Congress scared of obama's healthcare

JimJones

May 21, 2009
Tampa,Fl
This morning thanks to Fox News I was able to see an interview with Republican of Louisiana, John Fleming. Congressman Fleming is proposing a Resolution to be attached to Obama’s Healthcare bill. Currently he is saying that the Obama Healthcare plan allows Congress to stay on their hybrid gold plan, which allows them to pick a plan basically from any private insurance company. His Resolution is to ask Congress to put their money where their mouth and become a member of the Obama healthcare plan themselves.

Currently 44 Republicans have signed on. Fleming and his staff have called every Democrat in the House, not one agreed to this Resolution.

Per his website at Congressman John Fleming : Home – Over the past few weeks, members of Congress and the American people have come to know the details of the Administration’s proposed health care plan. Call it whatever you like, I believe this proposal is nothing more than government-run health care. As a physician, I am amazed at the number of bureaucrats in this House who are quick to claim a government-run health care plan is the reform this country needs. In response to this, I have offered a resolution that will offer members of Congress an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is, and urge their colleagues who vote for legislation creating a government-run health care plan to lead by example and enroll themselves in the same public plan.

Under the current draft of the Democrat healthcare legislation, members of Congress are curiously exempt from the government-run health care option, keeping their existing health plans and services on Capitol Hill. If Members of Congress believe so strongly that government-run health care is the best solution for hard working American families, I think it only fitting that Americans see them lead the way. Public servants should always be accountable and responsible for what they are advocating, and I challenge the American people to demand this from their representatives.

Together we will work to ensure that any plan that is good enough is for American families is good enough for every member of Congress.

View Resolution

If you would like to download a letter of support for House Resolution 615 to send to your representative click here.

To see a list of Representatives who currently support H. Res 615, click here.

Write a letter to your Congressperson and tell them to put up or shut up.

I say if it’s not good enough for Congress it’s not good enough for me and my family.

WE EXPECT MORE!

Source: Fox News, John Fleming, Fleming.house.gov

-JimJones

http://twitter.com/borderlineiq.com

Forum List

Back