Congress-Fatigue: Are You Feeling It?...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
I don't know about you but i am definitely suffering from Congress-Fatigue at this point. It just seems like our Congress now only promotes bitterness and dissension. It seems like most Americans do feel a real sense of Peace & Tranquility when they're away on Recess. In fact most people i've talked to lately,can't wait for them to go away on their coming Recess. I think that pretty much says it all about our Congress at this point. Are they in session too much? Personally i feel they are in session far too often. I like how Texas does it. Their State Legislature meets for 90 Days a year every two months. This seems to work well for them.

In the end i have to say that the more they meet,the more damage they do to our nation. That's just how i feel at this point. Do we need new Legislation that mandates them meeting less often? So are you now suffering from Congress-Fatigue too? I would be very interested in hearing how others feel on this. Thanks.

we don't need no fucking congress. The majority rules. All we need is We The People.

Yea i'm just so burned out on the Health Care propaganda stuff at this point. I really do think more & more people are beginning to agree with me on that. Is it Recess time yet?

Excellent thread LibocalypseNow. I think the fatigue is being brought on deliberately. They want us to get sick and tired of a new daily crises that we finally tell ourselves. "To Hell with it; let them fuck up the Country, I'm tired of fighting this every day." If you've seen the movie, "I was a Communist for the FBI" that's how the communists would use a similar tactic to infiltrate Unions and take over leadership. They'd go to meetings and ask ridiculous questions well into the evening before a vote on leadership could be made. Most honest union guys would grow tired of the delays and simply leave early. That would leave the communists, who stayed behind, the opportunity to vote themselves into positions of power.

To communists and progressives, the ends justifies the means.

Last edited:
The economy is pretty bad. Lots of companies are laying people off. We could save a lot of money if we laid off about 2/3's of the Congress critters.

I really do think more States and our Congress should follow the Texas model on Legislative sessions. The less they meet,the less damage they can do to our nation. I mean it really has gotten so bad that most people just want our Congress to go away. They should only meet a couple times a year with very short sessions. They create all the problems in this country and then claim that they have all the solutions to the problems they themselves created. It's actually pretty depressing.

I think congress could meet once a year, for 3 weeks, and we would all be better off. I think they should only meet during business hours during that time as well. If we enact that idea, and they get out of control, we could enact penalties for "congressional overtime".
I suggest that if they exceed their time or authority, they would all have to do so in 'cross-dressing' fashion.
In other words, congressmen in dresses and panty hose, and congresswomen dressed like male professional wrestlers.
Who could take Harry Reid in a dress or Nancy Pelosi dressed as hulk hogan seriously?

I really do think more States and our Congress should follow the Texas model on Legislative sessions. The less they meet,the less damage they can do to our nation. I mean it really has gotten so bad that most people just want our Congress to go away. They should only meet a couple times a year with very short sessions. They create all the problems in this country and then claim that they have all the solutions to the problems they themselves created. It's actually pretty depressing.

Indeed. What is the latest Approval for Congress? 18%?

it must really Suck to be the majority right now. Especially when GW Bush bottomed out at 29%

I think congress could meet once a year, for 3 weeks, and we would all be better off. I think they should only meet during business hours during that time as well. If we enact that idea, and they get out of control, we could enact penalties for "congressional overtime".
I suggest that if they exceed their time or authority, they would all have to do so in 'cross-dressing' fashion.
In other words, congressmen in dresses and panty hose, and congresswomen dressed like male professional wrestlers.
Who could take Harry Reid in a dress or Nancy Pelosi dressed as hulk hogan seriously?

Your whitticism noted (and funny actually)...It goes deeper than that.

WHY do we pay these creeps for destroying US, and ALL were are and ever have been?

WHY do we pay these creeps for destroying US, and ALL were are and ever have been?

Oh I strongly agree. My understanding is our founding fathers never intended government to be a full-time job, or especially a career.
The best government is not one that creates legislation, but the one that refuses to create new legislation while upholding the constitution.

When they meet this much they feel a sense of urgency to pass anything just to say they did something. The People are to blame as well. Many constantly whine about the Congress not working hard enough and taking too much time off. This whining does put a lot of pressure on the politicians to do something even if it is bad for the country. More Americans should actually be complaining about our Congress being in session too much. Our Government is now doing too much and is grossly over-reaching on everything. Personally i can't wait for them to go away on Recess. I know when they're gone,they can't do any more damage. I've noticed with most people that they do feel a real sense of peace & tranquility when Congress is away on Recess. I think they should actually take an early Recess. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

Last edited:
I definitely think you're right about "we the people" getting fed up with Congress. Some people have already started turning this into a partisan thread, but I think it's much more than just dislike of the majority dems.

We've had both dems and repubs screaming about how whomever is in office is screwing things up for so long (has it ever not been like this??) that people just hate the government period. If the repubs win back Congress in 2010 or the White House in 2012, after a year or two with the same stalemate as we have now, the sentiment will be the same. Honestly it's anti-government not anti-(insert party).

I'm a left-leaning centrist in favor of term limits (usually a conservative idea). It's not in the Constitution and you'd have to guess that the Founding Fathers considered it and rejected the idea...however I dont think they considered the effect of the lethargy of such a large nation nor the sweeping power of world-wide corporations as politics changers. (Yes they had comparably large businesses in those days, but not with the effects on government as we have today)

Where are the trustworthy, hard-working politicians these days!??!!!

Good points Vanquish. Term Limits could be a good start to some positive change. It just seems like the Congress only serves to divide the People at this point. You can almost hear & feel that mass collective sigh of relief from the People when they go away on Recess. What does that say about our Government at this point? In my opinion it says that they're just doing too much. The People are now screaming for them to just get off their backs. I just wish one brave politician would stand up and offer some legislation that would propose cutting back on the amount of time they meet. Just wishful thinking on my part i guess.

We'll have this discussion again when they do go away on their coming Recess. I guarantee that the People will be feeling much better about things and will be feeling an overall sense of peace and calm while Congress is away. It will be interesting having a discussion on this then. Hmm?

The local radio talk show was basically saying the same thing. That the recess will calm some people down. But I think if the politicians dont run from town halls...the people may organize even more and whip up even more fervor.

There's no doubt about it that both parties are heading the wrong way. We need a viable 3rd party.

Well said Vanquish. Yea it's pretty sad when most of the country just wants Congress to go away. Is it Recess time yet?

Oh I strongly agree. My understanding is our founding fathers never intended government to be a full-time job, or especially a career.
The best government is not one that creates legislation, but the one that refuses to create new legislation while upholding the constitution.

Game, SET, Match... their entire intent.

They would REEL under the weight of what we have now, and kick some asses of most of present members of the legislature as a parent would of a petulant child.

They never meant for this bastardization of what they built. Sadly? Most of what we have is intentional...and the people bear MUCH of the responsibility for letting it happen.

Forum List

Back