Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban

Once again, glad to see Congress has it's eye on what this country really needs

Hell with passing a budget, they cant be bothered with attacking the debt problem. What this country really needs is light bulbs and a Canadian pipeline

Absolutely we need the Canadian pipeline and the unions are heavily behind it as well. It will create thousands of jobs. Why do you hate job creation?

Energy production is the key to getting this country's economy back from the shit heap. More oil production, more coal, more nuclear, and fracking would put millions of people to work if the government would get the fuck out of the way.

It always amuses me how people like you bitch about the jobs situation and yet stand by and support the very policies that are preventing job creation. But, I guess you have to do what Obama tells you.

Preventing the pipeline is a losing situation for Obama and I think he'll eventually realize that and back peddle on his decision to stop it.

We have conservatives on here bitching every month how the economy only added 100,000 jobs and how that does nothing to change the employment figures

Now they are holding up a middle class tax break that will help a hundred million Americans so that they can add 5000 jobs

Hell with passing a budget, they cant be bothered with attacking the debt problem. What this country really needs is light bulbs and a Canadian pipeline

Absolutely we need the Canadian pipeline and the unions are heavily behind it as well. It will create thousands of jobs. Why do you hate job creation?

Energy production is the key to getting this country's economy back from the shit heap. More oil production, more coal, more nuclear, and fracking would put millions of people to work if the government would get the fuck out of the way.

It always amuses me how people like you bitch about the jobs situation and yet stand by and support the very policies that are preventing job creation. But, I guess you have to do what Obama tells you.

Preventing the pipeline is a losing situation for Obama and I think he'll eventually realize that and back peddle on his decision to stop it.

We have conservatives on here bitching every month how the economy only added 100,000 jobs and how that does nothing to change the employment figures

Now they are holding up a middle class tax break that will help a hundred million Americans so that they can add 5000 jobs

Why dont you tell the truth you lying Pile.

You want to completely bankrupt SS. A year after this cut, there is nothing to show for it.

Completely ineffective, but you need to buy votes.

Is there any position you take that doesnt cause you to sleep with the low life?

You want to completely bankrupt SS. A year after this cut, there is nothing to show for it.

Is there any position you take that doesnt cause you to sleep with the low life?

Where the heck do you get these pictures. Holy geeze that one is hysterical!

Sorries, nothing to do with topic but thats freaking funny.

As you bitch about others, you have to call yourself "right winger". You feel you have to lie about yourself to are you ready...

Republicans wasting time shutting the barn door after the horse has left

Three years ago, this would have made a difference. Now, nobody makes the old bulbs and nobody buys them

I buy them and I'll keep buying them as long as they are around.

What I'd like to do is shove a bulb down Al Gore's throat and then smash it.

Thank you, I still have a few to go. :D

Thank goodness that Republicans have their priorities in order

The Republicans's priorities is driving out unnecessary government regulation and the costs that go with it to the American People. Thank goodness you see the Republican priorities as well.

The SS payment cut was funded

Oh yea.......I forgot

We are not allowed to ask the 1% to kick in more...they are only paying the lowest tax rate in 70 years

The SS payment cut was funded

Oh yea.......I forgot

We are not allowed to ask the 1% to kick in more...they are only paying the lowest tax rate in 70 years

Oh really? With what? IOUs?

From what I've seen in this thread the main problem people have is they are technophobes.

The other complain is they like the softer light. I am happy to tell you there are LED's that are made that emit the same kind of light.

Yes, they are expensive, but the energy efficiency is 1/7th your average incandescence, and averages about half the cost of a fluorescent.

If someone wants me to do the math for them on how much the bulb would save them on its considerably longer lifespan I would be happy too.

Then what you can tell is wrong.

The main problem here is that people don't want the Federal Government taking away their choices (or, more aptly; they don't want the Federal Government to come within 100 miles of ever thinking they know what is better for us than we do).

Screw thee light bulbs (pardon the pun). It could be anything.

Get Uncle Sammy out of it.

Is that all that matters?

In this case. Absolutely.

When I want Al Gore to tell me how to run my life, I'll ask him.

Hmm. very liberal of you. All that is required for you to be able to do something is your desire to do it. Very good.

Well, no. That's not liberal.

You see a liberal not only wants to chose to not eat transfats. He wants to chose that I can't either.

A liberal not only wants to chose new light bulbs, he wants to make sure I chose the same by taking all the other choices away.

That's liberal.

From what I've seen in this thread the main problem people have is they are technophobes.

The other complain is they like the softer light. I am happy to tell you there are LED's that are made that emit the same kind of light.

Yes, they are expensive, but the energy efficiency is 1/7th your average incandescence, and averages about half the cost of a fluorescent.

If someone wants me to do the math for them on how much the bulb would save them on its considerably longer lifespan I would be happy too.

Then what you can tell is wrong.

The main problem here is that people don't want the Federal Government taking away their choices (or, more aptly; they don't want the Federal Government to come within 100 miles of ever thinking they know what is better for us than we do).

Screw thee light bulbs (pardon the pun). It could be anything.

Get Uncle Sammy out of it.

Uncle Sam has shit all to do with this. I'm just standing hard fucking facts. Being phobic of technology and science puts you in the wrong in the real world.

Thank you, I still have a few to go. :D

OMG I've got to keep a heads up. Too freaking funny. I'm still lmao over the kid in the bottom drawer.

Keep going and I'll now really watch for you.

Are we still on the mercury is good for you watch?

Mercury. Yes. It will kill you. Now in a light bulb for you.

BUT always remember your government cares for you enough to mandate you must now have mercury laden bulbs in your house so you can save the planet according to the idiots who are forecasting into 50 years in the future.

You know, your weathermen. The guys who can't forecast 2 days in advance.

Forum List

Back