Congressional Leaders Agree on $1.3 Trillion Spending Bill

Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

If leftists didn't govern to RESTRICT growth of GDP -- THEY could spend a bit more too..

But you're right. One of things I detested about Trump in the campaign was his complete dismissal of deficits and debts. He said multiple times -- "we should take on MORE debt".. That's why I'm an active member of the Libertarians. Tired of the irresponsible fundamental fiscal mgt.

However --- with 25% of budget covering the bleeding from Medicare and SS deficits and another 20 to 30% just paying interest on the EXISTING debt --- ANY president is gonna run deficit budgets right now. If you're honest -- you'd have to agree. And the legacy of those things goes back 30 years or more. So I refuse to play partisan politics on something that inept, corrupt and aggregious. It's does nothing but Putin's work for him..
Revenues have very little to do with tax rates.

What affects revenues the most is the condition of the economy. This is another secret from which your propagandists divert your attention.

Arguing over whether tax cuts or tax increases affect revenues is a fool's game.

Here's a simple proof.

If you believe tax cuts increase revenues, then why not cut tax rates to zero?

Thus it is made clear that at some point tax cuts are harmful to revenues. Therefore, arguing for more and more tax cuts becomes destructive at some point.

If you are an "all tax cuts are good" kind of person, then you are a rube who has allowed yourself to be led off the reservation.

Conversely, if tax rates were 100 percent, then everyone would stop working.

Thus it is made clear that at some point tax hikes are harmful to revenues.

You are kept from thinking this way in order to prevent you from noticing tax expenditures are what's fricking killing us, NOT TAX RATES.

"If you believe tax cuts increase revenues, then why not cut tax rates to zero?"

Illogical extreme.

"If you are an "all tax cuts are good" kind of person, then you are a rube who has allowed yourself to be led off the reservation.

Thus it is made clear that at some point tax hikes are harmful to revenues."

More illogical extremes AND talking out of both sides of your mouth. NOBODY advocates NO taxation.

Tell me, if you LOWER tax rates do you decrease "revenues"?

The Gop's theology is that tax cuts are always good. It is what it is.

Perhaps they'd raise soc sec and medicare taxes

Show me where ANYONE in Gov advocates no taxes.

Here is Nunes explaining that every credit, deduction, and exemption is paid for by raising tax rates on everyone: No tax reform without border adjustment tax, Rep. Nunes says

"If people wanted to drop the corporate rate from 35 to say 33, 32, maybe 30, we could probably do it. But if you go back to several years that we looked at doing just that, the goal was to get to 25 percent, and by the time every lobbyist, every special interest group in town, representing every major corporation in this country, the tax rate was automatically all the way back above 30 by the time you put everybody's special loophole in."

Read that a hundred times if that is how much it takes for you to comprehend it.

Nunes sits on the House Ways and Means Committee. That's the committee responsible for taxation.

Nunes clearly states that every deduction, exemption, and credit is paid for by raising tax rates on everyone. That's why I call them government gifts, because they are. They are theft from someone else's pocket.

Nunes plainly stated the only way to RESPONSIBLY lower the corporate tax rate was to take away all those government gifts in the tax code. Take away all that theft.

But every time Nunes tried to do that, the special interest lobbyists would get the Congressmen they owned to put them back in, WHICH CAUSED THE TAX RATE TO BE INCREASED AGAIN.

So there you have it. What I have been telling you for years. There is a direct correlation between high tax rates and tax expenditures.

Eliminate all that theft, and we can lower tax rates for EVERYONE.

But your propagandists, who are owned by special interests, divert your attention away to "revenues vs. tax rates". So you never catch on to the real problem.

If leftists didn't govern to RESTRICT growth of GDP -- THEY could spend a bit more too..

But you're right. One of things I detested about Trump in the campaign was his complete dismissal of deficits and debts. He said multiple times -- "we should take on MORE debt".. That's why I'm an active member of the Libertarians. Tired of the irresponsible fundamental fiscal mgt.

However --- with 25% of budget covering the bleeding from Medicare and SS deficits and another 20 to 30% just paying interest on the EXISTING debt --- ANY president is gonna run deficit budgets right now. If you're honest -- you'd have to agree. And the legacy of those things goes back 30 years or more. So I refuse to play partisan politics on something that inept, corrupt and aggregious. It's does nothing but Putin's work for him..

