Congress got it horribly wrong

NOBODY"S given any details as to what these cuts will be- a stupid manufactured crisis and a stupid solution, all for the dupes and ANOTHER delay for the recovery. How 'bout the Pubs allow some JOBS bills to pass- some right out of their playbook. NOBODY should cut spending - or raise taxes (Obama NEVER wanted to until 2013, numbskulls- D'OH!!
Idiot!

When we repeal the Bush tax cuts and get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

You can tax the Billionaires at 100% and still not pay the debt. Wits not the revenue, it's the spending. Get the spending under control and I might think about a tax increase.

But not on one group of people. If you want to repeal the Bush tax cuts then do it across the board the same way they were given. I can then promise you that the Republicans will retake the White house and the Senate.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts and get out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

The vast majority of the debt came from the Bush tax cuts, two unfunded wars, and Bush's unfunded drug program.

Do a little reading, my friend.

And this Administration is on par to double Bush. I don't care. I care about tomorrow. And tomorrow doesn't look good. And no one in Washington gives a crap.

Don't vote for incumbents!

Watching Washington hold our economy hostage the past few weeks, as it refuses to reach a compromise deal on deficit reduction so we can raise the debt ceiling, has been beyond frustrating. Surreal is more like it.

Here is what Congress has gotten so horribly wrong:

First, if you spend it, you have to pay it back.

As we all know, if you run up a balance on your credit card and then decide not to pay the bill, there's a huge price to pay. Your interest rate goes up, your credit score goes down and that triggers all sorts of costly dominoes to start falling. To not raise the debt ceiling is akin to refusing to pay your credit card bill.

The debt ceiling has nothing to do with future spending. It's simply a mechanism that allows the U.S. government to keep paying off the bills it has already run up. This is a completely separate issue from what we decide is the right pace of future spending for our country. The deficit reduction debate is about that future path. That anyone insists on linking the two is absurd. We must make good on paying off our bills.

Congress' mishandling of debt ceiling and deficit is surreal - CNN.com

Well, if you give the president carte blanche to keep spending, he's going to do it.
y.

all spending originates in the House of Representatives. The President can barely spend government money to buy lunch without congressional approval.

Last edited:
Believe that if you want. His death saved off-shore tax cheats Billions. Why is no one else raising that revenue option? Off-shore tax cheats should be easy targets for both parties.

Because we dont have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.

Why should the people be burdened because the politicians refuse to take care of their tax money? They've spent the money we've already given and you want to give them more?

Actually we do have a revenue problem.

We have the lowest tax rate of any of the industrialized nations, except for Japan and Spain.

And Japan and Spain are not trying to police the planet.

So what? We also bring in more taxes than any country on the planet.

When we repeal the Bush tax cuts and get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

You can tax the Billionaires at 100% and still not pay the debt. Wits not the revenue, it's the spending. Get the spending under control and I might think about a tax increase.

But not on one group of people. If you want to repeal the Bush tax cuts then do it across the board the same way they were given. I can then promise you that the Republicans will retake the White house and the Senate.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts and get out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

The vast majority of the debt came from the Bush tax cuts, two unfunded wars, and Bush's unfunded drug program.

Do a little reading, my friend.

The vast majority of the Bush tax cuts went to people making less than $200,000.00 a year.

Forum List

Back