Congress' Job Approval at New Low of 10% - Yay! Tea Party!

This is an interesting Graph.

I had thought that Dem's had reached a low in 2010.....

2012....doesn't look pretty either: In fact, it looks much worse.

:eusa_shifty:

If you look at the graph congressional approval was going down until the election of 2010 when the tea party took control of the house in 2011.

Um...there is no "Tea Party."

The "Tea Party Movement" was (is?) a grass-roots effort to decrease government spending and taxation.

I have not seen anything to make me believe either of these things have happened: So why do you insist that they have effected congressional popularity?

The tea party radicals is an extremist cell created by the Koch's, Beck and Palin when they hijacked the real tea party back in 09'.
They are the far right wing fascist arm of the GOP.

You can clearly see from the graph and now that the teabaggers have taken over the house, they have brought congress to it's lowest approval ratings in history.

What on earth would make you think the GOP thugs having a 5% approval rating, and the GOP/tea baggers again trying to destroy the nation is somehow a good thing?

Tea Party??

iif4j1icw0owgjwv1joi5w.gif

I don't think this graph is showing the approval ratings of the party members in Congress. I think it's showing the approval ratings of Congress, as assessed by people in the public of whatever political affiliation.

They really suck. I don't know how we as Americans continue to let them get away with this bullshit. What about ethics and integrity? Doesn't anyone care about this anymore?

Strict term limits.

Publicly-funded elections.

These people are not royalty. They're not special. They can be replaced.

I disagree with term limits. I don't want to be unable to vote for someone who is doing a good job for me.

I DO agree with government funding of campaigns

Tea Party??

iif4j1icw0owgjwv1joi5w.gif

I don't think this graph is showing the approval ratings of the party members in Congress. I think it's showing the approval ratings of Congress, as assessed by people in the public of whatever political affiliation.

You could be right, and it certainly would make sense that as the Democrats lost the Super-Majority, the Democratic approval of congress would decline....however, why wouldn't Republican approval increase?.....actually there is a small bump near the end (November) 2010, but nothing particularly significant.

It leads me to believe Republicans are an unhappy lot, no matter how their party performs.

Last edited:
They really suck. I don't know how we as Americans continue to let them get away with this bullshit. What about ethics and integrity? Doesn't anyone care about this anymore?

Strict term limits.

I disagree with term limits. I don't want to be unable to vote for someone who is doing a good job for me.

I agree that chicken soup is good for a cold.

So what's the purpose of voting on the same bill they know won't go anywhere 33 times?
their purpose is to do as their constituents demand of them. You think they should just stop because the Democrats in the Senate are going to be so obstinate that nothing will ever get passed?

I wonder just how many on the left would be screaming bloody murder and yelling from every rooftop, Obstructionist, if it was the GOP that stopped every bill from being debated and voted upon.

Why is it that you and the rest of the crowd are not screaming for Reid to just being the bills to a vote? After all, if they are wrong for America, then the Senate will vote appropriately.

And while your at it, demand that the Democrats vote on a fucking budget.

33 times.

Oh, and btw, we have been shouting from the rooftops about how the GOP has been obstructing, pretty much because they have. And you know it. You're not entirely wrong about the Senate Dems but don't talk like your side's shit doesn't stink in this because it stinks to high heaven.
No bills have languished due to the Republican's failure to bring them to a vote. A filibuster is when someone stands up and talks to prevent a vote on a bill, but the moment that they stop talking, the bill can be voted on. I'm surprised at your ignorance.

The last 'true' filibuster was 13 years ago. I'll reiterate. The cowardice of the Democrats, to bring to the floor for debate or vote, of any legislation on the sniveling of an 'alleged' filibuster cannot be laid on the shoulders of the Republicans, but rests wholly with the cowardice of the Democrats. In the past decade, we have seen ample proof of Democrats cowardice, the most recent example is of the Wisconsin legislature fleeing a vote out of sheer terror of not getting their way.

The Democrats of the US Senate refuse to bring to the floor, a debate or vote on any legislation for fear of not getting their way and losing power.

IT IS OBSTRUCTIONISM. BY DEMOCRATS.

33 or 1,033,000 times makes no difference. They are doing their job. The Democrats are not.

And while your at it, demand that the Democrats vote on a fucking budget.
For the milllllionth time, the pubs pull a nasty little trick on the Dem budget. They leave the dollar amounts but delete where the money is to go. Therefore, it cannot be passed.
For the very last time, it does not matter. The Dems have done the same thing.

If it is a bad budget, it gets voted down and then the fuckers go back to work to get a better budget.

BUT IT GETS VOTED ON!

The refusal to bring a budget to the floor is obstructionism by the Democrats.

