_think:

When the TP crowd shows up at a Republican town hall meeting, do they qualify as Rep-Boot-Lickers? :eusa_think:

Not when they show up to excoriate the republican congress critter running the town hall meeting, or were you under the impression that tea partiers were showing up at congressional town halls last summer to tell their elected representatives what a great job they were doing?

Not when they show up to excoriate the republican congress critter running the town hall meeting, or were you under the impression that tea partiers were showing up at congressional town halls last summer to tell their elected representatives what a great job they were doing?

Who do you think TP'ers overwhelmingly vote for given a choice between Dems and Reps?

My Congressperson is a Democrat.

I think I mentioned I live in a county that went 20% to the Muslim Marxist in 08 and then flipped 30% to kick out the Dem County Executive just for him being a Dem.

Why do you want me to name my Congressperson, what possible difference does that make?

Last edited:
"How dare these little people question us!!" That unfortunately sums up Liberal Elitists like Reid & Pelosi perfectly. Once they realized that they may have to answer real unscripted questions from the people at these Town Hall Meetings,Pelosi and her Dem gang immediately labelled these people "Un-American Nazis" and shut these meetings down for good. They were actually shocked that real people would have the nerve to show up and ask them real questions. It's a Liberal "let them eat cake" mentality. Time for Reid & Pelosi to go. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Do you get dizzy when you spin that fast? :lol:

LOL, whatever you say.

My Congressperson is a Democrat.

I think I mentioned I live in a county they went 20% to the Muslim Marxist in 08 and then flipped 30% to kick out the Dem County Executive just for him being a Dem.

Why do you want me to name my Congressperson, what possible difference does that make?

Personally I don't care if you name your congressperson.

My point was that, by pointing out that your DEMOCRATIC congressperson was not holding town halls, and then asking if other people's had, you were making a thinly veiled partisan implication, which I answered with a similar comment.

The poster I was responding to was accusing me of being a partisan hack because I was responding to the OP in the spirit it was written.

Forum List

Back