Discussion in 'Congress' started by AVG-JOE, Aug 7, 2013.
Congressional Reform Act of 2013 | Petition2Congress
Who gets to vote on it?
In the words Montgomery Burns: "Not bloody likely."
Article 8. All corporate contributions and/or advertising for/against anyone running for Congress will be considered to be an attempt at bribing a government official. Any corporate officer caught funding any aspect of a campaign will do mandatory hard time.
Article 9. 100% of all campaign contributions must be revealed within 24 hours of the donation and the full name and address of the person making the contribution must be posted online together with the amount.
The link is a petition to force congress to vote on it.
That would be an interesting vote to have on the public record by the fall of '14.
As long we're wishing for stuff:
1) Magic portal through which I can pull anything I desire.
2) My car now runs on will power alone and no longer requires cleaning or maintenance--and can fly.
3) I have perfect health and will live happily for 200 years--at which time I can opt in for as many more years of healthy, happy life as I desire.
4) #3 For all the people I know and care about (but they can opt out if they wish to).
5) My TV has every channel possible for free, including one that will show any program or movie or ANYTHING I wish to watch--and operates without an external power or signal source.
6) No Twilighty bullshit twists for any of these things.
One day, the voters will figure out how best to use the internet and congressional reform will happen.
Either that or the Military Industrial Complex will continue to spend Chinese money 'till the Chinese finally foreclose.
The thing is the voters keep putting the same losers back into office over and over again--regardless of how poorly things are going.
It looks bad, I'll grant you. But don't give up on The US Constitution just yet...
The only nationwide referendum I can remember in my 65 years was on am amendment to the Constitution. Perhaps there was something else, if so, then please jog my memory of it. When it comes to Congress...behaviors, pay, etc. only Congress gets to vote on it. Just like the Judiciary polices itself.
Separate names with a comma.