Congressional Muscle

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I put this message in the Congress forum because the topic highlights the importance of congressional races. The best presidents often end up pissing into the wind when their party does not control Congress.

More importantly, a conservative president will be in just as much trouble with establishment Republicans as he would be with Democrats. Without some conservative muscle in both Houses it matters not who lives in the White House. That makes congressional races this year, and in 2016, more critical for conservatives than the 2016 presidential race.

The linked article lists a bunch of possibilities for 2016. The Democrats on the list that I am familiar with had me rolling on the floor laughing. I still laugh when I think of these three:

images

Jerry Brown
Howard Dean
Al Gore​

The 65 people who may run for president in 2016
By Bob Cusack - 08/20/14 06:00 AM EDT

The 65 people who might run for president in 2016 | TheHill

First let me say that Mike Lee should have been included in the Republican lineup. I do not know why he did not get a call.

I selected a few Republicans that I think would be okay as president. I left out those Republicans I would not vote for to win a bet —— along with a few who are unknown to me. My comments are in red text:

Sen. Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) — Ayotte, who is up for reelection in 2016, is already being discussed as a vice presidential pick.

Her comments always impress me whenever I see her on television.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) — Tea Party favorite has said she might run again in 2016.

Bachmann will always have a soft spot in my heart.

John Bolton — The former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations is leaving the 2016 door open.

I always liked Bolton for vice president with a president that gives him some authority in foreign policy. Secretary of State Bolton would be good, too.

Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) — Tea Party star must convince kingmakers that he can beat Clinton.

One of my top picks. Karl Rove’s Republicans hate him more than they hate Barack Taqiyya. That is more than enough reason to be for him.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley — Haley is always mentioned as a possible candidate.

I know a little about her. What I do know passes muster.

Mike Huckabee — Huckabee’s poll numbers are quite good.

Big, big, plus! He hates the United Nations and says so. Huckabee and Bolton on the ticket would send Democrats around the bend.

Sarah Palin — The RNC put her in its straw poll, but most think the former Alaska governor will remain on the sidelines.

I’d like to see my favorite gal get her hands on a bureaucracy. Preferably the EPA. It would be a hoot watching her dismantle it.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence — Pence is a dark horse who shouldn’t be overlooked. The former House member was Tea Party before the Tea Party existed and is well respected by social and fiscal conservatives.

Good possibility although a longshot.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry — Comebacks are common in politics, but can Perry pull it off? He has two things going for him: The border crisis has put him front and center on the national stage, and the right has rallied behind him in the wake of his indictment in Texas.

You gotta love anybody that wants to secure the border for real. What’s to dislike about a guy that Democrats indicted?

Paul Ryan has shown that he can compromise to get things done . Rick Perry is looking better each day and Ayotte phill be a good VP choice.

Paul Ryan has shown that he can compromise to get things done .

To Bush92: Paul Ryan did not make the cut.

Oh yes he does.

To Bush92: Not with conservatives. He will try to pull off the old scam “I’m fiscally conservative and socially liberal.” Those two positions are incompatible. Socially liberal programs require funding. Even those no-tax-dollars-involved policies like gay marriage fail the socially liberal smell test when you see courts ordering people to work for gays. See this thread for a bit more on the topic:

NOTE: Here are the two links from the OP:

The Fountainhead Ayn Rand - Howard Roark Speech - YouTube

watch

I put this message in the Congress forum because the topic highlights the importance of congressional races.

The rapidly approaching midterms are not about the presidential election —— MORE THAN TWO YEARS AWAY —— although Barack Taqiyya is getting so much face time one would think the presidency is up for grabs this November. The way the media is covering the president and his disasters should tell everybody they are up to no good since he is not running for anything this year or in 2016.

David Catron should consider a second career as an industrial spy. I swear he had bugs planted in media editorial boardrooms:

In an obvious attempt to help the Democrats preserve their Senate majority, the “reporters” of the legacy news media have been hard at work promoting a new Obamacare meme. The Los Angeles Times assisted in the launch of this propaganda campaign early this month with a piece titled, “Obamacare loses some of its campaign punch for Republicans.”

XXXXX

. . . Democrats have worked so hard to frighten their base into turning out for the midterms in larger numbers than is their wont. It is why they have made so much of the fictitious “war on women.” It is why the Obama Justice Department and the Democrat governor of Missouri have deliberately exacerbated the racial tensions sparked by the Michael Brown shooting. And it is why their media enablers continue to concoct fables about Obamacare. But the voters need to keep their eyes on the prize. For the sake of the Republic, the Democrats need to be banished to the back benches of the Senate in November.

Obamacare Isn’t Going Away as Campaign Issue
Latest media meme is just as phony as its predecessors.
By David Catron – 8.25.14

http://spectator.org/articles/60305/obamacare-isn’t-going-away-campaign-issue

Forum List

Back