Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban

Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban - Washington Times

Good deal! It's a start.

We need to vote in a lot more conservatives before we can undo all the destructive Democrat policies of the last (almost) six years.

Not so much. All they did was defund the enforcement. No one is actually making the old bulbs anymore...
you can then order from out of country too then. Many over seas would sell for the good ole yankee dollar, shipping more wealth abroad for the better product.

Good deal! It's a start.

We need to vote in a lot more conservatives before we can undo all the destructive Democrat policies of the last (almost) six years.

I cant get excited about this....................

I have already changed mine, realized the savings and wont go back.

Those CFL bulbs don't work outside in the cold.

I didnt know that, Thanks. But I use two prong for all of my outdoor needs.

Good deal! It's a start.

Not so much. All they did was defund the enforcement. No one is actually making the old bulbs anymore...
you can then order from out of country too then. Many over seas would sell for the good ole yankee dollar, shipping more wealth abroad for the better product.

The old bulbs are obsolete. Other than those who buy them to "stick it to Obama" (even though the ban was Bush's) nobody is going to buy them

Good deal! It's a start.

Those CFL bulbs don't work outside in the cold.
And how! When the house is cold, sometimes it takes 3 seconds for them to start glowing, and the garage... HAH! maybe 10 to glow dimly and stay as dim as a whale oil lamp.

They're shit.

We have these stupid bulbs in our bathroom because hubby wanted to try them . They take forever to light up the mirror thank god I have two other lights I have to turn on just to give enough light to get ready in morning

Republicans wasting time shutting the barn door after the horse has left

Three years ago, this would have made a difference. Now, nobody makes the old bulbs and nobody buys them

Good deal! It's a start.

It was a backdoor moment up here. You have to slide around enviro whackos.

And don't get me wrong you libs. I'm a Ducks Unlimited conservationist kinda person. What we did is we got mercury banned as an enviromental hazard. The CFL's got this time a pass, but barely.

But I can work this. It's a start.

Good deal! It's a start.

Should never have been passed in the first place.
There is a lot of damage that still must be undone.
Such as the devastation to the oil and coal industries. The interference with private sector firms in deference to unions. The crushing regulations on both large and small business.
Obamacare.

Good deal! It's a start.

And the EPA regulations that mandate you call your local HAZMAT team if you break one of these mercury filled bulbs should it become broken? The fact that you should not turn one off then on within 15 minutes lest the bulb's life be significantly shortened?
The fact that these bulbs can cost 5 times as much as an incandescent?
This whole thing was based on two things. One, the federal government was lobbied by the makers of these things( GE) because normal marketing did not persuade Americans to buy them. The other, the fact that people refuse to turn off lights in their home when a room is unoccupied.
We do not consume too much energy. We have too many people who use it inefficiently.
Too many trips via personal vehicle when one trip combining all stops would do is just one example.
I see it here in my neighborhood. I have neighbors that must pass by my house. I see people come and go several times per day. Ridiculous. This is why some states are looking at mileage or 'movement' taxes.

Three years ago, this would have made a difference. Now, nobody makes the old bulbs and nobody buys them

hehehe

I'm gonna knock those curly light bulbs into a new dimension. Personally. Mercury laden curly cues.

Nothing better than toxic little time bombs mandated by your big brother.

Where you going to put all that mercury?

We have these stupid bulbs in our bathroom because hubby wanted to try them . They take forever to light up the mirror thank god I have two other lights I have to turn on just to give enough light to get ready in morning

Buy LED's instead of fluorescent then. They turn on instantly and are much brighter.

hehehe

I'm gonna knock those curly light bulbs into a new dimension. Personally. Mercury laden curly cues.

Nothing better than toxic little time bombs mandated by your big brother.

Where you going to put all that mercury?

Curly bulbs won't last. LEDs will control the market within a few years.

Incandescents are a thing of the past. Something you can tell your grandiose about

Buy LED's instead of fluorescent then. They turn on instantly and are much brighter.

Shit these stupid bulbs were 8 bucks a piece and there is 6 lights around my mirror X2 bathrooms . I will wait and us the old fashion ones until they burn out

From what I've seen in this thread the main problem people have is they are technophobes.

The other complain is they like the softer light. I am happy to tell you there are LED's that are made that emit the same kind of light.

Yes, they are expensive, but the energy efficiency is 1/7th your average incandescence, and averages about half the cost of a fluorescent.

If someone wants me to do the math for them on how much the bulb would save them on its considerably longer lifespan I would be happy too.

Banning light bulbs was possibly the dumbest Big Government over-reach in History. And that's saying a lot. Lots & lots of dumb Big Government over-reaches in history.

Congress can't get anything else accomplished......but they can protect an obsolete technology

The market will decide what is obsolete. All of my bulbs are working just fine.

And what do you propose we do with all the mercury contained in the curlycue bulbs once they start piling up in the landfills over the years and contaminate the ground?

Incandescent bulbs are dead. We have moved on. In five years you will not be able to find them

I advise you to stock up on them and store them with your eight track tapes

:lol: They aren't going anywhere unless the government keeps the ban in place.

And you didn't answer my question about the mercury.

Once again, glad to see Congress has it's eye on what this country really needs

Hell with passing a budget, they cant be bothered with attacking the debt problem. What this country really needs is light bulbs and a Canadian pipeline

Absolutely we need the Canadian pipeline and the unions are heavily behind it as well. It will create thousands of jobs. Why do you hate job creation?

Energy production is the key to getting this country's economy back from the shit heap. More oil production, more coal, more nuclear, and fracking would put millions of people to work if the government would get the fuck out of the way.

It always amuses me how people like you bitch about the jobs situation and yet stand by and support the very policies that are preventing job creation. But, I guess you have to do what Obama tells you.

Preventing the pipeline is a losing situation for Obama and I think he'll eventually realize that and back peddle on his decision to stop it.

The market will decide what is obsolete. All of my bulbs are working just fine.

And what do you propose we do with all the mercury contained in the curlycue bulbs once they start piling up in the landfills over the years and contaminate the ground?

Incandescent bulbs are dead. We have moved on. In five years you will not be able to find them

Won't matter.

With LEDs becoming cheaper, you will be able to store your curlys with your eight tracks and incandescents

You never know, they may come back in style

Of course the old bulbs are still made, just not in this country. And plenty of people are still buying them where they can. The only reason why most will stop is because they won't be able to find them anymore if the ban stays in place. Nobody is going to spend $4 for a ligh bulb when they can get one for 50 cents.

By the way, why do you hate poor people so much?

Won't matter.

With LEDs becoming cheaper, you will be able to store your curlys with your eight tracks and incandescents

You never know, they may come back in style

And if that happens eventually that's fine, but that's how it should have happened in the first place. The market should decide, not a bunch of politicians who couldn't find their way out of their own assholes.

Forum List

Back