Congress planning MASSIVE stimulus package

I'm sorry, I do like a lot of what Ron Paul stood for. I just thought his defense policy ran contrary to a lot of his other positions. Maybe I wrote him off too soon.

How did it run contrary?

We are surely going to need something to stimulate the economy, folks.

It's broken, you know.

It will stimulate itself, given time. Same mistakes are being made now as FDR made in 1933.....that did nothing but prolong the Depression....

I don't know, surely mistakes were made in the war's execution. However, we have remained safe and that is in no small part due to our military and our leadership.

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation.

Our safety has nothing to do with the war, and everything to do with our opponents not being able to get incredibly lucky like that again. It seems to me that a terrorist with funding and training and the ability to get to america is not going to get sidetracked and go to Iraq, he is going to stay on target if he can. We're not dealing with charging bulls; we can't just wave a red cape to distract them.

Want to feel safe? Allow airlines to arm pilots with tazers and restrict muslim immigration, problem solved. It amazes me that we chose a multi-trillion dollar war and constitution shredding over ruffling some politically incorrect feathers.

It seems to me there are two choices. Let the economy fail and lose our power as the world leader or step in and keep the economy from failing and keep our status as the world leader.

I like the second option.

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation.

Our safety has nothing to do with the war, and everything to do with our opponents not being able to get incredibly lucky like that again. It seems to me that a terrorist with funding and training and the ability to get to america is not going to get sidetracked and go to Iraq, he is going to stay on target if he can. We're not dealing with charging bulls; we can't just wave a red cape to distract them.

Want to feel safe? Allow airlines to arm pilots with tazers and restrict muslim immigration, problem solved. It amazes me that we chose a multi-trillion dollar war and constitution shredding over ruffling some politically incorrect feathers.

I couldn't agree more on the immigration issue.

But I do disagree with your statement that our safety has nothing to do with the war. In spite of all the "Bush is Stupid" propaganda, I don't underestimate the strategy that was employed in fighting a war on terror, which is a concept and not a people. It was through military and human intelligence that we essentially disrupted their ability to plan another attack.

How did it run contrary?

Not that they ran contrary to anything he said or did. They just seemed to run contrary to what I would expect from him based on some of his other views. Ok, I'll say it, he completely lost me when he promoted the view that 9/11 was an inside job.

It will stimulate itself, given time. Same mistakes are being made now as FDR made in 1933.....that did nothing but prolong the Depression....

So I keep reading from you folks who believe that to be true.

Do feel free to explain to me how FDR prolonged the depression.

Be specific now.

Not that they ran contrary to anything he said or did. They just seemed to run contrary to what I would expect from him based on some of his other views. Ok, I'll say it, he completely lost me when he promoted the view that 9/11 was an inside job.

He never said that, nor did he even promote such a thing. He distanced himself from the 9/11 truthers.

I think you're being mislead by media spin and propaganda. Some tried spouting that bullshit, but it was completely false.

The worst he was chastized for regarding 9/11 was when Giuliani tried to make him look bad at the first Republican debate, claiming Paul believed we "invited" the attack because we were bombing Iraq for a decade.

Obviously his particular choice of words, such as "invited", was spin. I don't think there's any way you can argue that we didn't create an air of hostility in those people, though. We've been intervening in their countries for decades.

Not to mention, THEY tell us that's why they hate us on a regular basis.

And the CIA themselves, along with the 9/11 commission, have concluded this.

Forum List

Back