Congress should give tax credits to those who earn over $200,000 per year!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The Bush Tax cut should be allowed to expire, but, those who earn over $200,000 per year ought to receive a dollar for dollar tax credit for each employee they hire, as well as a tax dediction for the health care insurance they provide.
If those who earn $200,000 per year don't hire anyone, fuck them!
What say you echo chamber?

Last edited:
Stupid idea.

Businesses aren't going to trust that such tax credits are permanent; at some point, they would have to fully absorb the costs of the employees. This is a bait and switch maneuver which won't fool anyone competent enough to run a successful business.

Businesses hire when they see real opportunities based upon increasing demand. Big Government / parasite types view hiring as just spending that can be subsidized by someone else.

• Banned
Stupid idea.

Businesses aren't going to trust that such tax credits are permanent; at some point, they would have to fully absorb the costs of the employees. This is a bait and switch maneuver which won't fool anyone competent enough to run a successful business.

Businesses hire when they see real opportunities based upon increasing demand. Big Government / parasite types view hiring as just spending that can be subsidized by someone else.

Read slowly and very carefully. The Republican argument for extending the Bush Tax cuts is premised by the 'fact' (platitude) that those who earn $200,000 per year create jobs. Those who do, and can prove that they do (by hiring records) ought to get a tax credit.
Do I need to post this in all caps or in bold type for your to understand?
Those who don't, should pay their fair share of taxes. Fair share can be debated on another thread.

Last edited:
Clearly you don't understand rational thinking or behavior.

The Bush Tax cut should be allowed to expire, but, those who earn over $200,000 per year ought to receive a dollar for dollar tax credit for each employee they hire, as well as a tax dediction for the health care insurance they provice.
If those who earn $200,000 per year don't hire anyone, fuck them!
What say you echo chamber?

I like the sentiment, but am dubious about the tactic.

What we really need is a fundamental reorganization of our economy beginning with eliminating the federal reserve.

Since that won't happen anything we do is pretty much doomed to ultimately fail.

But the way our economy is structured, esp the ways in which government shares domain with the economy is fully and desperately dysfunctional.

Of course the full employment of total war would revive our economy without our having to endure the hardships involved in truly reforming our economy.

That certainly explains the people who voted for Obama, but there are others of us capable of cognitive thought and logic.

• Banned
Pretty pathetic...even for Wry Catcher.

You really need a life kid!

Even in all caps and bold type you wouldn't understand Zander. I'm not a 'kid', but your use of pejoratives and condesending language proves you're an asshole. Not understanding the post proves too that you qualify as a stupid asshole.

That certainly explains the people who voted for Obama, but there are others of us capable of cognitive thought and logic.

no insult intended, but like I said, self deception. ^^^

Cognitive thought and rationalization are servants of our selfish genes.

logic is hugely over rated.

In your case, you're probably correct. If you think of yourself as an unthinking piece of meat, then so be it. It's not worth my time conversing with such. Adios.

In your case, you're probably correct. If you think of yourself as an unthinking piece of meat, then so be it. It's not worth my time conversing with such. Adios.

It truly makes me laugh to read your comments on congnitive thought and logic, boedicca. Anyone capable of active listening skills listening to Beck or Palin, Gingrich or Limbaugh, you or Zander, CrusaderFrank, Stephanie, Oddude, et al recognize right off demagoguery and emotion.
I wonder, are you a liar, or delusional? I suspect both.

Oh we all think.

We just do it as a secondary function in service to our selfish needs for survival and procreation and pecking order, in approx that order.

Only humans can, or need to, engage in the brutal slaughter of millions under the guise of "serving God" or some other bullshit self glorifying rationalization.

Strip away our veneer of sanctimony and we are just like every other beast.

many of those also think, btw. It is even possible that a few of those are actually smarter than we are.

WC (what an appropriate abbreviation!):

I don't watch Beck, find Palin grating, rarely listen to Gingrich, and never listen to Limbaugh.

It's beyond your cognitive abilities to grasp that fact that other people can read, think, and form their own views - hardly a surprise at that.

WC (what an appropriate abbreviation!):

I don't watch Beck, find Palin grating, rarely listen to Gingrich, and never listen to Limbaugh.

It's beyond your cognitive abilities to grasp that fact that other people can read, think, and form their own views - hardly a surprise at that.

I'm quite award that others read, think and form their own views; sadly the set of RW fringers (of which you are a member) rarely think critically. Most of you simply repeat Republican platitudes and/or RW propaganda.
Now, I'm not being condesending, I'm simply posting facts in evidence. Go back and read the posts of CrusaderFrank, Stephanie, oddude, Lonestar.logic(sic), Si modo, et al and your own.

You cannot tax individual incomes based upon the activities of a corporation or limited liability company.

Stupid idea.

Read slowly and very carefully. The Republican argument for extending the Bush Tax cuts is premised by the 'fact' (platitude) that those who earn $200,000 per year create jobs. Those who do, and can prove that they do (by hiring records) ought to get a tax credit.
Do I need to post this in all caps or in bold type for your to understand?
Those who don't, should pay their fair share of taxes. Fair share can be debated on another thread.

The point boedicca was making is that a credit is no good because hiring someone is a long term financial commitment and the credit is not long term savings.

The reduction in tax RATE is what incentivizes hiring because the savings is long term to coincide with the hiring expense.

In an economy like this, no smart business owner is going to fall for a credit.

Maybe those making over $200,000 a year shouldn't pay any taxes at all. Afterall, they're the econmic engine while the rest of us at best are just a lot parasitic workers who don't contribute a fucking thing.

Forum List

Back