Congress to study cause of economic disaster

just give up and stop trying to fix anything that is wrong is your advice?

Spend 5 milllion for a biased group to blame it on the Republicans and Wall Street, fucking brilliant.............

Also, why spend $5M to study something we already know the answer to?

So that our infallible leaders can "prove" that it wasn't their fault and that nobody could have possibly seen our current situation coming.

Glen Beck saw it coming.. he said so in 2007 and he dosen't have a college education, so why didn't the highly educated asshole congresscritters see it? doyathink?

So that our infallible leaders can "prove" that it wasn't their fault and that nobody could have possibly seen our current situation coming.

Glen Beck saw it coming.. he said so in 2007 and he dosen't have a college education, so why didn't the highly educated asshole congresscritters see it? doyathink?

Congressman Ron Paul and other Austrian economists saw it coming. As to the others, they believe the boom-period of the business cycle is normal and that the bust is wrong. It's the exact opposite. The boom is false, and the bust is the market trying to return to normal.

Glenn Beck sees everything coming.

If I thought they'd actually honestly look at the problem rather than hunt scape gates I be all for it. But Nancy and Harry ain't interested in the facts - those point in the wrong direction - they want to find someone to blameso the people won't find out that they are as much responisble for this nonsense as anyone else. And frankly given that this was driven by a mortgage melt down that happened because of local building codes and attempts by the feds to keep the mortgage companies and home builders, upon which so much of our economy has depended since WWII, afloat, there isn't a hell of a lot they can do about it constitutionally. But since that means they don't get ot be the hero they aren't going to be interested in even bringing it up.

And we don't care what you think, because you probably defended the GOP when all this shit was happening.

I bet you were in favor of Ken Starr's expensive investigation into Clinton getting a blowjob.

And most of those guys, including Bob Barr, had a mistress too. What a bunch of hypocrites.

PS. The Dems haven't gotten corrupt yet. Give them some time.

Since the purpose of forums is to express what one thinks or can relate as information to others, you are equally entitled to not care what I think. But let's go on.

I did not in anyway whatsoever defend the GOP. Slammed Bush 43 whenever the opportunity arose and still do. I am on this forum all over the place on this point.

Clinton was a narcissist man-child who flaunted his arrogance and violated the dignity of his office. WTF cares about him. Most of the members in both parties are disgusting and have been corrupt since they were in existence.

You need to get off your high horse and start to look around.

I agree with Clinton. But I agree because I know the facts.

You already can prove Reed and Pelosi & Webb and Obama are corrupt?

So far you guys have made me sour about 2 Democrats. Webb and Rockafellor.

And the GOP were being controlled/run by Tom Delay, one of the biggest scumbags to ever run for politics.

Let me know when the Dems have an Abramoff type scandal where the majority of them are bad.

And let me know when Obama breaks the law and us liberals defend him.

Remember, Democrats voted to impeach Clinton for lying. What did the GOP do to Bush other than defend him, and then distance themselves from him in the months leading up to the election. Before that, they defended him for 7.9 years.

PS. Nothing I say is meant to stop you from expressing your opinion, even when I say it isn't worth shit, I still want to hear it.

NOT A SINGLE SENATOR in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY VOTED to IMPEACH CLINTON. Lying DUMB ASS. And the vote in the house was almost the same.

You could at least not blatantly LIE when it is easily checked.

Bill Clinton, President of the United States was impeached by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998, and acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999. The charges, perjury, obstruction of justice, and abuse of power arose from the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the Paula Jones law suit. The trial proceedings were largely party-line, with no Democratic Senators voting for conviction and only five Democratic Representatives voting to impeach. In all, 55 senators voted not guilty, and 45 voted guilty on the perjury charge. The Senate also acquitted on the charge of obstruction, with 50 votes cast as not guilty, and 50 votes as guilty.[1] It was only the second impeachment of a President in American history, following the impeachment of Andrew Johnson in 1868.

Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shall I find more for you? 5 Democrats in the HOUSE and NONE in the Senate, yet YOU claim Democrats voted to Impeach Bill Clinton. You are either ignorant as hell, LYING through your ass , both, or you just thought no one would notice your idiotic claim.

Its a very small price to pay to understand how not to let this happen again.

Economists know why bubbles and busts happen...

They just choose to ignore to benefit politically.

Blowing Bubbles - Doug French - Mises Institute

If a solution was that you can't rob people of the value of their dollar, and you can only live within your means, would Congress really want to abide by that?

Five million dollars is one hell of a lot of money for a whitewash.

They must have a no-bid contractor already lined up...probably some scholar from another county, too.

You know how scholars in this nation expect to make a living wage and all.

don't let congress vote to deregulate the banking industry again.....and don't let presidents sign those votes into law....

Because not a single regulation in the 73,000 pages of regulations could have an unintended effect. :cuckoo: We must take our marching orders from King George as to how to spend and invest our money.

The branch of government that needs regulation is the Federal Reserve. Why do we let it, and banks through fractional reserve banking, inflate the money supply at will? That seems to be our undoing, and yet, no one seems to be overly concerned with that.

don't let congress vote to deregulate the banking industry again.....and don't let presidents sign those votes into law....

The banking industry is not unregulated. There are new regulations coming down the pike all the time. There are so many of these things that most banks have compliance officers who do little more than assure that the bank is following the regulations.

One of these sets of regulations was intended to allow people who otherwise could not afford a home to buy one with less than good credit histories. This was a regulation from government that banks followed. Unsurprisingly, the result was that home loans were made to people who could not afford to pay for them.

The fault here is not with the banks, but with the folks that REGULATE the banks.

The banks are now being very circumspect in choosing the folks to whom they will lend to avoid a repeat performance and guess what? The government is telling them to loosen the review process.

What has to happen for a government employee to learn something?

I'm guessing that this investigation will not find the Fed accountable whatsoever, which will mean that the $5 million is completely wasted. They could save the $5 million and go buy a copy of Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse by Thomas Woods at their local Borders for much cheaper. I'd even be willing to donate my copy to them.
That is a great idea! I'd put in some for the mailing cost.

Forum List

Back