Congress Is Partly to Blame for Embassy Attack--Get the Word out on the Internet!!

Get the word out!! Twitter, Facebook and everywhere!

The republican Congress is partly to blame for cutting the security budget and overall budget to the State Dept. As a consequence of the republican congress not giving Obama what he requested security was in a state of flux with downsizing, shuffling personnel, etc.[-X While all repubs are blaming Obama, will they also lay the blame on the republican Congress? Nah....

Rep. Connolly: State Dept. Budget Cuts Partly to Blame for 9/11 Libya Attack

Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-Va.), in an interview with Washington, D.C., radio station WTOP on Monday, stood by comments he made that Congress deserves some of the blame for the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others because it failed to give President Obama all the money he had requested for embassy security – and had cut the State Department’s budget overall.

Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-Va): Absolutely, Congress in the last few years, especially has consistently cut President Obama’s request for security for our embassies and consulates overseas. And it has also consistently cut the overall budget for the State Department, and I think that's a contributing factor to slowing down our ability to sort of harden and fortify embassies and other facilities abroad so they are as safe as they can be.

If that was the case, Obama would be yelling it from the top of the White House! Oh wait, does he know where that is? He would have a press conference and blame the Republicans with glee! He wouldn't miss an opportunity like that. Major fail..coh....

Last edited:
Wow!! The republicans syncopants on this forum are out to lunch and amazingly hypocritical!

Obama lied as they would have you believe but Congress holds no responsiblity. ONLY Obama!?? Amazing!

I know this will be met with non-answers and cutsie posters by the right but...

The CIA intercepted chatter about the attacks saying the attack was spontaneous based on the protests at the Cairo embassy which were about the offensive video.

Then somewhere in time after that, they intercepted some more chatter saying the attacks were planned by a local militia with al Qaeda's help.

Therefore, because of the lag between intercepts, the president was given incomplete information and it took some days for everything to be pieced together about the possible militia and al Qaeda connection.

I had posted a really long informational post about this when my internet went down and I lost everything. I will try to post links and more detail later but right now I have to deal with my ebay auctions which I also was in the process of posting and lost them all before getting them online! Grrrrrr...

But the bottom line is that is sounds pretty much like what I suspected. Lagging communication and intercepts. If people are objective they can see that and they should know that all intelligence information is incomplete and it has to be pieced together often over a period of time.

It WAS NOT deliberate lying!

And I trust Hillary completely!

I know now all her fans now don't like her and believe the propaganda the intelligence committee is putting out and their letters with questions that can't yet be answered.

In addition, like I posted above, the republican Congress cut $300 million from the State Dept.'s security budget so the State Dept. was in the process of re-shuffling personnel and re-assigning when this took place.

Now, I'd like State Dept. for $500, Alex!

Also:

American intelligence operatives also assisted State Department contractors and Libyan officials in tracking shoulder-fired missiles taken from the former arsenals of the former Libyan Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s forces; they aided in efforts to secure Libya’s chemical weapons stockpiles; and they helped train Libya’s new intelligence service, officials said.

The F.B.I. has sent investigators — many from its New York field office — to Benghazi, but they have been hampered by the city’s tenuous security environment and the fact that they arrived more than a day after the attack occurred, according to senior American officials.

Complicating the investigation, the officials said, is that many of the Americans who were evacuated from Benghazi after the attack are now scattered across Europe and the United States. It is also unclear, one of the officials said, whether there was much forensic evidence that could be extracted from the scene of the attacks.

It's a cover up you asshole.

So, we didn't want to send troops in right away, after the attack, to secure the scene, because we didn't have 'permission' of the Libyans. But we can retaliate now, well after the fact?
Boiking wants war...There's no other way to interpret the turn of events.

You are amazingly dense. It takes time to find the targets and gather all the information or would you prefer we had just sent a couple of nukes over that way to cover all bases? Yikes! You are unbelievable. And you're allowed to vote? Do you even have a clue about intelligence gathering? I suppose not since you don't have any.:D

You are the one missing the elevator that goes to the top.

You can spin it any way you want....but no matter what the facts are on the attacks....the administration has covered up their screw up.

Tell us.....Just how far up Obama's ass is your head ?

