Congress strikes word 'lunatic' from US laws

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
WASHINGTON — Americans may be forgiven for calling their lawmakers "lunatics" given the partisanship that has consumed Washington, but that term will no longer be allowed in laws promulgated by Congress.
The House of Representatives voted 398-1 on Wednesday to strike the word "lunatic" from all federal legislation.
With the Senate having approved the measure earlier this year, the bill now goes to President Barack Obama for his signature.

AFP: Congress strikes word 'lunatic' from US laws

"The lone vote against the measure was cast by Republican Louie Gohmert, who told The Hill newspaper that he believes the word has a place in current political discourse.
"In fact, it occurred to me that not only should we not... eliminate the term 'lunatic' at a time when we are facing national bankruptcy if we don't get serious about our issues, but we should also use the term to identify those who want to continue doing business as usual around this town," Gohmert said."

Not too often I agree with Republicans, but on this one I agree with him 100% and to the 30 something other Congressmen/women who didn't go to vote on this. So while in session which has been a very seldom these days, with both sides being miles apart and on the verge of going off the fiscal cliff, these sons-of-bitches went, waited to actually vote in person on this one.

Big fucking waste of taxpayer's dollars

Forum List

Back