Congress to Automakers: No Plan, No Money

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WASHINGTON — Congressional leaders told Detroit's Big Three automakers Thursday that they have until Dec. 2 to submit a plan to Congress on how they will use billions of taxpayer funds to bring their companies from the brink of destruction.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House and Senate would hold hearings as necessary the week and move forward with a vote on a loan package the following week if the plan proved logical and able to be done.

Reid said the auto industry executives that testified on Capitol Hill this week did not "convince the Congress or the American people that this bailout will be their last" or stop the bleeding from the troubled industry.

FOXNews.com - Congress to Automakers: No Plan, No Money - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

This should also have been done to the money lenders.

They need to be told that this is a loan, not a bailout. If their plan to get their houses in order doesn't cut it, then no money until it does.

If you tell someone that you will shoot them if they don't do what you tell them to do and they believe you, they will do what you tell them.

If you keep telling them to do something and never hold them accountable they will do what they want and not necessarily what you want.

It's like gravity. When you trip, you fall down and go bang. People know they can't fool gravity, so they follow the rules of gravity.

We didn't hold the money lenders accountable and now they are using the money the way they want not the way it was intended.

WASHINGTON — Congressional leaders told Detroit's Big Three automakers Thursday that they have until Dec. 2 to submit a plan to Congress on how they will use billions of taxpayer funds to bring their companies from the brink of destruction.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House and Senate would hold hearings as necessary the week and move forward with a vote on a loan package the following week if the plan proved logical and able to be done.

Reid said the auto industry executives that testified on Capitol Hill this week did not "convince the Congress or the American people that this bailout will be their last" or stop the bleeding from the troubled industry.

FOXNews.com - Congress to Automakers: No Plan, No Money - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

:clap2: :clap2:

Well, considering what Paulson's definition of a bank is, as well as all the shady deals that have come to light about the bailout bill, none of this stuff that those bozos on the hill are doing is going to work.

They're only trying to bail out their friends and leaving the rest of us to twist at the bottom.

Funny thing that Paulson was the CEO of Goldman Sacks just about two years ago. Now he is going to fix it.:eusa_whistle:

Funny thing that Paulson was the CEO of Goldman Sacks just about two years ago. Now he is going to fix it.:eusa_whistle:

And one of the Big 3 exec's said he would work for nothing. I thought that was mighty white of him until I found out he got a $200 million dollar retirement package from Home Depot.

PS. Totally kidding about the might white thing. I heard that on Dirty Harry last night.

What's even stranger, is that they were lionizing Paulson as the smartest person on Wall St.

Funny how things can prove you wrong, no matter how loudly you cry out that you know better. The economic meltdown is just one example of the incompetence of this admin.

The more the building keeps falling down, the more I wonder how the hell we lasted this long with these dofuses in charge.

No one really understands the total economic system to the extent they have a real fix for it, and more and more of the Super CEOs are proving to be dunces in economics with the exception of their bonuses.

The more the building keeps falling down, the more I wonder how the hell we lasted this long with these dofuses in charge.

No one really understands the total economic system to the extent they have a real fix for it, and more and more of the Super CEOs are proving to be dunces in economics with the exception of their bonuses.

This is the one simple truth I have gleaned from the whole entire supermess we find ourselves in...

"If it's too big to fail, it probably should not exist."

Forum List

Back