The republican Congress is partly to blame for cutting the security budget and overall budget to the State Dept. As a consequence of the republican congress not giving Obama what he requested security was in a state of flux with downsizing, shuffling personnel, etc.[-X While all repubs are blaming Obama, will they also lay the blame on the republican Congress? Nah....

Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-Va.), in an interview with Washington, D.C., radio station WTOP on Monday, stood by comments he made that Congress deserves some of the blame for the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others because it failed to give President Obama all the money he had requested for embassy security – and had cut the State Department’s budget overall.

Rep. Gerald Connolly (D-Va): Absolutely, Congress in the last few years, especially has consistently cut President Obama’s request for security for our embassies and consulates overseas. And it has also consistently cut the overall budget for the State Department, and I think that's a contributing factor to slowing down our ability to sort of harden and fortify embassies and other facilities abroad so they are as safe as they can be.

Holy shit.... this is a brand new low :eusa_clap:

Budgets cuts do not make terrorists attack us.

Terrorists are to blame for the attack on the embassy.

Yes, and the Obama regime is responsible for letting our embassador and 3 brave men die... and now they are responsible for the cover that has followed.

This is disgusting to put it lightly.

So, we didn't want to send troops in right away, after the attack, to secure the scene, because we didn't have 'permission' of the Libyans. But we can retaliate now, well after the fact?

You are amazingly dense. It takes time to find the targets and gather all the information or would you prefer we had just sent a couple of nukes over that way to cover all bases? Yikes! You are unbelievable. And you're allowed to vote? Do you even have a clue about intelligence gathering? I suppose not since you don't have any.:D

Why are conservatives and republicans the ones that are dense?

We are not defending a regime that got 4 brave men killed and is covering up the facts for an election.

You really should be ashamed of defending this regime.

I thought you to be an intelligent lady. :confused:
You are better than this my friend.... You might not like Romney, but my God why are you stooping this low to defend the indefensible??

The Lamestream abc media has been complicit in the cover up..

And how about your President blaming it on a American Citizen that was the reason that started it all?

give your warm fuzzies, doesn't it

Great post.

Everyone interviewing that piece of shit Issa should have a copy of it.

Of course not but the security was in a state of flux while a permanent embassy to house a larger contingent was found and becasue due to the budget cuts, the security was in a state of flux with personnel being reassigned and some laid off or sent to different agencies, etc. So the lack of security if that turns out to be the case is partly the republican Congress' fault. If they KNEW so much about the problem there then they should have told the state dept. they would somehow fund extra personnel there and elsewhere if needed!

Of course not but the security was in a state of flux while a permanent embassy to house a larger contingent was found and becasue due to the budget cuts, the security was in a state of flux with personnel being reassigned and some laid off or sent to different agencies, etc. So the lack of security if that turns out to be the case is partly the republican Congress' fault. If they KNEW so much about the problem there then they should have told the state dept. they would somehow fund extra personnel there and elsewhere if needed!

Stop being stupid...!

Obama and his minions didnt need Republicans for nearly TWO YEARS!! They pushed everything else through they wanted to get passed.

Stop blaming Obama's lack of leadership on Republicans.

I blame you dumbasses that voted them in.... you all have a part in the blame if ya ask me.

SHAME ON YOU !!
:mad:

Wow!! The republicans syncopants on this forum are out to lunch and amazingly hypocritical!

Obama lied as they would have you believe but Congress holds no responsiblity. ONLY Obama!?? Amazing!

I know this will be met with non-answers and cutsie posters by the right but...

The CIA intercepted chatter about the attacks saying the attack was spontaneous based on the protests at the Cairo embassy which were about the offensive video.

Then somewhere in time after that, they intercepted some more chatter saying the attacks were planned by a local militia with al Qaeda's help.

Therefore, because of the lag between intercepts, the president was given incomplete information and it took some days for everything to be pieced together about the possible militia and al Qaeda connection.

I had posted a really long informational post about this when my internet went down and I lost everything. I will try to post links and more detail later but right now I have to deal with my ebay auctions which I also was in the process of posting and lost them all before getting them online! Grrrrrr...

