Congress Strikes Deal to Fund Government…For Now

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Trajan, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    The republicans are just as compromising as Obama was about the debt ceiling under Bush. Fact of the matter is Obama ran off getting spending under control so this should be a fully non partisan issue, Obama should be more than willing to get things done when it comes to the debt ceiling and the deficit.

Republicans are doing a great job on holding Obama accountable, Dems did a horrible job holding Bush accountable after they won over the house and Senate. These are very important points I’m making because the Dems AND the Republicans mainly ran on getting spending under control, meaning voters both Democratic and Republican as well as independents voted in 2006 and then again in 2010 for the Party that they believed would do that job.

2. IGetItAlready

IGetItAlready BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Aside from announcing that the Senate will not be voting on any budget proposal before (fill in the blank), what the hell has Harry Reid done since his inexplicable win in '10?

3. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    Can you provide a link to any budget the Dems have put up that without a doubt get the debt under control in less than 6,000 years? No I don’t really mean 6k years, but how about under 10? The issue is most of the Dems “ideas” were over like 50 years, that’s just unrealistic that every administration will follow their plan, that no disasters, no wars, no nothing costly will happen and push that date back.

I know Rand Paul had a budget that would run a surplus of 18 billion in something like 5 years or less, why didn’t Obama even mention that budget? Instead Obama’s compromise was to put his name on a budget that was one of the worst in US history.

Do you know how frustrating it is to watch a President over and over claim he is like omfgz uber smart yet makes the wrong choice at near every single possible opportunity? At least Bush could laff at himself, Bush didn't say "the democrats made me do eet!" over and over.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    Held up like every Republican bill that made it passed the house then claim Reps are the ones holding the country hostage. Sure both parties are doing it, but at least the Republicans admit it and give a reason why, Dems are still pretending they are actually working.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Vidi

Vidi CDZ prohibited

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +343
    No, sorry, I agree with everything you said except the "at least the Republicans admit it" part. That is just false.

Show me a quote where Boehner said We're going to block everything, and Ill concede the point.

Yes, the Dems are doing in the Sentae what the Republicans are doing in the House...but NEITHER is admitting it/ Theyre BOTH blaming the other side.