Congress Recieves Iran Deal

we%2Bsurrender.jpg

I don't know why they would bother to send it to Congress, they're gonna do whatever they want anyway.

I hope Congress dutifully critiques it and if it is the stinking turd I'm sure it is, rejects it.

I hope Congress dutifully critiques it and if it is the stinking turd I'm sure it is, rejects it.

They can reject it, then the dear leader will veto, the dems won't override it. Can you say done deal?
Further in the article I linked, it talks about Obama taking (out of the norm) some key democrats golfing this weekend
:eusa_shhh:

Well look at the upside, Iran will flood the market with oil to get cash quickly and gas prices will fall for a while. Of course it will kill the US oil industry, another win-win for Iran.

You people need to understand that this is not just a US/Iranian deal. Congress can act like assholes all they want but that will just mean we have no leverage when Iran rejoins the international community. You think China or Russia give a fuck if they have a nuclear weapon? There's money to be made and oil to pump, nothing is going to prevent it and all congress can do is make sure we do not have a piece of the action or a potential ally in what is sure to be a very long fight against ISIS.

You people need to understand that this is not just a US/Iranian deal. Congress can act like assholes all they want but that will just mean we have no leverage when Iran rejoins the international community. You think China or Russia give a fuck if they have a nuclear weapon? There's money to be made and oil to pump, nothing is going to prevent it and all congress can do is make sure we do not have a piece of the action or a potential ally in what is sure to be a very long fight against ISIS.

This "deal" is reminiscence of Neville Chamberlain telling the world that because Germany promised to be good that their will be "peace" in their lifetimes.

Once the oil flows and the money is resumed with the sanctions lifted Iran will be the dominate regional political, economic and religious power. What could possibly go wrong with that scenario?

This stupid deal has most likely assured war and conflict in the Middle East for the next generation, if not longer.

Obama is a world class dumbass, just like Neville Chamberlain.

Obama is arguably the worst POTUS ever and that is saying a lot, since most were terrible. But, this Iran deal is not an example of his corrupt lying nature. He desires some credit for trying to avoid war.

Dr. Paul has it right...
Last week’s successfully concluded Iran agreement is one of the two most important achievements of an otherwise pretty dismal Obama presidency. Along with the ongoing process of normalizing relations with Cuba, this move shows that diplomacy can produce peaceful, positive changes. It also shows that sometimes taking a principled position means facing down overwhelming opposition from all sides and not backing down. The president should be commended for both of these achievements.

The agreement has reduced the chance of a US attack on Iran, which is a great development. But the interventionists will not give up so easily. Already they are organizing media and lobbying efforts to defeat the agreement in Congress. Will they have enough votes to over-ride a presidential veto of their rejection of the deal? It is unlikely, but at this point if the neocons can force the US out of the deal it may not make much difference. about going back to the days of a trade embargo? Which will support an attack on an Iran that has proven to be an important trading partner and has also proven reasonable in allowing intrusive inspections of its nuclear energy program?

Forum List

Back