Congress & obama

Wonder how well you will like the bill when your paying through the nose for it.

The Constitution?? What the hell is that?? These politicians sure weren't thinking of the Constitution when they wrote their ridiculous bill. Lets just hope the Senate puts it right where it belongs, the circular file.

Gotta feel the love from Congress for the US Constitution.

Maybe someone ought to remind them of it. I'm wondering if an email campaign - sending each and every one of them a copy of said document is in order?

Of course, we'd also need to explain phrases such as 'general welfare' to the incompetent critters.

Have any proof that anything in this bill violates the Constitution? Lucky for you our system allows you to question the Constutionality of this bill. I encourage you to file a challenge if you feel so strongly.

If you don't have true objections, why don't you just Bitch on a message board?

I should not have to PROVE shit. It is for congress to tell us where in the Constitution it fits.

Personally, I think that every bill that goes to the POTUS for signing should state exactly where in the Constitution authority is given to Congress to write the damned bill. That way everyone would be clear. We've allowed our congresscritters wayyyy too much power - over decades. It's high time we took it back.

Gotta feel the love from Congress for the US Constitution.

Maybe someone ought to remind them of it. I'm wondering if an email campaign - sending each and every one of them a copy of said document is in order?

Of course, we'd also need to explain phrases such as 'general welfare' to the incompetent critters.

Have any proof that anything in this bill violates the Constitution? Lucky for you our system allows you to question the Constutionality of this bill. I encourage you to file a challenge if you feel so strongly.

If you don't have true objections, why don't you just Bitch on a message board?

I should not have to PROVE shit. It is for congress to tell us where in the Constitution it fits.

Personally, I think that every bill that goes to the POTUS for signing should state exactly where in the Constitution authority is given to Congress to write the damned bill. That way everyone would be clear. We've allowed our congresscritters wayyyy too much power - over decades. It's high time we took it back.

Agreed. There SHOULD be a listing of Constitutional Authority. These people have taken an OATH to protect and defend, therefore would one not assume that when LAW is written they show authority, chapter and verse?

Frankly I don't think the vast majority of these creeps that have taken the Oath don't care. I do think it's high time that we take them to task.

After all? Pelosi laughed it off when asked under what authority this Healthcare Bill fell under. It was an example of arrogance to the extreme.

While most people agree that denying health converage based on pre-exiting condition should be reformed the original thread authors excitement over it is understandable. However, the current house legislation assumes that by mandating coverage on EVERY single American they can somehow offset their own costs by bringing in healthy young people to offset the costs of those with pre-existing conditions and high risk individuals, as well as those that tend to use Medical benefits more often. There are many problems with this, among them is the tax penalty is too low on thesse young people to act as a deterrant and motivate them into purchasing insurance. Other things assume that these young people will automatically go to the "public option" where many of those with pre-existing conditions will find themselves. Additional factors are the blatant constitutional issues associated with the mandates themselves. If the mandates are found to be unconstitutional and its likely they are and even the CBO acknowledges that the Govt. may not have the power to do this, then the whole healthcare reform bill collapses. Now, all that being said here is what could have been done without the additional creation of an entire new department within the Federal Govt. Let's assume for a moment that the goal here is to make healthcare affordable for those that need it and those that want it rather than a backdoor to "single payer" shall we. That said, the Govt. already has an insolvent medical program known as Medicare. If the Govt. wanted to reduce the cost of healthcare and promote competetion then rather than create a department that will compete with the insolvent one they already have , simply eliminate the age limit on Medicare and allow people who wish to purchase Medicare regardless of pre-existing condition. In conjunction with that allow for the sale of health insurance across state lines then add a tax on the sale of that insurance across state lines to repair the insolvent one you have. On top of that , with tort reform and an additional VAT of .05 on gas or any number of good within Federal authority you have a program that competes, that is in the black. and offers insurance to those that need it and want it. Not only that, it does not subvert the constitution in order to do it.

• Thanks
Reactions: bao
After reading the bill for 8 hours i agee with you all. But here is my story. I have and injury from a couple years ago my doctor informed me that he will not do the xrays or surgery because the insurance company may not cover it. This limit's my working ability. Sure they can raise my premiums but i feel i still have the right to have the surgery done regardless of it being a pre existing condition & so should every one else

Why didn't you have insurance a couple years ago? If you had been responsible then, then it wouldn't be a pre-existing condition now, would it?
Sounds to me like you made a choice, that choice didn't work out so well for you, so now you want to make somebody else responsible for your poor decision.

maybe your right i think they should give fine's to insurance company's who use these practices. As for spending 2 trillion dollar health care. I would rather spend it on health care than war. No i am not dum i just forgot to take my silly pill's today.

It is not a one or the other situation. War or health care are not mutually exclusive.
What a fucking weak argument.

maybe your right i think they should give fine's to insurance company's who use these practices. As for spending 2 trillion dollar health care. I would rather spend it on health care than war. No i am not dum i just forgot to take my silly pill's today.

It is not a one or the other situation. War or health care are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah the dumbfuck would rather have his healthcare than a military that protects his ass. How convoluted is that?

Yeah the dumbfuck would rather have his healthcare than a military that protects his ass. How convoluted is that?

Where in any of my post did i say I would rather have the health care then the military? Face it since the second gulf war we have at least 2 trillion dollar's on warfare. Alot of young soldiers have come home injured or dead. If you minus the money we spent on being in iraq alone & spent it on new military equipment & education, fixing the social security these are the thing are government should be working on not war operation. But i often say our country does not do enough for our soldiers when they come home from war's

I won my case any way my insurance company has to pay for the surgery. Who are you to judge me on if i was not responseble? I was working & take care of my sick dad like a good soon should. on my limited income i could not afford health insurance & could not get it from public welfare because of laws. If you can work more then 10 hours a week you are not allowed on the welfare program in my state.

Forum List

Back