Congress gets richer, people poorer

or that the median person is a dumbass, I buy a lot of the same stocks they do and wallah I got more now too. LOFL

Yes yes, and that is why policy follows money like a puppy.

"We live in a world of inequality and diversity. . . . Now the big challenge and threat is the gap in wealth and health that separates rich and poor. . . . Here is the greatest single problem and danger facing the world of the third millennium.'' It is in the interests of rich as well as poor peoples to see this gap narrowed. David S. Landes believes, however, that progress toward that goal requires us first to recognize that the causes of this division are neither merely contemporary nor even recent but historic and very long-standing. To alleviate today's disparities we must first understand that they have their roots deeply embedded in the past 600 years or so of world history." http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/03/15/reviews/980315.15portert.html?_r=2

"...Today, the richest 1 percent account for 24 percent of the nation's income. What caused this to happen? Over the next two weeks, I'll try to answer that question by looking at all potential explanations—race, gender, the computer revolution, immigration, trade, government policies, the decline of labor, compensation policies on Wall Street and in executive suites, and education."

Why we can't ignore growing income inequality. (1) - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine
Why we can't ignore growing income inequality. (2) - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

The Social Welfare State, beyond Ideology: Scientific American

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

>

Last edited:
Hence, my theory that all politicians (regardless of party) are dishonest, lying bastards.
They are looking after their own interests, the political class need their sweeties while the rest of America loses their jobs and continues the slide into poverty, just I think sometimes they are playing with fire in a recession after all it was high food prices, unemployment, extravagant displays of wealth, and poverty that brought on the French Revolution...it kinda seems familiar.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back