Congress-Fatigue: Are You Feeling It?...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibocalypseNow, Mar 7, 2010.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I don't know about you but i am definitely suffering from Congress-Fatigue at this point. It just seems like our Congress now only promotes bitterness and dissension. It seems like most Americans do feel a real sense of Peace & Tranquility when they're away on Recess. In fact most people i've talked to lately,can't wait for them to go away on their coming Recess. I think that pretty much says it all about our Congress at this point. Are they in session too much? Personally i feel they are in session far too often. I like how Texas does it. Their State Legislature meets for 90 Days a year every two months. This seems to work well for them.

In the end i have to say that the more they meet,the more damage they do to our nation. That's just how i feel at this point. Do we need new Legislation that mandates them meeting less often? So are you now suffering from Congress-Fatigue too? I would be very interested in hearing how others feel on this. Thanks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756
    we don't need no fucking congress. The majority rules. All we need is We The People.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756
    Play me some harmonica baby.

4. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yea i'm just so burned out on the Health Care propaganda stuff at this point. I really do think more & more people are beginning to agree with me on that. Is it Recess time yet?

5. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    They could shut down...and WE would be fine.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. AvgGuyIA

AvgGuyIA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,448
    Excellent thread LibocalypseNow. I think the fatigue is being brought on deliberately. They want us to get sick and tired of a new daily crises that we finally tell ourselves. "To Hell with it; let them fuck up the Country, I'm tired of fighting this every day." If you've seen the movie, "I was a Communist for the FBI" that's how the communists would use a similar tactic to infiltrate Unions and take over leadership. They'd go to meetings and ask ridiculous questions well into the evening before a vote on leadership could be made. Most honest union guys would grow tired of the delays and simply leave early. That would leave the communists, who stayed behind, the opportunity to vote themselves into positions of power.

To communists and progressives, the ends justifies the means.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  7. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,733
    The economy is pretty bad. Lots of companies are laying people off. We could save a lot of money if we laid off about 2/3's of the Congress critters.

8. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I really do think more States and our Congress should follow the Texas model on Legislative sessions. The less they meet,the less damage they can do to our nation. I mean it really has gotten so bad that most people just want our Congress to go away. They should only meet a couple times a year with very short sessions. They create all the problems in this country and then claim that they have all the solutions to the problems they themselves created. It's actually pretty depressing.

9. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    I think congress could meet once a year, for 3 weeks, and we would all be better off. I think they should only meet during business hours during that time as well. If we enact that idea, and they get out of control, we could enact penalties for "congressional overtime".
    I suggest that if they exceed their time or authority, they would all have to do so in 'cross-dressing' fashion.
    In other words, congressmen in dresses and panty hose, and congresswomen dressed like male professional wrestlers.
    Who could take Harry Reid in a dress or Nancy Pelosi dressed as hulk hogan seriously?

10. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Indeed. What is the latest Approval for Congress? 18%?

it must really Suck to be the majority right now. Especially when GW Bush bottomed out at 29%