Congress to study cause of economic disaster

You won't be able to call us conspiwocy thewist anymowa wiwwow.

You won't be able to say it was Freddy & Fanny. You'll soon learn that the GOP wrecked the economy by sending jobs overseas, then caused the housing crash, then cooked the books, then changed bankruptsy laws, etc.

You know what? You probably don't vote anyways, so why am I telling you.

congress voted over the past 30 years to slowly deregulate the banking industry and past presidents signed those deregulations into law......

don't do that again......

please send the 5 million to me....

I do not believe a single intention expressed by the Congress about "what happened". Most of them are political criminals and want nothing more than to shine the light away from the dark corners they occupy.

• Banned
Its a very small price to pay to understand how not to let this happen again.

congress voted over the past 30 years to slowly deregulate the banking industry and past presidents signed those deregulations into law......

don't do that again......

please send the 5 million to me....

Yes, it started with Reagan. Elizabeth Warren explained it perfectly. Before the Great Depression, every 10 years the US saw huge up's and down's. So then they put in regulations and we had 50 years of slow steady growth. We had recessions, but nothing major. Then 30 years ago they started removing regulations and we started seeing trouble again. First the Keating 5 S&L scandal in the 80's, which McCain was a part of. Then we found that companies like Enron were cooking their books, etc.

Some people make a fortune when things are deregulated. Most people lose. Speculators. Short sellers. CEO's. They all made a lot of money under Deregulations, but more lost.

So do you want to go back to 50 years of prosperity or every 10 years have a major financial meltdown. Good luck having a 401K with option B.

PS. How many years have the GOP had the White House.

Reagan 8
Bush 1 for 4
Clinton 8
Bush 8

That's 24 run by the GOP and 8 by the Dems.

We know that Clinton allowed the Newt/Dole Congress in the 90's Deregulate too, so damn him for that, but remember, the GOP are the ones who pushed for it.

I do not believe a single intention expressed by the Congress about "what happened". Most of them are political criminals and want nothing more than to shine the light away from the dark corners they occupy.

And we don't care what you think, because you probably defended the GOP when all this shit was happening.

I bet you were in favor of Ken Starr's expensive investigation into Clinton getting a blowjob.

And most of those guys, including Bob Barr, had a mistress too. What a bunch of hypocrites.

PS. The Dems haven't gotten corrupt yet. Give them some time.

And we don't care what you think, because you probably defended the GOP when all this shit was happening.

I bet you were in favor of Ken Starr's expensive investigation into Clinton getting a blowjob.

And most of those guys, including Bob Barr, had a mistress too. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Since the purpose of forums is to express what one thinks or can relate as information to others, you are equally entitled to not care what I think. But let's go on.

I did not in anyway whatsoever defend the GOP. Slammed Bush 43 whenever the opportunity arose and still do. I am on this forum all over the place on this point.

Clinton was a narcissist man-child who flaunted his arrogance and violated the dignity of his office. WTF cares about him. Most of the members in both parties are disgusting and have been corrupt since they were in existence.

You need to get off your high horse and start to look around.

You won't be able to call us conspiwocy thewist anymowa wiwwow.

You won't be able to say it was Freddy & Fanny. You'll soon learn that the GOP wrecked the economy by sending jobs overseas, then caused the housing crash, then cooked the books, then changed bankruptsy laws, etc.

You know what? You probably don't vote anyways, so why am I telling you.

don't know,, ask bawney! whydonchya?

Since the purpose of forums is to express what one thinks or can relate as information to others, you are equally entitled to not care what I think. But let's go on.

I did not in anyway whatsoever defend the GOP. Slammed Bush 43 whenever the opportunity arose and still do. I am on this forum all over the place on this point.

Clinton was a narcissist man-child who flaunted his arrogance and violated the dignity of his office. WTF cares about him. Most of the members in both parties are disgusting and have been corrupt since they were in existence.

I agree with Clinton. But I agree because I know the facts.

You already can prove Reed and Pelosi & Webb and Obama are corrupt?

So far you guys have made me sour about 2 Democrats. Webb and Rockafellor.

And the GOP were being controlled/run by Tom Delay, one of the biggest scumbags to ever run for politics.

Let me know when the Dems have an Abramoff type scandal where the majority of them are bad.

And let me know when Obama breaks the law and us liberals defend him.

Remember, Democrats voted to impeach Clinton for lying. What did the GOP do to Bush other than defend him, and then distance themselves from him in the months leading up to the election. Before that, they defended him for 7.9 years.

PS. Nothing I say is meant to stop you from expressing your opinion, even when I say it isn't worth shit, I still want to hear it.

I'm guessing that this investigation will not find the Fed accountable whatsoever, which will mean that the $5 million is completely wasted. They could save the $5 million and go buy a copy of Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse by Thomas Woods at their local Borders for much cheaper. I'd even be willing to donate my copy to them.

I agree with Clinton. But I agree because I know the facts.

You already can prove Reed and Pelosi & Webb and Obama are corrupt?

So far you guys have made me sour about 2 Democrats. Webb and Rockafellor.

And the GOP were being controlled/run by Tom Delay, one of the biggest scumbags to ever run for politics.

Let me know when the Dems have an Abramoff type scandal where the majority of them are bad.

And let me know when Obama breaks the law and us liberals defend him.

Remember, Democrats voted to impeach Clinton for lying. What did the GOP do to Bush other than defend him, and then distance themselves from him in the months leading up to the election. Before that, they defended him for 7.9 years.

PS. Nothing I say is meant to stop you from expressing your opinion, even when I say it isn't worth shit, I still want to hear it.

Well that is refreshing. Nonetheless, the American political class is corrupt in its structure and the players chose to play it. You may want to assume everyone, or whoever you decide, is innocent to begin with. When it comes to the political class, I have the exact opposite view.

Forum List

Back