Congress planning MASSIVE stimulus package

By the time everything is said and done, this stimulus package could be bigger than the bailout bill.

Story here.

So let's see, nearly $2 trillion in bailouts, excluding some sort of bankruptcy package for the Big 3, and now close to another trillion.

At this rate, why do we need to work for our money? Just let congress pay us to be unemployed.

This, coming from the guy who's been saying that stimulus checks are great because they boost your business.

Feeling a little guilty holding that hand out, now?

We are surely going to need something to stimulate the economy, folks.

It's broken, you know.

It's broken, you know.

It's not broken. There will be pain involved in correcting things, but throwing money at it isn't helping the situation.

At this point, it will probably require a depression to correct things. We, as citizens, are responsible because we were not politically vigilant.

If we must suffer a depression to fix this, then so be it. The weak will perish, and the strong will survive.

Maybe next time around we won't be fucking idiots.

How embarassing for you.

Yes, even the candidate you voted for uses the term "green technology"

Wipe the egg off your face.

Yes, one of many things I disagreed with him on. Are you surprised Obama Sheepette?

Yes, environmental whackos are responsible, in part, for the recession by imposing ridiculous and may I say fucked up standards on industry. Congratulations!

Isolde, that's weird. You dissapeared from the thread.

You must have thought the word "green technology" was really funny and lame for me to use, because you tagged your post with and LOL emoticon.

I just found the term "green technology" used on several government websites, including USEPA, US Department of Agriculture, and the White House website. The candidate you voted for, McCain, uses the term, it appears to be a commonly used lexicon among the educated and informed.

Can you get back to me and tell me what exactly was so funny and lame?

It was ironic and lame.

It's not broken. There will be pain involved in correcting things, but throwing money at it isn't helping the situation.

At this point, it will probably require a depression to correct things. We, as citizens, are responsible because we were not politically vigilant.

If we must suffer a depression to fix this, then so be it. The weak will perish, and the strong will survive.

Maybe next time around we won't be fucking idiots.

Maybe--How about Paul starting his campaign for 2012 about now so he can educate a few people ?

Maybe--How about Paul starting his campaign for 2012 about now so he can educate a few people ?

You know Paul has many good qualities, but boy was he a nutjob on defense in a post 9/11 world. Not that nutjobs are bad, I like you, don't I? :tongue:

It's broken, you know.

so the government borrows more money it cannot afford to pay back,, how is being so in debt that you are bankrupt and then borrowing more money going to fix anything!! as I understand the situation every stimulus package passed is money borrowed from China? or am I wrong..

I doubt he will. He's as old as McCain. This was probably his last go-around. And besides, it takes media coverage. He won't get any, because the media isn't forced to cover him anymore.

Maybe his son, though. And anyway, he's still actively spreading his philosophy through different channels like the ones Gigi has been mentioning.

Campaign for Liberty, Break the Matrix, etc.

It's basically 100% grassroots. The only reason it worked for Obama is because the media generated his following. Grassroots is extremely difficult. Unless the TV is talking to people, most won't listen.

You know Paul has many good qualities, but boy was he a nutjob on defense in a post 9/11 world. Not that nutjobs are bad, I like you, don't I? :tongue:

A nutjob that would have scaled back the American empire to it's Constitutional constraints, saved us billions of dollars, and stopped the absurd notion that preemptive war somehow makes us safer when all it really does is make us more resented around the world.

A nutjob that would have scaled back the American empire to it's Constitutional constraints, saved us billions of dollars, and stopped the absurd notion that preemptive war somehow makes us safer when all it really does is make us more resented around the world.

The terrorists brought it to our home turf. In response, yes, we waged a pre-emptive war and I must say, it has worked well so far.

The terrorists brought it to our home turf. In response, yes, we waged a pre-emptive war and I must say, it has worked well so far.

Haven't we been bringing it to their turf now for decades, though?

We shouldn't have expected that at some point, when they finally had the capabilities, they would try and exact revenge for all of our intervention on their holiest of lands?

Just try imagining for a second that it was us being bombed, intervened in, covertly manipulated, etc. Assume it was China doing it. How long before a group of Americans figured out a way to do something back to them?

Or are we the only ones with justification for aggression?

Well, actually, I was not inferring that Afghanistan was a preemptive war, because it wasn't. I was referring to Iraq and our hostile policy towards Iran as preemptive war, and the beginning stages of preemptive war. Preemptive war has not "worked" in Iraq because we went in under false pretenses and have only destabilized the region. Iraq had no plans to, and was incapable of attacking the United States. Iraq was not harboring terrorists, was not an Islamic extremist regime, and was actually opposed to our real enemy Osama bin-Laden.

"We're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here" doesn't really hold weight when you're referring to a third world nation with no navy, and that is militarily inferior to us in every way.

And our "just war" against Afghanistan has not "worked" either. 7 years later and Osama is still loose and rallying new members to his cause. It's time to cut our losses, bring the troops home from around the world, and begin the humble foreign policy George W. Bush talked about but never implemented.

Their solution to everything... Turn on the printing presses and print more money. UGH. Let's dig the hole deeper and deeper.... IT'S STUPID!!!!!

Well, actually, I was not inferring that Afghanistan was a preemptive war, because it wasn't. I was referring to Iraq and our hostile policy towards Iran as preemptive war, and the beginning stages of preemptive war. Preemptive war has not "worked" in Iraq because we went in under false pretenses and have only destabilized the region. Iraq had no plans to, and was incapable of attacking the United States. Iraq was not harboring terrorists, was not an Islamic extremist regime, and was actually opposed to our real enemy Osama bin-Laden.

"We're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here" doesn't really hold weight when you're referring to a third world nation with no navy, and that is militarily inferior to us in every way.

And our "just war" against Afghanistan has not "worked" either. 7 years later and Osama is still loose and rallying new members to his cause. It's time to cut our losses, bring the troops home from around the world, and begin the humble foreign policy George W. Bush talked about but never implemented.

I don't know, surely mistakes were made in the war's execution. However, we have remained safe and that is in no small part due to our military and our leadership.

Haven't we been bringing it to their turf now for decades, though?

We shouldn't have expected that at some point, when they finally had the capabilities, they would try and exact revenge for all of our intervention on their holiest of lands?

Just try imagining for a second that it was us being bombed, intervened in, covertly manipulated, etc. Assume it was China doing it. How long before a group of Americans figured out a way to do something back to them?

Or are we the only ones with justification for aggression?

I'm sorry, I do like a lot of what Ron Paul stood for. I just thought his defense policy ran contrary to a lot of his other positions. Maybe I wrote him off too soon.

Forum List

Back