Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban

First positive thing I've seen come out of Congress since...well, shit, I can't remember the last time I saw something positive come out of Congress!

Congress can't get anything else accomplished......but they can protect an obsolete technology

Congress can't get anything else accomplished......but they can protect an obsolete technology

The market will decide what is obsolete. All of my bulbs are working just fine.

And what do you propose we do with all the mercury contained in the curlycue bulbs once they start piling up in the landfills over the years and contaminate the ground?

American Light Bulb Factory closed due to Energy Conservation Laws.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/07/AR2010090706933.html
I don't know if those jobs will be coming back or not but I'm glad the ban was lifted.

Yep, I was going to note that as well. The damage is already done. It remains to be seen whether or not they bring that manufacturing back into the U.S. My guess is probably not.

One more example of how over regulation has harmed our economy and put people out of work.

How are they obsolete? They cost more and as far as I can tell, don't last much longer than regular bulbs.

Also, lifting a ban is not "protecting", in this case it's bringing back freedom of choice.

You ARE for Freedom of Choice right?

And what do you propose we do with all the mercury contained in the curlycue bulbs once they start piling up in the landfills over the years and contaminate the ground?

Incandescent bulbs are dead. We have moved on. In five years you will not be able to find them

I advise you to stock up on them and store them with your eight track tapes

Incandescent bulbs are dead. We have moved on. In five years you will not be able to find them

One can still buy vinyl records...should Congress outlaw those as well?

Why buy vinyl when .wav format on computers will sound far, far, far, far, far superior to anything you could ever hope for from vinyl?

Why buy vinyl when .wav format on computers will sound far, far, far, far, far superior to anything you could ever hope for from vinyl?

Ha! Funny isn't it how 'obsolete technology' sometimes blows away the latest and greatest. And those new light bulbs shine such a pleasant glow don't they? Far, far, far, far superior to the spectrum of incandescent bulbs. This is why you see photographers and art studios using florescent lights whenever possible...

Some of these dolts would be happy to have the government tell them when they can and when they cannot take a shit. How pathetic.

Ha! Funny isn't it how 'obsolete technology' sometimes blows away the latest and greatest. And those new light bulbs shine such a pleasant glow don't they? Far, far, far, far superior to the spectrum of incandescent bulbs. This is why you see photographers and art studios using florescent lights whenever possible...

Some of these dolts would be happy to have the government tell them when they can and when they cannot take a shit. How pathetic.

Actually, I like the new lighting. I hate yellow light, it annoys me.

Yea....I go down to the record store all the time. It's in the mall right next to the light bulb store

Actually, I like the new lighting. I hate yellow light, it annoys me.

Yep bright white is best for most things.

Forum List

Back