Congress Is Partly to Blame for Embassy Attack--Get the Word out on the Internet!!

Democrats enacted $1.803 billion for embassy security, construction and maintenance for fiscal 2010, when they still controlled the Senate and House. After Republicans took control of the House and picked up six Senate seats, Congress reduced the enacted budget to $1.616 billion in fiscal 2011, and to $1.537 billion for 2012.

LINK

Since republicans say they are so gung ho on security, will they now fund it more?

For fiscal 2013, the administration requested $2.15 billion in funding for the worldwide security protection program, a larger increase from the previous year. The House countered with a proposal to increase the program to $1.934 billion

If our security overseas is so important as republicans say, why are the negotiating and playing games?

“When House Republicans protect budget-busting tax breaks for millionaires first, and slash embassy security, they reveal that their tough talk on national security is really just hollow words,” said Jesse Ferguson, a spokesman for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

Of course not but the security was in a state of flux while a permanent embassy to house a larger contingent was found and becasue due to the budget cuts...
Security in a state of flux?!?!??...At an American Embassy in Muslim country, on or about September 11th??!?!?!?

Are you fucking serious?!?!?

Step 1: Take your head out of Bioking's ass.

Step 2: Lay off the brown acid.

I really think a big segment of the right doesn't want a black president which underlies the hate and the over the top criticisms.

Now let's see if anyone on the right can respond to this with reasonable answers, not soundbites, not talking points or nasty, insulting comments.

I will really be pleasantly surprised if that happens!

After YOUR racist remark... I dont even want to respond to it.

The racism crap is just insulting to say the least, and down right silly on your part.

Basically, you lost this debate and pulled out the race card to end it.

I do not know one person who is pissed because there is a black man sitting in the Oval Office... NOT ONE! :mad:

Im disappointed my friend... very disappointed.

No, the defense cuts have nothing to do with this.
The issue is the Islamic community of Libya and how those at the embassy reacted to the issue.

tbh, some warning rounds should have been shot into the air and then into the rioters if they didn't adhere to the warning shots.

Did budget cuts have anything to do with Obama missing 60 per cent of his security briefings?

The OP is the perfect Useful tool, One of many for Obama which is damn scary

New Topics

Forum List

Back