What affects revenues the most is the condition of the economy. This is another secret from which your propagandists divert your attention.

Arguing over whether tax cuts or tax increases affect revenues is a fool's game.

Here's a simple proof.

Thus it is made clear that at some point tax cuts are harmful to revenues. Therefore, arguing for more and more tax cuts becomes destructive at some point.

If you are an "all tax cuts are good" kind of person, then you are a rube who has allowed yourself to be led off the reservation.

You are kept from thinking this way in order to prevent you from noticing tax expenditures are what's fricking killing us, NOT TAX RATES.

"If you believe tax cuts increase revenues, then why not cut tax rates to zero?"

Illogical extreme.

"If you are an "all tax cuts are good" kind of person, then you are a rube who has allowed yourself to be led off the reservation.

More illogical extremes AND talking out of both sides of your mouth. NOBODY advocates NO taxation.

"
G5000 said "If you are an "all tax cuts are good" kind of person, then you are a rube who has allowed yourself to be led off the reservation"
And he's correct that that is gop orthodoxy.

Here's a simple proof.

Illogical extreme.

"
G5000 said "If you are an "all tax cuts are good" kind of person, then you are a rube who has allowed yourself to be led off the reservation"

Both of you dodged the question. Show me where ANYONE in Gov advocates paying NO taxes.

Trump comes along and he is not happy with RESPONSIBLY lowering tax rates. Nunes explained you can lower the corporate tax rate by eliminating all the tax expenditures in the tax code, OR...barring that, you will have to increase taxes somewhere else to offset the lower corporate tax rate.

I really admired Nunes for that. He is a fiscal conservative who gets it.

But then he totally rolled. Trump didn't want to do things responsibly. Trump wanted to cut the corporate tax rate WITHOUT taking away the gravy boat from the thieves, and Nunes went along with it.

And that, boys and girls, is how your daddies and mommies went along with saddling you with another $1.5 trillion in debt.

Here's a simple proof.

Illogical extreme.

"

Both of you dodged the question. Show me where ANYONE in Gov advocates paying NO taxes.
No one advocates zero taxes. Comprehension fail.

$1.4 trillion.

That's how much wealth EVERY YEAR is being redistributed by the tax expenditure theft in the tax code.

That adds up to way more than our deficits. We could EASILY balance the budget simply by removing all that theft.

That's how we got to $20 trillion of debt. That is what your attention is being diverted from.

I don't know why I waste my time. The willfully blind won't ever get it. They don't want to even try.

Illogical extreme.

"

No one advocates zero taxes. Comprehension fail.

That's my point kid, that was your illogical extreme. Like I said, you like o talk out of both sides of your mouth. I won't allow that.

Here's a simple proof.

Illogical extreme.

"

Actually ALL OF YOU are dodging the very real reality that over 1/2 of working America currently PAYS NO Income taxes. So it IS condoned by mostly Dems, but the Republicans do the same thing. Adding MORE AND MORE non--tax paying citizens to the rolls all the fucking time.

When Obama couldn't give all those folks HIS tax break -- He stole from FICA taxes to GIVE them a refund out of that.

Sure thing Prof G.. Bookmark this page.. We'll meet back here on Aprils Fools 2019...
The moment Trump was sworn in, federal debt stood at $19,944,429,217,106.

At this moment, it stands at $21,042,521,830,053 and climbing!

We'll come back on April Fool's Day 2019 and check the debt. Then we can have a laugh about revenues and tax rates and what a fucking diversionary scam you fell for. :lol:

Illogical extreme.

"

Actually ALL OF YOU are dodging the very real reality that over 1/2 of working America currently PAYS NO Income taxes. So it IS condoned by mostly Dems, but the Republicans do the same thing. Adding MORE AND MORE non--tax paying citizens to the rolls all the fucking time.

When Obama couldn't give all those folks HIS tax break -- He stole from FICA taxes to GIVE them a refund out of that.

Actually the 800 lb Gorilla everyone avoids is that economy is in effect a "debt" economy. It drives EVERYTHING.

Sure thing Prof G.. Bookmark this page.. We'll meet back here on Aprils Fools 2019...
The moment Trump was sworn in, federal debt stood at $19,944,429,217,106.

At this moment, it stands at $21,042,521,830,053 and climbing!