Strict term limits.

But neither of those change the fact the public hasn't been making the best election choices....

If you look at the graph congressional approval was going down until the election of 2010 when the tea party took control of the house in 2011.

The "Tea Party Movement" was (is?) a grass-roots effort to decrease government spending and taxation.

I have not seen anything to make me believe either of these things have happened: So why do you insist that they have effected congressional popularity?

It was not a "grass roots movement".

But yeah..they wanted to cut taxes from historical lows..to nothing..and stop the spending to help the poor.

Other then that?

They wanted the black guy out of office..and no bailout for mortgage holders.

But yeah..they wanted to cut taxes from historical lows..to nothing..and stop the spending to help the poor.

Other then that?

Well, whatever they are/were, they were/are not a political party, and there are no members of congress with a "tea party" Party affiliation.

Other then that?

It absolutely WAS a grass roots movement. BTW...historical lows has zero meaning since prior to the 16th, the government did not have any taxation on wages. So, they remain at historic highs.

Yes I know there is no tea party.
Now for this comment. The only rise in approval came about when democrats took controll of congress, and thew rise was only with democrats.
After early 2009 approval started dropping from early 2009 until the end of 2010
When the tea party grass roots movement elected some people the approval in congress rose some but mainly with Republicans. If it had not been for tea party grass roots movement congressional approval would be at an all time low.

Other then that?

You know very little about what you speak, even Wiki has a better handle on it than you...

Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The theme of the Boston Tea Party, an iconic event in American history, has long been used by anti-tax protesters.[12][13][14] It was part of Tax Day protests held throughout the 1990s and earlier.[15][16][17][18] By 2001, a custom had developed among some conservative activists of sending tea bags to legislators and other officials via postal mail as an act of symbolism.[19]

More recently, the anniversary of the original Boston Tea Party was commemorated on December 16, 2007,[20] by Republican Congressman Ron Paul supporters who held a "Boston tea-party event" in 2007 which was a fundraiser for the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign which advocated an end to fiat money and the Federal Reserve System, disengaging from foreign entanglements in Iraq and Afghanistan, and upholding States' rights.[21][22][23]

Fox News commentator Juan Williams says that the TPM emerged from the ashes of Paul's 2008 presidential primary campaign.[24]

2007, before the black guy got INTO office.

Fucking race-baiting, you should know better.

You could be right, and it certainly would make sense that as the Democrats lost the Super-Majority, the Democratic approval of congress would decline....however, why wouldn't Republican approval increase?.....actually there is a small bump near the end (November) 2010, but nothing particularly significant.

It leads me to believe Republicans are an unhappy lot, no matter how their party performs.

:lol: You might be right about them being unhappy. :lol:

But it looks like Republican approval does spike upward at about the same time that Democrat approval dropped with the shift of power. It just didn't go as high as what the Dems were showing previously. The GOP is a splintered faction, with the mainstreams being pissed at what the TP crowd is doing, and the TP crowd pissed at the mainstreamers. I've never seen the GOP in such disunity in my life. They almost look like the Dems.

Not going to easy for any of them to win reelection in the 2014 midterms. They can't point to any real achievements or even any run of the mill federal spending in their districts as a reason they deserve to go back for another term of sitting there like bumps on a log. Two years of mostly symbolic votes on political bills that have no chance of passing is the worst kind of masturbation.

That is where threads like this are so meaningless.

Nobody likes congress....but most people are going to re-elect their congresspeople.

In Kansas....as near as I can tell, all four of our elected members of the house (all GOP) are going back to D.C. without much of a challenge. Two of them are ardent....take no prisoners Tea Party types.

Libs will send back their pussy reps at the same rate.

Again: Nobody likes congress.....but people do like their congressmen.

As for Tea Party types...they did just what they were sent there to do.....and that is why their constituents are going to send them back again. If Romney is elected and tries to move to the middle....he's gonna have a whole lot of flack coming at him from the far right.

Eh, I don't know that we need something else to strap the taxpayers with. I'd be happy with privately funded campaigns, with significant reform for contribution limits. Since government funded campaigns would take a constitutional amendment anyway, I'd just as soon make it an amendment to allow Congress to set limits on campaign contributions.

Not going to easy for any of them to win reelection in the 2014 midterms. They can't point to any real achievements or even any run of the mill federal spending in their districts as a reason they deserve to go back for another term of sitting there like bumps on a log. Two years of mostly symbolic votes on political bills that have no chance of passing is the worst kind of masturbation.

I'm thinking come January, 2013 there will be some action, just not in the direction you leftists desire...

President Obama 332 Governor Romney 206

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map No Toss Ups

And that is how things stand at present, folks:clap2:

Forum List

Back