Congress to pass $9.7 of the Sandy relief bill today, 01/04/2013

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
House to take up Sandy aid bill on Friday - David Rogers - POLITICO.com
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A $9.7 billion measure to pay flood insurance claims is set for a vote in Congress, boosting prospects for relief for the many home and business owners flooded out by Superstorm Sandy.

If the House, as expected, approves the flood insurance proposal on Friday, the Senate plans to follow with a likely uncontested vote later in the day.

I will be following this bill throughout the day and will update this thread as it makes its way through the House and the Senate. Please give thoughts and flames as need be.

Starting out with nearly 10 billion in funding is both responsible and prudent. It is certainly better than throwing 60 billion up in the air and hoping that it lands where it is needed.

I doubt Christy will be satisfied no matter what..

He'll be in front of the cameras whining

From his statement yesterday I believe he will be very pleased if the bill passes today. 100%? Of course not. I would like him, as well as Schmer, and King, to stand in front of a mike at the end of the day but expect he, they, won't. King might.

From his statement yesterday I believe he will be very pleased if the bill passes today. 100%? Of course not. I would like him, as well as Schmer, and King, to stand in front of a mike at the end of the day but expect he, they, won't. King might.

yeah you CARE so much for the people of Sandy..
You are nothing but transparent

yeah you CARE so much for the people of Sandy..
You are nothing but transparent

And just what do I CARE about?
Yes, just call me Casper the friendly ghost. (Like my avatar?)

Rep. Pallone stated that his understanding is that the Senate is mired in filibuster debate for the next three weeks. There is also a week long break coming up at some point.

I have not heard any word from the Senate how they will take up this bill once the House passes it.

(I am way behind on viewing delay.)

Issa says he wants to readdress the $51B. Some agreement seems to be with him from his side. Have see how Boehner addresses Issa's concerns.

Via a comment by moderator on C-SPAN.

The conservative Club for Growth said Friday that it will punish House members who voted for a flood insurance measure aimed at helping pay for Hurricane Sandy’s damage.

The Club will “key-vote” the measure, using it to compile an annual rating for each lawmaker.

The House on Thursday morning approved the $9.7-billion increase in funding for the National Flood Insurance Program. The bill passed easily in a bipartisan 354-67 vote.

Read more: Club for Growth will punish members voting for Sandy flood aid - The Hill's On The Money

(I am on so much 'tape' delay the vote is currently occurring.)

Is the federal reserve printing up this money, or are we borrowing it from a foreign nation?

Congress to pass $9.7 of the Sandy relief bill today, 01/04/2013

I'm not sure nine Dollars and seventy cents will be enough.

Forum List

Back