We'll come back on April Fool's Day 2019 and check the debt. Then we can have a laugh about revenues and tax rates and what a fucking diversionary scam you fell for. :lol:

I fell for nothing. It's not my war. I'm just watching my country turned into a kindergarten riot while the teachers are in the break room.. But I'm DOING SOMETHING about it. Spending more time developing ballot access and CHOICES..

BTW -- THIS years budget isn't even Trump's. Don't fall for all those continuing resolutions. If the system WAS working, it would not be TRUMP'S budget until Sept of last year. That's why all this current POTUS shaming is Bull Crap.

There's an old saying at Univ of Fla... And here we are now...

making-a-difference-through-education-purpose-policy-practice-27-638.jpg

Sick sick sick sick.

McConnell and Ryan need to be replaced. Can Gingrich step in as Speaker?
I told you we should have elected Kasich. He's the only candidate who had actual experience balancing the federal budget.

Kasich is an idiot. We need to replace McConnell. He is a crook, and will destroy the Republican party and this country if it benefits himself or his cronies. The House passed the appropriations bills, but McConnell would not bring them up for a vote in the Senate.

Yes, there were some carve-outs for the uber wealthy in the tax Ponzi scheme. For example, they raised the ceiling for the estate tax.

I'm actually against the estate tax, though. That wealth has already been taxed, and someone should be allowed to pass on their money to whoever they choose without a penalty.

I believe in no deductions, credits, or exemptions. With a possible exception made for the EITC, which has proven to actually increase productivity.

Exemptions, credits, and exemptions are why our tax rates are so high, and why we have to borrow money from our enemies every year.

It is insane that two entities earning identical incomes are paying radically different amounts of tax, depending on whether or not they behaved the way the government pays them to behave.

Brother I agree with you about all of that except the EITC and that is because I do not really understand what it is. Yes expenditures have been the bane of this country!

Well sure, but a Tax Cut is not an "expenditure".

Pretty sure I never said it was, in fact I would like to see a big tax cut for all. But the elimination of expenditures for all. Hell they already took almost all of them from the middle class now take them from the corporations!

Tat is G's position, he thinks any "cuts" are "expenditures".

No he never has said tax cuts are expenditures, not even close. Cut taxes for all, but also get rid of all the write off. The fed will be able to pay it's bills as well as pay off the debt. Nope never heard him say tax cuts are expenditures.

The best way to tax America is for the congress to set the budget and then charge the states according to their populations. Let the states figure out how to tax their individual citizens. Repeal the 16th and 17th amendments, and return this country to the people.

Brother I agree with you about all of that except the EITC and that is because I do not really understand what it is. Yes expenditures have been the bane of this country!

Well sure, but a Tax Cut is not an "expenditure".

Pretty sure I never said it was, in fact I would like to see a big tax cut for all. But the elimination of expenditures for all. Hell they already took almost all of them from the middle class now take them from the corporations!

Tat is G's position, he thinks any "cuts" are "expenditures".

No he never has said tax cuts are expenditures, not even close. Cut taxes for all, but also get rid of all the write off. The fed will be able to pay it's bills as well as pay off the debt. Nope never heard him say tax cuts are expenditures.

The best way to tax America is for the congress to set the budget and then charge the states according to their populations. Let the states figure out how to tax their individual citizens. Repeal the 16th and 17th amendments, and return this country to the people.
Never looked at it like that, will have to investigate and get back with you.

Trump comes along and he is not happy with RESPONSIBLY lowering tax rates. Nunes explained you can lower the corporate tax rate by eliminating all the tax expenditures in the tax code, OR...barring that, you will have to increase taxes somewhere else to offset the lower corporate tax rate.

I really admired Nunes for that. He is a fiscal conservative who gets it.

But then he totally rolled. Trump didn't want to do things responsibly. Trump wanted to cut the corporate tax rate WITHOUT taking away the gravy boat from the thieves, and Nunes went along with it.

And that, boys and girls, is how your daddies and mommies went along with saddling you with another $1.5 trillion in debt.

Corporations don't pay taxes. They collect it from their customers in the form of higher prices for goods and service.

Our tax code is the primary mover of the DC swamp and changing it is the only way to drain the swamp. Contrary to some opinions, draining the swamp does not mean removing the alligators and snakes, it means removing the environment that those creatures thrive in. The tax code and regulatory structure are the swamp. Take them away, and the alligators and snakes will leave.

Forum List

Back