But the bottom line is that is sounds pretty much like what I suspected. Lagging communication and intercepts. If people are objective they can see that and they should know that all intelligence information is incomplete and it has to be pieced together often over a period of time.

It WAS NOT deliberate lying!

And I trust Hillary completely!

I know now all her fans now don't like her and believe the propaganda the intelligence committee is putting out and their letters with questions that can't yet be answered.

In addition, like I posted above, the republican Congress cut $300 million from the State Dept.'s security budget so the State Dept. was in the process of re-shuffling personnel and re-assigning when this took place.

Now, I'd like State Dept. for $500, Alex!

Also:

American intelligence operatives also assisted State Department contractors and Libyan officials in tracking shoulder-fired missiles taken from the former arsenals of the former Libyan Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s forces; they aided in efforts to secure Libya’s chemical weapons stockpiles; and they helped train Libya’s new intelligence service, officials said.

The F.B.I. has sent investigators — many from its New York field office — to Benghazi, but they have been hampered by the city’s tenuous security environment and the fact that they arrived more than a day after the attack occurred, according to senior American officials.

Complicating the investigation, the officials said, is that many of the Americans who were evacuated from Benghazi after the attack are now scattered across Europe and the United States. It is also unclear, one of the officials said, whether there was much forensic evidence that could be extracted from the scene of the attacks.

Obama did lie. That is easily proven by the fact that the 9/11 attacks were not the first attack on the consulate in Benghazi. There was a post on Facebook before the attack that warned us that there would be more.

U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Bombed Twice in Run-Up to 9/11 Anniversary - The Daily Beast

Don't worry though, I am a sycophant because I don't bow before Obama's awesomely awesome awesomeness.

Is the party that has refused to Pass a Budget in 3.5 Years, actually going to try and blame the GOP house for this now?

Unbelievable.

It was a tragedy that shameless Pubs are trying to get mileage out of. The worst kind of Monday morning quarterbacking...No lies.

But somehow it was different when Democrats were asking what they knew, and when they knew it, after 9/11 right.

No Lies, you are a pathetic Partisan Hack.

And that terror attack could plausibly be blamed on Clinton and his refusal to do anything for all the attacks commited during his administration.

I am getting sick of liberal assholes refusing to hold Obama to task for ANYTHING!!

It was a tragedy that shameless Pubs are trying to get mileage out of. The worst kind of Monday morning quarterbacking...No lies.

But somehow it was different when Democrats were asking what they knew, and when they knew it, after 9/11 right.

And that terror attack could plausibly be blamed on Clinton and his refusal to do anything for all the attacks commited during his administration.

I am getting sick of liberal assholes refusing to hold Obama to task for ANYTHING!!

They never will.

They never will.

I know... but I am a dreamer :cool:

Why are conservatives and republicans the ones that are dense?

We are not defending a regime that got 4 brave men killed and is covering up the facts for an election.

You really should be ashamed of defending this regime.

I thought you to be an intelligent lady. :confused:
You are better than this my friend.... You might not like Romney, but my God why are you stooping this low to defend the indefensible??

Becasuse they can't see the overall picture and keep responding with republican talking point meme's. Also some responses are so simplistic it is almost laughable if they aren't just cutsie or disgusting. When something like this happens it takes a lot of intelligence gathering (and then we have to HOPE we aren't getting disinformation and that we ar getting enough pieces of the puzzle to figure out what did or is going to happen). We have to have a budget sufficient to fund security in a very hostile region (which the republican Congress cut), and things like that.

I'm not saying there weren't some failures along the way but at the same time, information coming from the CIA was fragmented in the first week or so and they could only give what they got to the administration. It wasn't until at least several days later that they intercepted chatter that the attacks were planned and a few more details.

I think the admin should have waited to see if more info could be gathered but then we all know they'd be criticized for keeping quiet(unitl they had a better picture).

But I know that some people hate Obama to the point of it being pathological and they won't give him and inch and I really think a big segment of the right doesn't want a black president which underlies the hate and the over the top criticisms.

Now let's see if anyone on the right can respond to this with reasonable answers, not soundbites, not talking points or nasty, insulting comments.

I will really be pleasantly surprised if that happens!

Forum List

Back