CDZ Congress Says, Let the Mentally Ill Buy Guns

You just said that it is!

no I didn't

I said an UNJUSTIFIABLE killing is called murder
a justifiable killing is not murder
Homicide. The statistics... Still waiting.

yeah and? I have no obligation to look up statistics for you

We already know how many murders there are every year
:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Then your argument a thousand posts ago was invalid.. :eusa_clap: and now you say, I don't have to prove it. Well no, but you sure cantclaim to know the result.

No you think it's invalid

a gun is used 1.5 million times a year by civilians to prevent a crime

there are less than 300 justifiable killing in self defense

that means a gun is used 1,499,700 times in self defense where no one is killed
No it doesn't because there are still the unjustifiable killings. Unless you claim that when used 1,499,700 times it is possible no one died. And the others were right to kill.

CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’

“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,”

Or IOW a gun is the most effective tool for self defense
Effective in what sense?

no I didn't

I said an UNJUSTIFIABLE killing is called murder
a justifiable killing is not murder

Then your argument a thousand posts ago was invalid.. :eusa_clap: and now you say, I don't have to prove it. Well no, but you sure cantclaim to know the result.

No it doesn't because there are still the unjustifiable killings. Unless you claim that when used 1,499,700 times it is possible no one died. And the others were right to kill.

so you think you can stop ALL killings by telling law abiding people they can't carry a gun for self defense?

and I didn't say "it's possible no one died" I said that there are less than 300 justifiable killings a year that means actually killing in self defense all the other times a gun was determined to have been used in self defense no one was killed

“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,”

Effective in what sense?

my god can you not read?

consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,”

Effective in what sense?

my god can you not read?

consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,”
First of all, injury rate is not what I was looking for but death rates. Second of all, not numbers. Consistently leaves a bit room for guessing.

so you think you can stop ALL killings by telling law abiding people they can't carry a gun for self defense?

and I didn't say "it's possible no one died" I said that there are less than 300 justifiable killings a year that means actually killing in self defense all the other times a gun was determined to have been used in self defense no one was killed
If one overrated the danger and kills another it is neither justifiable nor does it leave the dead merely injured.

If one overrated the danger and kills another it is neither justifiable nor does it leave the dead merely injured.

and that would come out in the investigation.

if you use a gun in self defense you have to prove it was self defense. If you fail to prove that then it is called murder or manslaughter and you get sentenced

You really need to familiarize yourself with the law as it pertains to self defense

if you use a gun in self defense you have to prove it was self defense. If you fail to prove that then it is called murder or manslaughter and you get sentenced

You really need to familiarize yourself with the law as it pertains to self defense
=the amount of people killed unnecessarily.

so you basically don't think killing another person in self defense is ever justified

so you basically don't think killing another person in self defense is ever justified
As I've alread said, only if it is necessary.

and you never think it's necessary

:rolleyes-41:Well thought through...

If you're about to be killed of sevey injured. But this cannot be a mere view point. It must be a fact.

:rolleyes-41:Well thought through...

If you're about to be killed of sevey injured. But this cannot be a mere view point. It must be a fact.

how can a woman prove a man was going to beat her enough to severely injure or kill her before she pulls the trigger?

all she needs is the reasonable fear that she will be severely injured or killed

as I said you need to familiarize yourself with the law as it pertains to self defense

Forum List

Back