Congress planning MASSIVE stimulus package

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
By the time everything is said and done, this stimulus package could be bigger than the bailout bill.

Story here.

So let's see, nearly $2 trillion in bailouts, excluding some sort of bankruptcy package for the Big 3, and now close to another trillion.

At this rate, why do we need to work for our money? Just let congress pay us to be unemployed.

By the time everything is said and done, this stimulus package could be bigger than the bailout bill.

Story here.

So let's see, nearly $2 trillion in bailouts, excluding some sort of bankruptcy package for the Big 3, and now close to another trillion.

At this rate, why do we need to work for our money? Just let congress pay us to be unemployed.

I can't figure out if you're for the stimulus or against it. You argue that it will be good for the economy, but here you sound angry about it.

At any rate, the government will once again take the steps necessary to prolong and worsen this crisis.

I can't figure out if you're for the stimulus or against it. You argue that it will be good for the economy, but here you sound angry about it.

At any rate, the government will once again take the steps necessary to prolong and worsen this crisis.

I was for the stimulus package after 9/11.

I was for the stimulus package earlier this year to help us avoid a recession.

Now that we're in a recession, I'm not for another stimulus package. I really do worry that people are going to depend on the government too much.

Now that we're in a recession, I'm not for another stimulus package. I really do worry that people are going to depend on the government too much.

too late Dave, you voted the gimme crowd in..

Then why are you voting for Democrats???

Are you kidding? After two time Bush voters allowed our Chimp in Chief to spend 700 billion on Iraq; and after we spent 700 billion to buy the bad dept of some greedy Wall Street moguls, this is exactly the kind of thing we should be spending money on. Infrastructure, roads, schools, green technology. Those are tangible things that benefit the Nation and put americans to work. Its not just buying some worthless wall street debt that exists on paper, or funding a futile and stupid war on the other side of the globe. Infrastructure, education, and technology pay for themselves in the long run.

The plan would include new funding for public works projects to repair the nation's crumbling infrastructure, as well as a fresh infusion of cash to promote green technology and alternative sources of energy. It also would include targeted tax cuts for working families, students, the elderly and job-creating businesses that Obama touted on the campaign trail.

The Dem Congress just can't help meddling and otherwise fuckering things up, can they?

Are you kidding? After two time Bush voters allowed our Chimp in Chief to spend 700 billion on Iraq; and after we spent 700 billion to buy the bad dept of some greedy Wall Street moguls, this is exactly the kind of thing we should be spending money on. Infrastructure, roads, schools, green technology. Those are tangible things that benefit the Nation and put americans to work. Its not just buying some worthless wall street debt that exists on paper, or funding a futile and stupid war on the other side of the globe. Infrastructure, education, and technology pay for themselves in the long run.

Oh for crying out loud, did you say green technology? :lol:

Oh for crying out loud, did you say green technology? :lol:

How embarassing for you.

Yes, even the candidate you voted for uses the term "green technology"

Wipe the egg off your face.

"Many Californians have understood the benefits of green technology for a while now and your governor sure understands them. Now we need to bring that smart ethic of environmental care to Washington." -- JOHN MCCAIN

"So I propose to put the purchasing power of the United States government on the side of green technology." -- JOHN MCCAIN

"We can save taxpayers billions of dollars in energy costs, and move the market in the direction of green technology." -- JOHN MCCAIN

Last edited:
How embarassing for you.

Yes, even the candidate you voted for uses the term "green technology"

Wipe the egg off your face.

Isolde, that's weird. You dissapeared from the thread.

You must have thought the word "green technology" was really funny and lame for me to use, because you tagged your post with and LOL emoticon.

I just found the term "green technology" used on several government websites, including USEPA, US Department of Agriculture, and the White House website. The candidate you voted for, McCain, uses the term, it appears to be a commonly used lexicon among the educated and informed.

Can you get back to me and tell me what exactly was so funny and lame?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Petrolum is green technology , too.

Oil is made from plants.

We need sustainable energy techology.

I just found the term "green technology" used on several government websites, including USEPA, US Department of Agriculture, and the White House website. The candidate you voted for, McCain, uses the term, it appears to be a commonly used lexicon among the educated and informed.
Can you get back to me and tell me what exactly was so funny and lame?
I realize you asked isolde but here's my take:
"Green Technology is a branch of the Global Warming scam designed to separate you from your money. Green Technology, Green Collar Jobs and the like are the new Snake Oil".

Forum List

Back